Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

Yes, like this. Should be comprehensive, let me know if it works for you.
Should i use this file with my current settings everything the same as the guide minus the XMP disabled and security boot and keys are on. Or should i enable xmp and disable security boot and keys?

Should i use this file with my current settings everything the same as the guide minus the XMP disabled and security boot and keys are on. Or should i enable xmp and disable security boot and keys?
Try as is first.

Try as is first.
Ok so far it booted good. I'm gonna run it for a bit and see what happens. Under kext installer EFI others it shows lily whatevergreen applealc have a update should I update them from clover configurator?

Ok so far it booted good. I'm gonna run it for a bit and see what happens. Under kext installer EFI others it shows lily whatevergreen applealc have a update should I update them from clover configurator?
Or Hackintool, either way you will have to mount the EFI partition and manually copy over the updated version to clover/kexts/other. Makes sure to empty the trash when done deleting files.

Thanks for the answers. But I'm really sorry I didn't have knowledge to progress it even further. I don't know what to delete, or what to keep, and why.

For now I'm sticking with USBInjectAll.kext.

For @ModMike, after reading this thread I'we currently tried iMacPro 1,1 SMBIOS with this set to 0, and iGPU turn off in the BIOS, with PEG selected:

View attachment 458855

I will update for what effect this to my Catalina Build here:
1. DP /HDMI audio still problematic after some period of time. (I kind a give up at this problem, so lets skip this.)
2. With iGPU turn off at SMBIOS iMacPro1,1 my build didn't restart it self/glitchy after period of time, and I'm stress testing it hard:

View attachment 458857

This is recording Zoom call, playing YouTube video and compressor app rendering 30 minutes video.

3. There is some performance hit though:

View attachment 458858

But I will take the performance hit rather (3x slower) than nicer performance but the system restarting it self.

4. If I'm reading like 4 -6 thread about radeon VII problem (exp : this thread), there is a way to enable the iGPU to working with iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS. but I'm not capable to understand that.

5. I'm trying nearly everything that I could, even re-sitting the build make sure everything connected properly. (exp: plug out and plug in the CPU, GPU, fan connector at the build, etc.)

6. I don't have moral of the story here, but I can say with my build. SMBIOS iMacPro1,1 does provide most stable system.

7. Thanks for everyone helping me and others. Maybe, if someday @ModMike change his GPU to Radeon VII, others and I with similar specs and similar limited knowledge, who also follow this excellent guide, can get fully working system. But, until then, this is as far as I can go.

8. I cann't stress enough, I'm thanking everyone that helping esp @ModMike and @Leesureone. You guys makes people like me can afford performance that Apple out-priced me longtime ago.

9. Good luck for everyone who still got a problems.

Sorry we couldn't figure it out. I posted new EFIs and like I said, everything works great here so you may want to try them out one last time.

And now...don't know what changed (I didn't change anything) and shutdown/restart do not work in finder. They work from terminal sudo shutdown -h now for example works.

I am using the exact EFI and BIOS settings listing in post one for the Vega 64. The only difference is my GPU is a ASUS Radeon RX Vega64. In the process of gathering any deltas in logs and other important files from before and after.

Because this worked when I posted the first reply. I am sure it is something small and silly that I am not seeing.

My new EFIs are set up for native NVRM. Check that you don't have an old nvram.plist in the root of your EFI folder. Also make sure to ERASE your old EFI folder before copying mine in. Otherwise it will only overwrite existing files and old drivers or kexts could be conflicting or problematic.

My new EFIs are set up for native NVRM. Check that you don't have an old nvram.plist in the root of your EFI folder. Also make sure to ERASE your old EFI folder before copying mine in. Otherwise it will only overwrite existing files and old drivers or kexts could be conflicting or problematic.

OK removed my folder, put your new one on EFI.

The machine is booting, things are ok, but the shutdown/restart are not working still from Finder (from terminal it works)

So this is what is odd: the NVRAM file doesn't exist on my EFI partition. I have rebooted a few times and it isn't there...is it possible that it is somewhere else? I hunted around and no luck finding it.

Is it possible it is on the UEFI partition somewhere and I should short reset and setup my BIOS again?

It may not be present at all. If it were, it would be outside the EFI folder on the EFI drive. Try to reset nvram from Clover before you boot.

If you upgraded the BIOS it is almost mandatory to do a CMOS reset. Wasted 2 days before I figured that one out.

It may not be present at all. If it were, it would be outside the EFI folder on the EFI drive. Try to reset nvram from Clover before you boot.

If you upgraded the BIOS it is almost mandatory to do a CMOS reset. Wasted 2 days before I figured that one out.
OK jumper rest BIOS, set it back up per your guide, and still, no NVRAM file appears and shutdown/restart from finder do not work.

I did F11 at the clover screen to reset NVRAM, nothing changed. How is this possible?

So a couple of ideas:

I had filed clover updates where I realized I was telling it to install on the system volume not EFI. I removed the EFI folder from the volume, but are there other things I need to yank from these aborted installs?

NVRAM is there because I can see values; not sure exactly how this works, but the values are coming from somewhere. Where else might they be?

I have a Vega 64 from Asus, could that thing be doing something odd here? Been on the hunt for any details but all the info is old. Seem in Catalina things are pretty ok with this card.

The only change I made to your config is to add the book flag to allow Netflix to work, but the shutdown/restart issue was there before.

Of note: sleep works fine. My 97 series old as dirt hacky shuts down, but resists sleep as all costs... so not used to it being the other way :)

Back