Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

yo bro, thanks for your contribution!

I successfully installed 10.4.4 on a new NVME SSD. I simply copied and paste your IGPU EFI foler to my EFI folder and it worked fine. however I got system bois reset at every reboot. not sure what did I miss. can you please help. my BOIS version is 1220 and I use internal GPU UHD 630 only.

Can you please update your profile? Thanks!

I can confirm that the rebooting post screen error seems to be fixed, thanks Mike! I'm back on iStat menus. All seems to be working OK, thanks!

I just wrote out all the steps and it didn't save. Here we go again.

? is where I am not sure I remembered correctly:
  1. Remove the 6? screws holding the large rear metal heat shield
  2. Remove the 2? rear screws holding the IO shield to the motherboard
  3. Using a flat blade or suitable implement, remove the spring clips holding the IO shield to the 2 outside ports. All you need to do is slide the internal tab forward, it will not bend
  4. Disengage clips from the heat shield and remove it
  5. ? remove the screw holding the IO shielded wifi card to the board. Be careful not to lift the module too much, the antennas are internally connected.
  6. Remove the module side screw that secures the front half of the RF shield
  7. Loosen, remove, or cut the rear sticker and fully remove the front half of the shield
  8. Using a spudger or suitable flat-bladed object, pop off the antenna connectors and note where they went
  9. Fully remove the module and swap the cards
  10. Reverse the process, being VERY careful to properly connect the antennas. The connectors should click in place. It's a bit tricky for some people so be patient and do not crush them.
It would be great if you could validate the steps and take pictures to include in the guide.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

1) Confirm - But 4+2+1 (also the screw afterwards inside the housing for the Wifi Module) screws all together with the wifi module's mobo and it's side screw.
2) I did not remove the black 2 side-mounted screws holding the big heatsink itself together (there is no need for that - at least not in my case).
3) Confirm (I used I fix-it pry tool - the blueish thingie :D )
4) Confirm
5) If you are careful enough and the double-sided thick tape is good inside the Wifi modules housing, You can just gently wiggle and lift it up without a problem (although caution is advised as @ModMike says).
6) Confirm
7) I did not cut the housing sticker (just wiggle a tiny tiny bit and feel how it loosens).
8) Confirm. I used fix-it pry tool - the blueish thingie :D And additionally I marked my right side wire with painters tape.
9) Confirm. NB! Before switching out the cards note how low the old modules pluggable side is! So later when you have switched the modules, the new one seats properly! I added specific few pics for that!
10) As long as you have good lighting (and additionally a Magnifier with a light) and calm hands, You will succeed with the wire reseating!

*** Just take your time and don't plan on doing nothing else for a few hours so it can be a success!
Because you have to disconnect everything besides your front mounted NVM PCIe SSD, to get your mobo out!
And afterwards put everything together again (including cleaning your CPU and Cooler and reapply thermal paste and etc).

Attachments

• 0 bytes · Views: 25
  • 0 bytes · Views: 27
  • 0 bytes · Views: 28
  • 0 bytes · Views: 26
  • 0 bytes · Views: 21
  • 0 bytes · Views: 22
  • 0 bytes · Views: 20
  • 0 bytes · Views: 24
  • 0 bytes · Views: 19
  • 0 bytes · Views: 18
  • 0 bytes · Views: 28
  • 0 bytes · Views: 23
Absolutely awesome!!!! Thank you for taking all those pics, I hope it didn’t slow you down too much.

You forgot the most important thing, did Bluetooth and Continuity work?

Have to do a clean install. And I would like to do Mojave 14.4.4 clean install. And see if everything works.

Back