Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

I've just disconnected the usb from my keyboard and its connected itself over bluetooth, so the connection works, its just not searching for any devices in the bluetooth menu such as my mouse and speakers

So you can type and the keyboard works properly? Be sure because they typically look like they're connecting but they don't really.

yep im typing this on it now, and both mouse and keyboard are connected in the bluetooth menu

Is it possible your speakers are still paired with another device? I can't pair mine with 2 devices. Did you reset your speakers and put them in pairing mode? If the keyboard and mouse work, then you are home free. Not much more I can do.

When did your keyboard pair properly? Just now or before that?

Should be detected as I can connect multiple. It doesn't matter tho because I can connect with aux. I doubt I will use anything else Bluetooth apart from keyboard and mouse so it should be fine. Cheers for your help, Mike.

Should be detected as I can connect multiple. It doesn't matter tho because I can connect with aux. I doubt I will use anything else Bluetooth apart from keyboard and mouse so it should be fine. Cheers for your help, Mike.

Do you mind posting another system report? I want to check the firmware version again, thanks!

@taylud I also got one from Amazon. Mine didn't say the seller was Dell so I was really worried.

But.... it looks like I spoke too soon. Bluetooth doesn't work properly. I'm having exactly the same problems @taylud is having. I didn't notice it yesterday because I saw the Bluetooth icon. When I connected my Apple keyboard via cable, it showed up immediately in the paired devices list. I guess I was too excited to try everything else. I didn't realize I never tried disconnecting it. But, when I did this morning, it doesn't pair wireless. Can't believe I missed that yesterday.

I tried Bluetooth speakers, several Bluetooth mice (a Logitech and 2 Apple Magic mice) and some headphones, and they don't even show up.

I've tried all of the steps mentioned from post #1,141 onwards.
At the moment I have BrcmFirmwareData.kext and BrcmPathRAM2.kext inside L/E. Permissions repaired, rebooted.
I've tried adding them to Other as well but same problem. Am I missing something? What were the final steps that worked for @taylud?

Hey @ModMike! Here are the files. You'll see that I put back BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext inside Other in this bootlog but I also tried without it and had the same result. Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• SystemReport.png
    SystemReport.png
    44.1 KB · Views: 53
  • bootlog.txt
    27.2 KB · Views: 67
  • L_E.png
    L_E.png
    54.6 KB · Views: 58
  • Other.png
    Other.png
    42.4 KB · Views: 54
Hey @ModMike! Here are the files. You'll see that I put back BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext inside Other in this bootlog but I also tried without it and had the same result. Thank you for your help.

BlueToothInjector was a mistake on my part and has been removed from the EFI that I updated last night. Please download that one and use it, then resend the reports. When sending screen shots of your directory contents can you please put them in list mode? I am so used to looking at them that way. Thanks!

Back