Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

Hi, @ModMike! How are you doing?
Me again. I got my hands on spare SSD : AData SP900 256GB.
I want to try your newest EFI. I am going to do it with copying this main SSD (Samsung 970 EVO) to the AData using this method (Carbon Copy Cloner):

I will update here when the process is completed / something terribly wrong happened.

Thanks.

I got a Vega 64 a week ago and while puttering around with Hackintool I noticed that I have a new audio controller. Do you need HDMI audio? If not, it may be a good idea to disable it. Not sure how, anyone have any ideas?

I also noticed screen shots are getting corrupted. Now act could be causing that I wonder?

View attachment 459436

Yes, that's my gut feeling. ApplegfxHDA and appleHDA didnt talk with each other correctly. But IDK how to fix it. So I just disable iGPU completely.

Try this:

H,i all. This is my first post here as I am totally new in Hackintosh. First of all I would like to thanks @ModMike for his guide. I followed it step by step and managed to run Catalina 10.15.4. on ROG STRIX z390-E with iGPU. It seems almost everything works fine beside wake from sleep and dual monitor booting. I can run 2 monitors if I plug the second one after boot. BIOS has been updated to the latest one, and BIOS settings are as @ModMike recommends. I think the problem is with iGPU Framebuffer settings. The panic after wake is :

panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff8000a16487): "AppleHDAHDMI_DPDriver::setPowerState(0xffffff804ef4a800 : 0xffffff7f820bc6f8, 0 -> 1) timed out after 10203 ms"@/AppleInternal/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/xnu/xnu-6153.101.6/iokit/Kernel/IOServicePM.cpp:5296

I am really fighting with it for 2 days and slowly start thinking about buying some RX 580, if its impossible, to have it running on iGPU. Please let know is it possible to have everything working in my setup.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17.2 MB · Views: 50
  1. Haven't tried sidecar but will tomorrow.
  2. Ever since I went to latest BIOS I am have the boot error, but only rarely. It does not affect functionality although I would love to resolve it.
  3. Not sure what to say, Running a Vega 64 and all good so far. Anything plugged in to USB when trying to sleep, like a device that is charging or requires power?
I have not updated the BIOS since October 2019, and until macOS 10.15.4 I had no problem resetting CMOS. The notification of such an error can be turned off in the settings of the motherboard, but I think that this is not the right way to solve the problem.

As for the computer getting out of sleep mode, it can sometimes occur 1–2 times per night, or it may not occur at all.
It's definitely not about USB. I tried to remove all devices from the ports, but this does not solve the problem. Disabling Bluetooth and Wi-Fi also does not help. I had such a problem, including on macOS 10.15.2, which is the first Apple OS with support for 5700 XT video cards.

H,i all. This is my first post here as I am totally new in Hackintosh. First of all I would like to thanks @ModMike for his guide. I followed it step by step and managed to run Catalina 10.15.4. on ROG STRIX z390-E with iGPU. It seems almost everything works fine beside wake from sleep and dual monitor booting. I can run 2 monitors if I plug the second one after boot. BIOS has been updated to the latest one, and BIOS settings are as @ModMike recommends. I think the problem is with iGPU Framebuffer settings. The panic after wake is :

panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff8000a16487): "AppleHDAHDMI_DPDriver::setPowerState(0xffffff804ef4a800 : 0xffffff7f820bc6f8, 0 -> 1) timed out after 10203 ms"@/AppleInternal/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/xnu/xnu-6153.101.6/iokit/Kernel/IOServicePM.cpp:5296

I am really fighting with it for 2 days and slowly start thinking about buying some RX 580, if its impossible, to have it running on iGPU. Please let know is it possible to have everything working in my setup.

I agree and am working on it now. Check @CaseySJ guide. I did this 18 months ago but need to re-learn it and reconfigure.

Now I am experiencing three problems.

1. The Sidecar function does not work for me. Shows a black screen on the iPad Pro.

2. After shutting down and rebooting, I often get a CMOS reset error on the motherboard (this is a common problem on macOS 10.15.4).

3. Sometimes my computer leaves sleep mode for 1-2 minutes, and then falls asleep (sometimes it does not fall asleep). I believe that the problem is in the 5700 XT graphics card, but I don’t know how to solve it.

Are you using multiple monitors and plugged into the motherboards HDMI port? @klard1219 what about you? The patching guide is clear:

The primary purpose of this Guide is to activate the on-board HDMI port on your motherboard with the intention of using that port to drive a single monitor. This guide does not recommend using a multi-monitor setup with the iGPU. Multi-monitor setups are best handled by discrete AMD graphics cards.

Are you using multiple monitors and plugged into the motherboards HDMI port? @klard1219 what about you? The patching guide is clear:

The primary purpose of this Guide is to activate the on-board HDMI port on your motherboard with the intention of using that port to drive a single monitor. This guide does not recommend using a multi-monitor setup with the iGPU. Multi-monitor setups are best handled by discrete AMD graphics cards.
I use only one monitor, it is connected via DisplayPort to the 5700 XT graphics card.

Hi @ModMike
Your DGPU-UFI can be used for 10.13.6 with GTX1070ti(web driver) on the same MB? (unfortunately, I can't change video card)
Maybe you can give me some advice? (except changing video card :D )
Thx

Hi @ModMike
Your DGPU-UFI can be used for 10.13.6 with GTX1070ti(web driver) on the same MB? (unfortunately, I can't change video card)
Maybe you can give me some advice? (except changing video card :D )
Thx

Sorry but I have no idea, never worked with those cards, only AMD.

No but this is probably ok:

View attachment 459593
I'm working on confirming ASUS Prime Z390-A or adding a Z390-I config this weekend.

Ok so that was a colossal waste of time. I should keep notes of what I did and was deprecated so I don't need to learn it all over again. Just went to the WEG GitHub and no patching is necessary if you are not using the onboard IGPU to drive a monitor, which is our case since we are running in headless mode.

I'm currently using a USB Audioengine D1 Dac would it be possible to enable controlling the volume with the keyboard? So far i can use it and hear the audio and all but i have control the volume manually.

Back