Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

DW1560 installation guide

What you will need:
  1. An original Dell DW1560. Make sure you get the board from a trusted source, there are several reports that those not sourced from Dell or a trusted vendor of used Dell parts do not work!
  2. A small Phillips (star) screwdriver
  3. A plastic pry tool like a guitar pick or the ones used to open iPhones. A sharpened popsicle stick can also work in a pinch. Try to avoid using a metal bladed screwdriver to avoid mechanical damage
Procedure:
  1. Remove the 4 black screws under the motherboard that secure the large rear grey metal heat sink. Remove the heat sink and put aside

2. Remove the 2 silver screws under the motherboard that secure the WiFi module
  3. Use your pry tool to remove the spring clips holding the IO shield to the 2 outside ports by sliding the internal tab towards the front of the board. Don’t worry, it has a hinge and will not bend

4. Disengage the clips from the heat shield and remove it
  5. Remove the module by carefully pulling it up and out of its M.2 CNVi connector

6. Remove the module side screw that secures the front half of the RF shield

7. Slide the front cover up and completely remove it, you may need to detach the rear sticker a little

8. Use your pry tool to pop off the antenna connectors. Mark the rear wire with a piece of tape to remember where it goes

9. Remove the old module being careful not to tear the small sponge spacer
  10. Move the sponge spacer to the new card and place in RF shield
  11. Carefully connect the antennas. The connectors are very finicky so make sure they click in place, being careful not to crush them by applying to much pressure. When they click in place, use your pry tool to push them in to make sure they are fully seated
  12. Repeat the process in reverse to assemble.

Last edited:
:headbang:
That‘s what I need!! Plan to buy ASUS Z390I, i5-9600,RX 580 8GB, DW1560... place order later, hope can test 10.14.4 installation using your guide on next weekend

Welcome to the thread, let us know how it works out!

Thread subscribers:

I just update the EFIs. Nothing major but moved to VirtualSMC instead of FakeSMC. Although there is nothing wrong with FakeSMC, the sensors support seems to have faded. Everything is in the download as usual.

I also attached HWMonitorSMC2 V2.42 to use with it. iStat works also.

You will also need to install Intel power gadgets

@Monkey303 use the DGPU-EFI with your system, it will hopefully fix the GPU monitoring.

If you had previous versions of HWMonitor, please uninstall completely.

Updated EFI, and hwmonitor, I now have a GPU section but it only shows the iGPU and there's no info other than 0.00w.

Can i go back to istat then?

Updated EFI, and hwmonitor, I now have a GPU section but it only shows the iGPU and there's no info other than 0.00w.

Can i go back to istat then?

Absolutely, I just wanted you to go with a known quantity. You can also run both but there is definitely something not right with the GPU.

As I rebooted, it gave me another post error screen, so I have cleared cmos again and re-entered the BIOS settings. Hackintool looking better, but no GPU info in hwmonitor.

According to a post Clover 4911 fixes the issue. Clover Configurator confirms the version is available but unfortunately, it looks like it was pulled at the last second because I can't find it anywhere. There is also no trace of it on their SourceForge page.

According to a post Clover 4911 fixes the issue. Clover Configurator confirms the version is available but unfortunately, it looks like it was pulled at the last second because I can't find it anywhere. There is also no trace of it on their SourceForge page.
I am seeing the post error every time I reboot now.

Hey there! Updates from my built.

So, I already tried this guide, using your iGPU EFI folder. it works! ee..sort of working, I mean..

1. My USB not all my USB port are working, just the USB 3.1 gen 2 ports. Anybody know how to fix it?
2. My audio didn't work.
3. So, if somehow somewhat Radeon VII can work at Mojave, do I just replace the EFI folder with the dGPU ones?

Anyway, thx for the guides. I really appreciated it.

View attachment 393662

OSX 10.14.5 public Beta was released and apparently, the Radeon VII works perfectly. I'm not sure if there will be a supplemental update but doubt it. If the beta runs fine for you, then you are all set. I wonder if there is a way to extract the kext from the public beta and use it in 10.14.4?

yo bro, thanks for your contribution!

I successfully installed 10.4.4 on a new NVME SSD. I simply copied and paste your IGPU EFI foler to my EFI folder and it worked fine. however I got system bois reset at every reboot. not sure what did I miss. can you please help. my BOIS version is 1220 and I use internal GPU UHD 630 only.

yo bro, thanks for your contribution!

I successfully installed 10.4.4 on a new NVME SSD. I simply copied and paste your IGPU EFI foler to my EFI folder and it worked fine. however I got system bois reset at every reboot. not sure what did I miss. can you please help. my BOIS version is 1220 and I use internal GPU UHD 630 only.

Welcome to the thread and thank you for checking in. This issue is resolved in Clover 4911, which has mysteriously gone MIA. I will repost as soon as I get my fat little fingers on it.

Back