Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

Oh really? When I connected my Logitech Wireless Receiver to the top 2.0 port (in the row of four), it showed up as HS05 as per the diagram. The bluetooth port was HS14 for me

No, not really, I made a mistake, never work from memory. Sorry!

Things that make you go hmmmmmm.....Port Limit Patch

How much heresy can I commit in one thread?

@saik13 I am very busy today, do you want to have a go? If not, I will do it tonight.

Some people say there might be memory error by allowing port number to go above 15. That is not true because AppleUSBXHCI actually read hardware registers to allocate memory, for example activeDeviceSet is constructed from Max Device Slots value in HCSPARAMS1. Port limit checks can be safely removed. People might wonder why the first place to limit ports is in AppleUSBXHCI not AppleUSBXHCIPCI. Well, AppleUSBXHCIPCI constructs ports property and calls super class (AppleUSBXHCI) method to enumerate ports. If ports property is defined, only ports listed will be constructed. If no such property exists, AppleUSBXHCI goes through all capabilities defined in the controller. That means by deleting all ACPI USB port definitions, all ports will be enumerated!

Things that make you go hmmmmmm.....Port Limit Patch

How much heresy can I commit in one thread?

@saik13 I am very busy today, do you want to have a go? If not I will do it tonight.

It's night here already, but I'll at least give it a read through if I don't get around to trying it out.

Morning here but I really have to work. Hopefully, I'll have some news when you wake up. Ciao for now!

It was actually super simple. Looking promising so far!

I couldn't resist either. Can you post your SSDT? I will test for a few days and add it to the EFI.
You added the com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI twice

I actually removed the SSDT altogether after applying these patches.

com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI is in there twice, but has different values
(Find 83FB0F0F 838F0400 00 vs 000083FB 0F0F838F 040000)

I actually removed the SSDT altogether after applying these patches.

com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI is in there twice, but has different values
(83FB0F0F 838F0400 00 vs 000083FB 0F0F838F 040000)

I was just about to erase my stupid comment when I realized that!

I was just about to erase my stupid comment when I realized that!

I almost didn't add it in myself because I thought it was a duplicate.. lol!

Back