Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

Clover with the latest EFI from the first post.
As far as I know that is a new undocumented issue although that can happen if you change the Symbios information or log out of iCloud. Can you log back into your accounts in system preferences and see if the behavior is repeated?

@ModMike has fixed that issue in his latest clover EFi on the first page.
BTW, I have same "f1 error"
using the latest EFI, Enable Apple RTC patch, delete RadeonBoost kext since I have GTX780, latest BIOS.
and still, on reboot I have f1.

As far as I know that is a new undocumented issue although that can happen if you change the Symbios information or log out of iCloud. Can you log back into your accounts in system preferences and see if the behavior is repeated?
iCloud doesn't log out and works fine. Only Chrome accounts in the browser.
Maybe it's chrome issue...

iCloud doesn't log out and works fine. Only Chrome accounts in the browser.
Maybe it's chrome issue...
I don't use Chrome but I'm thinking it could be tied to the F1 error. I'm using OpenCore and have not had bios issues after the patch was applied to the Nvram section of the config.plist. Also other users have reported the last Clover EFI folder fixed the F1 reboot problem, maybe not, hopefully we will see feedback to this post from other Clover users.

I am a behind on work and need to work through the weekend so I will not be looking at this again until Sunday evening. If @Leesureone wants to step in and take over until then, please do, I welcome your help and input.

I suspect that all of this BIOS patching by OC and Clover may corrupt the NVRAM. I personally have not had any issues but would suggest that you save your BIOS profile using the tools menu in BIOS and then update to the latest version of BIOS. Reset your CMOS by shorting the proper pins (look in manual, When the machine reboots, restore your profile and you should be good to go.

I personally have not had this problem so I am have no other advice than what I just posted. I will be back Sunday with have some updated EFIs for both OC and Clover that I will roll out then.

I wanted to spend some time debugging for you so if you can keep an eye out on Sunday, I will work to resolve your issue as best I can.

BTW this happens to me, I can boot into MacOS, but I can't boot into my Ubuntu on another drive. But it happens to me when I try to reinstall Ubuntu.

Ubuntu NOT MATTER WHAT I DO overwrites the EFI for OC. So I always have to reserve it, but I cannot for the life of me get the dual boot to work.

And why is this related to the inability to get into the BIOS screens? I can't even do the boot menu to pick Linux because of the issue mentioned above.

At this point, I am going back to Clover or rethinking how I just use Parallels or something.

If I turn on any video with sound within 15 minutes after turning on macOS, my computer freezes. After exiting sleep mode, there is no such problem.

Sound is transmitted through the 5700 XT graphics card via HDMI to a monitor with built-in speakers.

I am using the latest version of OpenCore. Does anyone encounter such a problem?

BTW this happens to me, I can boot into MacOS, but I can't boot into my Ubuntu on another drive. But it happens to me when I try to reinstall Ubuntu.

Ubuntu NOT MATTER WHAT I DO overwrites the EFI for OC. So I always have to reserve it, but I cannot for the life of me get the dual boot to work.

And why is this related to the inability to get into the BIOS screens? I can't even do the boot menu to pick Linux because of the issue mentioned above.

At this point, I am going back to Clover or rethinking how I just use Parallels or something.
The same stuff can happen trying to install windows with Clover. I always install to two separate drives. I disconnect the OSX drive first and then go through the windows set up, rehook the OSX drive and Clover sees both. I think you wrote that doesn't work with Ubuntu and the answer for that is probably not going to be found here. Its not a a specific hardware issue related to this setup, probably related more to OpenCore itself, but I don't know why. The BIOS issue can be bypassed easily enough, and, just so you are aware that is a documented issue, 5.8 looks to address although it looks like the fix is similar to what is already being used in @ModMike's latest EFI. I'll try and find an answer on multibooting tomorrow for you or at least some suggestions

Edit: Here is a link to a guide to triple booting.
@ayushere/guide-multi-boot-macos-linux-and-windows-2019-a0c5a9d88ab8

Last edited:
You can boot from a flash drive or in another way. Just press when you turn on your F8 computer. This will open the boot menu, even if your BIOS does not work (black screen).

I did this to turn on Windows 10 and reflash the BIOS.

The bios issue can be bypassed easily enough and just so you are aware that is a documented issue 5.8 looks to address. I'll try and find an answer on multibooting tomorrow for you or at least some suggestions

Are you going to solve the problem that causes the BIOS to turn black and no longer open?

If I turn on any video with sound within 15 minutes after turning on macOS, my computer freezes. After exiting sleep mode, there is no such problem.

Sound is transmitted through the 5700 XT graphics card via HDMI to a monitor with built-in speakers.

I am using the latest version of OpenCore. Does anyone encounter such a problem?

Streamed a Netflix show for 20 minutes using HDMI Sound over DP, worked as expected. I've got a slightly different config.plist than @ModMike you can try if you like although I'm not sure it will make a difference.

These are the changes and a rough explanation of why:

Booter\ Quirks\

ProtectUefiServices = Yes (Recommended for Z390 Boards)

Kernel\ Patch\

USB Port limit patch #1/2 10.15.x (credit DalianSky) set to NO (see below XhciPortlimit in Kernel\Quirks does exactly the same thing)

USB Port limit patch #2/2 10.15.x (credit DalianSky) set to NO (see below XhciPortlimit in Kernel\Quirks does exactly the same thing)

Enable TRIM for SSD = NO At least in my setup this patch is not needed and both drives show trim enabled in System report

Kernel\ Quirks \

AppleCpuPmCfgLock = No (Not Needed for Asus Boards)

AppleXcpmCfgLock = No (Not Needed for Asus Boards)

XhciPortLimit = No with UIAC-SSDT.aml in ACPI Patched for USB Port Limit. Without UAIC-SSDT.aml leave as Yes to enable all ports but not suggested by developer

PlatformInfo\Symbios

Duplicate entries, complete the entries only under Symbios\Generic using the Symbios Generating Program found at the beginning of the Vanilla OpenCore Desktop Guide on Github. iMac19,1 recommended for Coffee Lake with DGPU but I am using iMacPro 1,1

Attachments

• config.plist
    22.8 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Streamed a Netflix show for 20 minutes using HDMI Sound over DP, worked as expected. I've got a slightly different config.plist than @ModMike you can try if you like although I'm not sure it will make a difference.

These are the changes and a rough explanation of why:

Booter\ Quirks\

ProtectUefiServices = Yes (Recommended for Z390 Boards)

Kernel\ Patch\

USB Port limit patch #1/2 10.15.x (credit DalianSky) set to NO (see below XhciPortlimit in Kernel\Quirks does exactly the same thing)

USB Port limit patch #2/2 10.15.x (credit DalianSky) set to NO (see below XhciPortlimit in Kernel\Quirks does exactly the same thing)

Enable TRIM for SSD = NO At least in my setup this patch is not needed and both drives show trim enabled in System report

Kernel\ Quirks \

AppleCpuPmCfgLock = No (Not Needed for Asus Boards)

AppleXcpmCfgLock = No (Not Needed for Asus Boards)

XhciPortLimit = No with UIAC-SSDT.aml in ACPI Patched for USB Port Limit. Without UAIC-SSDT.aml leave as Yes to enable all ports but not suggested by developer

PlatformInfo\Symbios

Duplicate entries, complete the entries only under Symbios\Generic using the Symbios Generating Program found at the beginning of the Vanilla OpenCore Desktop Guide on Github. iMac19,1 recommended for Coffee Lake with DGPU but I am using iMacPro 1,1
I do not watch NetFlix and Apple TV +. My computer freezes when watching videos on YouTube and elsewhere.

Back