Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

If it will not be difficult for you, please show which BIOS settings you use in the “Ai Tweaker” section.

191025234131.jpg

You can take a screenshot by pressing F12 with a USB flash drive connected.

I managed to make sure that the processor in AIDA and other stress tests always worked to its fullest. To do this, I needed to switch “ASUS MultiCore Enhancement” from “Auto” to “Enabled” and set a fixed voltage of 1.300v for the processor. However, I do not think this is a good idea.

I didn’t have to make such settings on my ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX / ac motherboard, that is, in stress tests the processor always worked at the peak of its capabilities at temperatures up to 95 degrees.

If it will not be difficult for you, please show which BIOS settings you use in the “Ai Tweaker” section.

View attachment 432661

You can take a screenshot by pressing F12 with a USB flash drive connected.

I managed to make sure that the processor in AIDA and other stress tests always worked to its fullest. To do this, I needed to switch “ASUS MultiCore Enhancement” from “Auto” to “Enabled” and set a fixed voltage of 1.300v for the processor. However, I do not think this is a good idea.

I didn’t have to make such settings on my ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX / ac motherboard, that is, in stress tests the processor always worked at the peak of its capabilities at temperatures up to 95 degrees.

My screenshots won't help you. My i9-9900K is in a Gigabyte motherboard and my Asus is a Z370 motherboard and has an i5-9400F.

If you are enabling Asus MultiCore Enhancement, you are essentially using the Asus factory overclock. It's a slight but noticeable overclock. I don't remember how much of an overclock they do...

95C at full load with a slight overclock with such a small heatsink sounds about right. TJMax is 100C. The i9-9900K is a pretty hot CPU. If you want it to run cooler, you may have to try undervolting.

My screenshots won't help you. My i9-9900K is in a Gigabyte motherboard and my Asus is a Z370 motherboard and has an i5-9400F.

If you are enabling Asus MultiCore Enhancement, you are essentially using the Asus factory overclock. It's a slight but noticeable overclock. I don't remember how much of an overclock they do...

95C at full load with a slight overclock with such a small heatsink sounds about right. TJMax is 100C. The i9-9900K is a pretty hot CPU. If you want it to run cooler, you may have to try undervolting.
It's just that on the Asrock z390 motherboard, everything worked automatically at maximum power, but here everything is automatically bad)

It's just that on the Asrock z390 motherboard, everything worked automatically at maximum power, but here everything is automatically bad)

Every motherboard is different...

I needed considerably more voltage on my Asus Z370 to reach 5GHz on my i9-9900K than my Gigabyte Z390. The same amount of voltage on the Gigabyte allows me to boot at 5.2GHz (albeit not 100% stable).

You have to make sure your CPU and VRM are cool enough that they don't throttle. You can also try undervolting to try to keep heat down to prevent throttling.

Every motherboard is different...

I needed considerably more voltage on my Asus Z370 to reach 5GHz on my i9-9900K than my Gigabyte Z390. The same amount of voltage on the Gigabyte allows me to boot at 5.2GHz (albeit not 100% stable).

You have to make sure your CPU and VRM are cool enough that they don't throttle. You can also try undervolting to try to keep heat down to prevent throttling.
I am going to set the adaptive voltage and set the fixed for turbo mode. Maybe this will solve my problem

How can I find out the VRM temperature on an Asus Z390-I Gaming motherboard? I need this parameter to make sure that my system works correctly. In addition, I want to conduct an experiment with the cover removed for Wi-Fi / Bluetooth.

Installing bcM943602CS with riser.
I made custom panel for antenna because don't like default:

IMG_20191026_221526.jpg

IMG_20191026_212141.jpg

I tried various BIOS settings, but that didn't help me. I updated the BIOS to the latest version from the ASUS website and reset CMOS.

When I run some kind of stress test, for the first 10 seconds (approximately) my processor runs at a maximum frequency of 4.5 to 5 GHz, gradually warming up. Then, for no reason at all, the temperature immediately drops to 65 degrees and keeps at 59 - 70 degrees, and the frequency does not rise more than 4.15 GHz.
My system works at 5.2GHz All core in stress test all time. :)
Temperature stabilizes at 70 degrees after 30 minutes,

If you are really think that your cooling system is OK, you cat set AVX offset in BIOS to 1. (It's 6 in auto mode.)
This will increase the maximum frequency in stress tests by 5x300MHz, but beware of overheating!

My system works at 5.2GHz All core in stress test all time. :)
Temperature stabilizes at 70 degrees after 30 minutes,

If you are really think that your cooling system is OK, you cat set AVX offset in BIOS to 1. (It's 6 in auto mode.)
This will increase the maximum frequency in stress tests by 5x300MHz, but beware of overheating!

Does the AVX offset work correctly for you in macOS? When I tried, the CPU just ran at the offset speed all the time when in macOS. For example, if I set CPU to 5GHz with offset of 3, the CPU would only ever run at 4.7GHz in macOS.

Does the AVX offset work correctly for you in macOS? When I tried, the CPU just ran at the offset speed all the time when in macOS. For example, if I set CPU to 5GHz with offset of 3, the CPU would only ever run at 4.7GHz in macOS.
In my experience it does not work at all in macOS... :)
I'm always setup it manually.

With this new ASUS motherboard some magic happens. I activate "Al overclocking", and my system automatically OC to 5.2GHz, all core, AVX offset=0.
With the Asrochk motherboard, I only managed to overclock the processor to 5 GHz, all core.

Back