Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

Clover. I've never used OpenCore and so have no idea what to do with that. Should I hold on for you to do whatever you will do with clover? Are you going to be updating the DGPU-EFI for clover?

also,
after I've reset the EFI folder with your most recent files, do I need to redo configuring continuity (as described on the 1st page)?

Before deleting your EFI, you need to copy your serial number and UUID so you can paste them into the new EFI. If you have lost those, you will need to re-do continuity.

Before deleting your EFI, you need to copy your serial number and UUID so you can paste them into the new EFI. If you have lost those, you will need to re-do continuity.
I already deleted it, but I have it saved in a folder as backup. Can I access that old version and get the details?

In regards to your comment about clover vs opencore. are you going to be fixing the dgpu-efi files for clover so that I can get hardware encoding to show up?

ModMike, Hi! I have a question. I have the same identical built. When I restart the computer and hit F8, I see to duplicate of the same OS, and, when I hit F8 with my USB,I see 2 of my SanDisk. I'm not sure if you noticed that is there a fix for it. And, when restart, the machine always go to safe mode. Please help thank.

I already deleted it, but I have it saved in a folder as backup. Can I access that old version and get the details?

In regards to your comment about clover vs opencore. are you going to be fixing the dgpu-efi files for clover so that I can get hardware encoding to show up?

Yes, just use clover configurator and select the config.plist in your backup folder. You can even open up another CC and just copy paste from one to the other.

Almost done, will upload soon.

Please try the attached EFI. To check if you are in the right mode, please use Hackintool and look for the highlighted information. If it matches you are good. Pleas note I am having an issue with the theme so you will not see the usual progress bar. Just wait and you will eventually see the login screen.

Screen Shot 2020-04-17 at 7.25.17 PM.png

Attachments

• DGPU-EFI.zip
    26.3 MB · Views: 62
Thanks for the reply. The only reason I like iStatsMenu is that it shows information right in status bar (or whatever it's called). Is that possible with HWMonitorSMC2? I mean to show information right in status bar and not just 1 single icon?

Yes and you can configure what you want in the Menu bar by double clicking on the item in the full list. Somehow I only get fan speeds under opencore.

Screen Shot 2020-04-17 at 7.41.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-17 at 7.41.38 PM.png

Please try the attached EFI. To check if you are in the right mode, please use Hackintool and look for the highlighted information. If it matches you are good. Pleas note I am having an issue with the theme so you will not see the usual progress bar. Just wait and you will eventually see the login screen.

View attachment 463302
should I follow the same steps you outlined in the EFI reset on the first page?

Look what just showed up, Amazon Warehouse deal. The description said missing manual, driver cd and the packaging was damaged. Its pristine, none of the accessories or cables opened and the manual and driver cd were included as well. Swear it looks like the box was opened and that's it....we will see tomorrow if it gives me grief. Should be the big brother to the i model. $130 delivered

20200417_164748.jpg

Last edited:

View attachment 463302

question: do I check Hackintosh tool before or after swapping out the EFI?

I did before and after, and my Hackintosh tool does not show indexes of -1. Not sure what to do to make the index look likes yours.

The EFI you provided did not work. I got to the selection where I chose the boot drive, selected macOS Catalina. The theme switched first to a honeycomb (the 1st time) and black crumpled paper (2nd time), and after 10-30 seconds my displays went to sleep and my mac did not load into Catalina. I had to boot into Catalina using my installation USB.

Back