Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

Hi all! Just wanted to tell ya that I’ve successfully dual boot Windows 11 with this motherboard :) well.. windows 11 is contentious due to its requirement for secure boot which can mess with hackintoshes.

I’m using latest bios from Asus and OpenCore 0.7.3, latest BIOS automatically change required settings (TPM and secure boot) that Windows 11 required. All I did is to change the secure boot BIOS settings from Windows to Other OS in Boot > Secure Boot > OS type

I did a clean install. But I assume, if you update from Windows 10 directly (from Windows update), it’ll be OK and OpenCore can still boot into Windows and MacOS just like always. I did a preemptive update as I fear Windows will just update to 11 one day and mess with the bootloader LOL. In any case so far Win 11 has been good to me for someone who just log into Windows just to play games.

@ModMike Hi!
Do you planning to create EFI for macOS Monterey?
Unfortunately Modmike has not been seen for quite a while, I'll get an updated 7.4 version of OpenCore uploaded by this weekend (I hope) after I test it with Monterey

Just updated to 12.0.1 Monterey from 11.6 so far so good.

As I am using DW1560 just like Modmike, Bluetooth and Wifi is a bit wonky in Monterey.. To be able to boot and using them coming from Big Sur we have to remove BrcmBluetoothInjector kext and add BlueToolFixup. The kext order must be BCRMFirmwareData > BCRMPatch3 > BlueToolFixup in your config.plist . Airdrop and Continuity working OK however sometimes after booting the Wifi is not detected, rebooting and resetting NVRAM seems to fix the issue.

Oh yeah! make sure you are using latest Opencore (0.7.4) and all the latest kexts. Get the latest BlueToolFixup version 2.6.1 (not 2.6) It seems like the kexts are still being developed to be fully stable. :)

Just updated to 12.0.1 Monterey from 11.6 so far so good.

As I am using DW1560 just like Modmike, Bluetooth and Wifi is a bit wonky in Monterey.. To be able to boot and using them coming from Big Sur we have to remove BrcmBluetoothInjector kext and add BlueToolFixup. The kext order must be BCRMFirmwareData > BCRMPatch3 > BlueToolFixup in your config.plist . Airdrop and Continuity working OK however sometimes after booting the Wifi is not detected, rebooting and resetting NVRAM seems to fix the issue.

Oh yeah! make sure you are using latest Opencore (0.7.4) and all the latest kexts. Get the latest BlueToolFixup version 2.6.1 (not 2.6) It seems like the kexts are still being developed to be fully stable. :)
UWAAHEEEY!
Can you post your EFI folder here?
Because i'm stuck with mapping USB (not all ports mapping) for my ASUS ROG Strix Z390-I Gaming Mini-ITX

UWAAHEEEY!
Because i'm stuck with mapping USB (not all ports mapping) for my ASUS ROG Strix Z390-I Gaming Mini-ITX

Here is what I am using to boot my dGPU configuration of this board. I am using an RX580 (so no graphic boot arguments are needed), if you have one of the 5500 to 5700 cards you will need to add the "agdpmod=pikera" boot argument. Its OpenCore version7.3 and has the latest kexts including the itlwm.kext for wireless. You should configure itlwm.kext using a plist editor to be able to log into your wireless setup. Either that or use the Heliport App.

There are actually two config.plists, one set as default for a dGPU, another which is named configiGPU.plist which can be renamed and used without a graphics card.

Try it and let me know if you have any issues
what is this kext for : itlwm.kext
Do you have the original DW1560 like mike ?

UWAAHEEEY!
You really should map USB ports by yourself, I had USB problems after updating macOS using other people's efi. The guide Feartech linked after your post is the one I also used and it's very helpful :)

Anyway, this is my EFI folder. Make backup, use at your own risk and keep in mind Monterey is not fully stable at the moment imo

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    13.2 MB · Views: 59
what is this kext for : itlwm.kext
Do you have the original DW1560 like mike ?
No, I don't. itlmw.kext is for enabling intel wireless with the original wireless bluetooth card

You really should map USB ports by yourself, I had USB problems after updating macOS using other people's efi. The guide Feartech linked after your post is the one I also used and it's very helpful :)

Anyway, this is my EFI folder. Make backup, use at your own risk and keep in mind Monterey is not fully stable at the moment imo
I agree regarding USB ports, here's my EFI folder. You may want to compare and look at the kernel patch section of your config.plist you inherited for Modmike. The port limit patches stopped working back in Catalina I think, also Trim is probably natively recognized but it depends on the drives you have. Otherwise nice work sir!!

Back