Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

I pulled the trigger and went with the BCM94360CS2 and no heatsink. So far, no issues. I have not installed any replacement heatsinks to date and have noticed no issues, which does support the theory that the heatsink is mostly for gaming aesthetics.

The BCM94360CS2 runs circles around the DW1560 in terms of overall support and performance. Auto Unlock now works flawlessly, AirDrop runs much faster with larger files, and Continuity is much snappier and more accurate than before.

If I notice heat issues with the VRMs, I'll definitely just install smaller individual heatsinks on them just for peace of mind. Until then, I can't really complain about performance under load.

I pulled the trigger and went with the BCM94360CS2 and no heatsink. So far, no issues. I have not installed any replacement heatsinks to date and have noticed no issues, which does support the theory that the heatsink is mostly for gaming aesthetics.

The BCM94360CS2 runs circles around the DW1560 in terms of overall support and performance. Auto Unlock now works flawlessly, AirDrop runs much faster with larger files, and Continuity is much snappier and more accurate than before.

If I notice heat issues with the VRMs, I'll definitely just install smaller individual heatsinks on them just for peace of mind. Until then, I can't really complain about performance under load.

Could you please post a picture?

Thanks for sharing this - very good to know.

I'm curious: did you notice how the Wi-Fi signal of the BCM94360CS2 compares with the DW1560?

I picked up a Dell DW1560 for fairly cheap, but I'm a bit disappointed with the Wi-Fi signal. I'm running a triple boot system (Linux, Windows, and macOS), and the wireless signal of the DW1560 is noticeably worse than that of the original Intel 9560 in Windows and Linux. I had 3-4 bars with the 9560 and now I'm consistently at 2.

If the signal is better with the BCM94360CS2, I might be tempted to switch.

I'm curious: did you notice how the Wi-Fi signal of the BCM94360CS2 compares with the DW1560?

I picked up a Dell DW1560 for fairly cheap, but I'm a bit disappointed with the Wi-Fi signal. I'm running a triple boot system (Linux, Windows, and macOS), and the wireless signal of the DW1560 is noticeably worse than that of the original Intel 9560 in Windows and Linux. I had 3-4 bars with the 9560 and now I'm consistently at 2.

A different antenna or antenna location might help. I tried connecting Wifi without it once, no go.

A different antenna or antenna location might help. I tried connecting Wifi without it once, no go.

I have the stock antenna hooked up. Without it I get no Wi-Fi or Bluetooth signal. Double checked the cable connections on the card too - they’re good.

I can only get so close to the wireless router in my shared apartment, so I’m curious whether the BCM94360CS2 gets a better signal.

I using the guide and everything works

Screen Shot 2019-07-28 at 12.55.03.png

Hi guys,
My BT stop working after "long sleep". For instance my Magic Keyboard stops working after long sleep: it seems to be still connected (displayed like that), but, if I disconnect/reconnect, it stays connected only few seconds before disconnected. Clearly there is something wrong. To fix the issue I have to reboot... not very friendly.
I made research and it seems I have to rebuild the SSD as we use USBinjectAll (the card is not PCI ??). Do you confirm ?

My BT stop working after "long sleep". For instance my Magic Keyboard stops working after long sleep: it seems to be still connected (displayed like that), but, if I disconnect/reconnect, it stays connected only few seconds before disconnected. Clearly there is something wrong. To fix the issue I have to reboot... not very friendly.

Judging by your post history, you have the DW1560 correct? I have a similar issue with my Bluetooth mouse when it goes to sleep (e.g. when watching a movie). I usually have to forget the device in System Preferences, reset the device, and re-pair it. Don't usually have to reboot.

I stumbled upon a thread that said turning off Handoff in System Preferences -> General worked, but it had no effect for me.

I'm still digging into why - I'll update you if I find anything.

There is definitely an improvement in the signal strength. This not only meant better range and speeds but also more networks detected in general (even ones outside my house). AC WiFi speeds in particular are also noticeably faster because of the improved reception. Do bear in mind that I use a third-party external antenna for better reception overall as I have lot of metal on my desk, so YMMV.

@phrfpeixoto, unfortunately I can't upload a photo of my build anytime soon as that will require a lengthy disassembly of the AIO. It is, however, very similar to this implementation by pastrychef.

Back