Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

This is an OpenCore problem.

Here's how to solve it, but then it will appear (after some time) again.

OK. Thanks, Buddy.

My Messages app on the Mac is acting up. I want to try and redo the SMBIOS stuff. Can someone walk me through the process using OpenCore? How do I do it? I know how to do it in Clover, but not in OpenCore.

My Messages app on the Mac is acting up. I want to try and redo the SMBIOS stuff. Can someone walk me through the process using OpenCore? How do I do it? I know how to do it in Clover, but not in OpenCore.
What you are asking is explained best in their documentation on their Github pages, really well done stuff and it will save someone from doing your homework for you.
OpenCore-Desktop-Guide

An odd issue just arose. I went into my BIOS and turned off the LED lighting when in sleep mode setting, saved, and then the BIOS keeps loading back up. It’s not detecting my M.2 install drive as being attached. Just disappeared. I tried setting LED lighting back on, but that didn’t correct the issue. I can’t load back into Catalina now as it’s not detected my M.2 drive. It’s also not detecting my SSD. Any ideas?

Ahh. Again.
It logout from all sites and services. Chrome/Safari.
iCloud didn't log out and work.
Any services ask me to authorize NEW the device via email, phone, etc.

An odd issue just arose. I went into my BIOS and turned off the LED lighting when in sleep mode setting, saved, and then the BIOS keeps loading back up. It’s not detecting my M.2 install drive as being attached. Just disappeared. I tried setting LED lighting back on, but that didn’t correct the issue. I can’t load back into Catalina now as it’s not detected my M.2 drive. It’s also not detecting my SSD. Any ideas?
I woke up early this morning, and had to boot of Windows installation USB. Installed Windows 10 again onto my SSD. Then load EZ Updater and reflash the BIOS. Now I'm back into Catalina.
I'm not making any new changes to my BIOS settings as it may corrupt my BIOS again.

Just installed your updated DGPU Clover EFI (love the new Clover theme, BTW) and my Bluetooth stopped working. Everything else seems fine, iMessages, Apple TV.... Airplay stopped working for me a while back, and I never was able to get it going again. The only thing that's not working with the new EFI is Bluetooth. Any suggestions?

Just installed your updated DGPU Clover EFI (love the new Clover theme, BTW) and my Bluetooth stopped working. Everything else seems fine, iMessages, Apple TV.... Airplay stopped working for me a while back, and I never was able to get it going again. The only thing that's not working with the new EFI is Bluetooth. Any suggestions?
Are you still on the H370 board? You don’t say how you are expecting Bluetooth to work, what hardware are you using? @ModMike has kexts in place for a DW 1560 card, if you’ve got one of those you should be good.

I found out exactly when the black screen appears in the BIOS when using OpenCore.

The black screen in the BIOS appears only after the computer exits sleep mode when using macOS. If the computer slept, then
There are two ways to solve the black screen in the BIOS on the ASUS ROG Strix Z390-I Gaming. I checked both and they both work great.

Two ways to solve the problem:
1. Reset NVRAM in OpenCore bootloader
2. Flashing BIOS through Windows 10

In both cases, the problem is immediately resolved. I recommend using the first option, as it’s easier.

Back