Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

Hi guys...

I've just connected my WiFi/Bluetooth card (link). The wifi works properly. Bluetooth not the same, I can see the icon but it does not find devices (ignore AirPods, they have been found via old dongle). What can I try?

Thanks

Attachments

• Schermata 2019-12-19 alle 01.57.50.png
    Schermata 2019-12-19 alle 01.57.50.png
    893.4 KB · Views: 75
Hi guys...

I've just connected my WiFi/Bluetooth card (link). The wifi works properly. Bluetooth not the same, I can see the icon but it does not find devices (ignore AirPods, they have been found via old dongle). What can I try?

Thanks
Sorry!!! I forgot to attach my antenna. Now airdrops works... I'm trying with continuity... handoff ecc..... At the moment it does not work.

Sorry!!! I forgot to attach my antenna. Now airdrops works... I'm trying with continuity... handoff ecc..... At the moment it does not work.
Just to recap:

- Airdrop OK
- Apple Watch unlock OK
- Bluetooth audio KO
- Continuity and Handoff KO

Last edited:
Just to recap:

- Airdrop OK
- Apple Watch unlock OK
- Bluetooth audio KO
- Continuity and Handoff KO
Search this thread for Bluetooth issues, lots of folks have had them and got em sorted out.

Search this thread for Bluetooth issues, lots of folks have had them and got em sorted out.
I'm reading all posts but at the moment I did not find anything...

I'm reading all posts but at the moment I did not find anything...
Sorry... my mistake... at the moment the audio via AirPods works. Now I have only this issues:

- Handoff
- Continuity Camera
- Universal Clipboard

EDIT: 3 logins and then logout from iCloud. I waited 10 minutes, and now Handoff and Universal Clipboard are OK. I receive a timeout message only for continuity camera.... but I will survive!

So finally everything seems to be working fine after multiple installs and almost giving up I changed the BIOS and it has been working fine so far. Only difference in build is the i7-9700K and gigabyte RX 5700 XT running Catalina 10.15.2.

Mike,

I'm starting my first Hackintosh using your build as a guide. I appreciate all the detail you've put into this. I've gone with an 8-core i7, and only one SSD to start with, but I've stuck to your parts list pretty closely otherwise. I'll let you know how it comes together.

@ModMike I went for the Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz Eight-Core LGA 1151 instead of the six-core version used in your build. I'm using 16GB of the same RAM in your build. Am I likely going to need to change anything to get it working? Motherboard isn't here yet, so I'm reading up. :)

Hi!
A big thank you for your instructions!
Successfully installed Mojave 10.14.6 using your DGPU-EFI on the following hardware:

• ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING
  • XFX Radeon RX 580 8GB
  • Intel Core i7 8700K
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 32GB 3000Mhz
  • Kingston 480GB SSD
One small issue I have is that I can't seem to get the BIOS to save the setting to automatically boot from the SSD disk.
When rebooting I end up in the BIOS setup and need to got to the BOOT page and set the SSD as Option 1, then open another BIOS page and then back to BOOT page where I now see the SSD in the "Override boot" section. When I click on the SSD in the override section it boots Mojave normally.
Not a big issue but would be nice to get it to boot automatically.

Anyone know how to solve it?
BIOS version: American Megatrends v. 2.20.1271

(Picture of same BIOS (not mine))
1577009236214.png

Thanks again for sharing your knowledge!

/Q

Back