Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

I have two EFI's configs, that I can't configure for myself. In first config "bluetooth-not-work-EFI.zip" everything works, but Bluetooth - is not. In second EFI "not-all-USB-port-mapped-EFI.zip" everything works, except few USB ports. I don't understand, how fix that issue, i'm trying move USBPorts.kext from working EFI to another, and try move Bluetooth setting from "not-all-USB-port-mapped-EFI.zip" to "bluetooth-not-work-EFI.zip" - nothing happend.
PLEASE HELP ME!
Attach your EFI, if you have ASUS ROG Strix Z390-I Gaming Mini-ITX and Dell DW1560 like @ModMike have. I'll be very grateful!!!
I had a chance to look at both your EFI folders and I think this is your best choice to start with: https://www.tonymacx86.com/attachments/not-all-usb-port-mapped-efi-zip.533268/
You ask about your USB port mapping and by using a plist editor I see you have ports HS05 through HS10 mapped as USB 2 (connector type is set as 0) which is wrong. This board only has 4 USB 2 ports and two are on an internal header you probably aren't using. I've attached a screen shot of the USB ports on the board from the manual to help you identify which port is which. The two black ports on the back are USB2, the 2 Blue Ports are USB3 as are the two red ports (connector type 3). The USB C port on the back is connector type 10 and bluetooth and the Aura LED Controller are internal ports to map as type 255.

Z390 i USB Ports.png

If you compare your USBPorts.kext to ModMikes USPMap.kext you also seem to have bluetooth mapped incorrectly (bluetooth requires proper USB port configuration). Maybe try his or use it as a comparison for how his port types are identified and mapped. If you are going to remap ports I recommend using CorpNewts USB Mapping tool. instead of Hackintool which only works well with the XHCIPortLimit quirk that stopped working after Big Sur 11.3

Attachments

• USBMap.kext.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
ok I will try your EFI as I have the same wifi/BT card

update: I tried your EFI and nothing is working :
wifi not working at all
BT not working at all
most of USB port are not working

I m really sceptical about how this EFI could work for you for BT and wifi
His USB ports are set up all wrong....

FYI the issue I raised is described by 2 others people here on GitHub :
so it is a bug which will be fix soon I guess

it will remain the other one: the performance of my RX 580 drop to about 30% (on Geekbench 5 for instance but in all other application using metal also). I will be really interested in getting feedbacks from others 580 owners !
I've a sapphire 580 and the geekbench (last version) score is exactly the same with Big Sur or Monterey (47k opencl, 50k metal). What about yours?

I've a sapphire 580 and the geekbench (last version) score is exactly the same with Big Sur or Monterey (47k opencl, 50k metal). What about yours?
In metal test :
~50k under Big Sur
~37k under Monterey

I noticed something weird: with wrong USB mapping I can drop to ~30k under Monterey

can you provide your EFI plz ?
Thank you @Leesureone for guide, yours example kext for my Motherboard not work, so i create my USBMap.kext.
Everything is working, thanks all you guys/girls for your attention.

Attachments

• OpenCore 7.4 EFI [Monterey].zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 62
Back