Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

I will have to sacrifice a port to get USB-C to work at 3.1 speeds because of the 15 logical port limit.

I could make it exclusively 3.1 but then it’s not backward compatible.

I could patch it to remove the limit but then we could have an issue with backward compatibility. There is no good option.

@pastrychef Any advice?

That's a choice that each user will have to decide for themselves. I think that most people don't have any true USB 3.1 gen 2 devices and just need an active Type C port for USB 3.1 gen 1 devices. But that may change in the future...

@ModMike Happy Bday!
I'm currently booted into the most recent version of your EFI.

Bluetooth: wasn't working in a previous version, but is fully functional with the new EFI
Sleep: able to manually enter sleep, and no monitor issues upon wake (have since changed monitor settings from HDMI 2.0 to HDMI 1.4)
Audio: fully functional!! Able to connect my speakers to the green rear port with 'Internal Speakers' selected, and also able to connect my mic to the front input
USB C: only able to get USB 2.0 speeds out of the rear USB C port (my case has no front Type C). The rest of the 3.0 ports seem to be working at USB 3.0 speeds

Thanks for all your hard work into this guide! :clap:

Installed without ghostbusters sign this time.

Audio seemed to have the same issue with My headphones with out of the box layout nr 1.
(Will trie the HDA Reset method when I get home)

General snappiness seemed ok.

Will test other stuff in the evening after work.

What are the things to test out? (Besides Descrete graphics and Wifi+bluetooth which I don't have yet, ordered wifi+bluetooth hough ;)

Today I'll probably get my Craft Keyboard and an USB-C flash drive to test as well (any advice how to test it?)

That audio issue really bothers me. We have audio layout 1 confirmed working on 1 other machine now, what could different about your setup?

Congrats on the Craft! Did you get a deal?

I've had a go at creating my own SSDT, this is what I've managed so far. The ones in red are the ones I have disabled.

HS09, HS10, SS09, and SS10 are my two front panel ports
H100i = my AIO
AURA I assume is RGB control for the Z390, something I probably wouldn't touch
Though having disabled these ports, they still light up hahah

The devices I've used to test are:
Classic Apple Keyboard (came with Power Mac G5, with two USB 2.0 ports on the back)
Logitech Wireless Receiver
SanDisk Ultra Fit (USB 3.0)
Samsung T3 SSD (USB 3.1 Gen 1)
HyperDrive USB-C Hub

I do seem to have only semi functional bluetooth after applying this SSDT.. I'm still able to AirDrop and access the bluetooth menu, however my Magic Trackpad 2 is no longer working over bluetooth despite showing "Connected" on the top bar and in System Preferences

Edit: Here's the speeds from the Samsung T3 connected to the Type-C port

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC.aml
    699 bytes · Views: 69
Hello and thank you for this guide, i tried to use it on a ASUS Z390-E Gaming with no success, i can't manage to have it booted with the EFI folders you provide (IGPU o DGPU).

I installed Mojave on a MSI B250 and then moved the M.2 drive to the Z390, it boot up but the wifi is not recognized and the BTis recognized but can't discover any device nor been discovered.

Also graphics with IGPU works on 4k@30Hz and i can select the "night shift", if i install the RX 580 i have blank screen until the it boot to the login screen (i think it is because of the GPU BIOS), then i get a 4k@24Hz and can't modify it....no "night shift" but the biggest problem is that the "graphic smoothness" is not even comparable to a REAL Mac with a simple Intel HD.Same color profile, same "dar mode" but the viewing is not the same, with the Hackintosh is more like "windows"....

Anyone know how to fix this ATI / IntelHD issue?!

Appreciate!

Thanks

Please update your profile with the proper video card. If you have multiple builds, please list the one in question in your signature. I have no idea how to help you with an MSI Z390 or 1080TI.

The best I can suggest is that you set up your BIOS as per the guide, plug in your RX580 (what brand??) as per the guide, and do a clean install. You cannot set up a disk on another computer and bring it over because you will probably get conflicting kexts.

Your Bluetooth issue is typical of incompatible cards. You will see it, but you will never connect.

View attachment 394060

I've had a go at creating my own SSDT, this is what I've managed so far. The ones in red are the ones I have disabled.

H100i = my AIO

Classic Apple Keyboard (came with Power Mac G5, with two USB 2.0 ports on the back)
HyperDrive USB-C Hub

I do seem to have only semi functional bluetooth after applying this SSDT.. I'm still able to AirDrop and access the bluetooth menu, however my Magic Trackpad 2 is no longer working over bluetooth despite showing "Connected" on the top bar and in System Preferences

View attachment 394061

Great work by the way!

Edit: OOPS! You had it right!

Last edited:
View attachment 394060

H100i = my AIO

HyperDrive USB-C Hub

View attachment 394061

Scratch that, I did a reboot (why not) and now the Trackpad is working! :D

If anyone else wants to give it a try with a 3.1 Gen 2 device, would be interested to see if that works too.

There is an internal port HS05 that is dedicated to Bluetooth and you assigned it to a port. Start from my my SSDT.

Great work by the way!

Oh really? When I connected my Logitech Wireless Receiver to the top 2.0 port (in the row of four), it showed up as HS05 as per the diagram. The bluetooth port was HS14 for me

That audio issue really bothers me. We have audio layout 1 confirmed working on 1 other machine now, what could different about your setup?

Congrats on the Craft! Did you get a deal?
I was lucky to even get one of those keyboards
€145,84.- + Estonian VAT

As for my BIOS settings.
Will take some pics after work.

Back