Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

Hi, by the way my first post for my first hackintosh, followed by this guide.

I took the Asus Z390-E Board instead. I was looking for an atx-form-factor and thought, the Asus Z390-I and Z390-E should be mostly the same, espacially with its wi-fi-module on board. I ordered a Broadcom BCM94352Z Card, which was labeled as hackintosh compatible, but now I have trouble getting wi-fi and bluetooh regognized by the board itself ( Bios, Windows and Ubuntu 18.04 cannot find a network or bluetooth module ).

The card fits perfectly into the board, and it is nearly the same as in the pictures in the main post. Is it a problem with NGFF on CNVI interface as the seller mentioned? Should an original Dell card fix it or is the Z390-E too different to a Z390-I? And where do I get those? My second option is a pci-e wi-fi card, but I won't believe, that the internal wi-fi-module can only work with Intel modules. Do You know something about this problem and how its gonna be fixed?
I'm no expert but I have used a real Dell 1560 many times with great success both in several laptops and desktops as well. If no operating system is finding even wifi then maybe the card itself is bad or it isn't seated properly (I assume you hooked up the antenna connections). I bought my last DW 1560 from Ebay and it was about $50.
I have to say the Pcie option using a genuine airport card and adapter is a good one, I do that on my main machine, no drivers needed and works out of the box.

For better understanding. The whole wifi card couldnt get regognized, when I connected the two antennas the wrong way?
It would still show as a device, in any of the operating systems, with or without the antennas.

Thanks, after a month of trying other methods this is the best!
Works!

Hello! Thanks so much for this guide. I followed it specifically and got to the point of install, where it keeps getting hung up on a black screen. Now, it won't even see the clover boot menu. The only difference in my rig is it is the Asus Z390-A Prime board and an i5-9600k chip, with the same RX-580 Sapphire GFX card. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Yes, same board, same CPU. Do you downloaded the Catalina installer? Because that was my little panic on install. Mount EFI from USB stick and copy paste the EFI folder from CAT-DGPU-EFI.zip

@ModMike - This noob thanks ya! Your guide was the one that got me 10.14.5 and running. Was pulling my hair out following pastrychef's and Hackintoshers guides to the letter but this one did the trick. Pretty sure it was how you had configured your config.plist file from CC and the correct patching applied. Here's my info for those who have similar builds:

CPU - Intel i9-9900k
CPU Cooler - bequiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Mobo - ASUS ROG Z390-E Strix Gaming
GPU - XFX Radeon VII
m.2 - Samsung 970 1TB (work drive)
m.2 - Samsung 970 500GB (OS)
SSD - Samsung 860 1TB (scratch)
PSU - EVGA 1000W

Used Terminal to make the Mojave image, downloaded Clover Configurator to mount the image's EFI then used your guide's Mojave EFI to get it working. While the install proved successful I did/do have a few glitches, a few of which I am still working out:
  • Every time I rebooted I got GPT header corruption error. After looking at this guide I switched my Boot Record Recovery Policy to "Auto Recovery". Though it worked, and I know not to look a gift horse in the mouth, this felt like a band-aid solution?
  • I am getting 4K and HD resolutions out of my GPU okay but locked @ 30hz thru HDMI. I thought initially it was a cable problem but after hotswapping out that 1.4 cord with a functioning HDMI 2.0 cable while my Hackintosh was running, my monitor now gives me a no signal message. What's even weirder is if I boot with the HDMI 2.0 cord plugged from the get-go it will display 4k @ 60hz, BUT as soon as it falls asleep and I wake it back up I'm back to my monitor giving me no signal, and at that point I revert back to my 1.4 cable and continue working at 30hz. This may be a moot issue as I plan on using DisplayPort cords soon but in the case this problem arises again, would this have to do with them framebuffer patches? Something Hackintool could potentially fix?
  • HWMonitorSMC2 has been installed but will not read temps nor fan speeds, only RAM and storage usage. The README included with the download includes a link that would reveal a fix on how to get those aspects working but the link is broken (404 error). Off to do a little google-fu!
  • Going to order similar wi-fi/bluetooth cards, but for now I'm sticking with ethernet.
Any thoughts on how to fix above? TIA!

sr

Yes, same board, same CPU. Do you downloaded the Catalina installer? Because that was my little panic on install. Mount EFI from USB stick and copy paste the EFI folder from CAT-DGPU-EFI.zip
So far, I've just been using the Mojave installer... I'll try Catalina and see if that works out better.

Don’t give up on your Broadcom card just yet.

If you don’t see it in your USB devices it usually just means you have to work out your USB configuration.

Make sure Bluetooth and WiFi are enabled in bios.

Use the excellent hackintool to view your usb devices. Use the help menu from within that tool toproceed mapping your ports.

Hello! Thanks so much for this guide. I followed it specifically and got to the point of install, where it keeps getting hung up on a black screen. Now, it won't even see the clover boot menu. The only difference in my rig is it is the Asus Z390-A Prime board and an i5-9600k chip, with the same RX-580 Sapphire GFX card. Any ideas?

Add “-v” to your boot args so we can take a guess as to what is happening behind that black screen.

Back