Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

And that's exactly the error message I was getting, followed all the documentation and verified I had it set up right... never could get it (which is why I switched cards). Wish I had a different answer for you.

I got it working with WiFi at least. I remembered reading that open core adds the kexts it wants to load and in what order so I removed the BRCMBlueToothInjector from the load list and was able to boot with wifi.

I will make some more adjustments and let you know.

I got it working with WiFi at least. I remembered reading that open core adds the kexts it wants to load and in what order so I removed the BRCMBlueToothInjector from the load list and was able to boot with wifi.

I will make some more adjustments and let you know.
Right? This is what I tried but all I could ever get was Wifi, couldn't get past the critical error until I deleted that kext.

Required for all non-apple manufactured wireless cards due to how Firmware is handled. This is actually a bundle of multiple kexts:

• BrcmBluetoothInjector
  • BrcmFirmwareData
  • BrcmPatchRAM fix:
    • BrcmPatchRAM3 for 10.14+ (must be paired with BrcmBluetoothInjector)
    • BrcmPatchRAM2 for 10.11-10.14
    • BrcmPatchRAM for 10.10 or older
Note:

• Apple Airport and Fenvi cards do not need these kexts
  • OpenCore order is alphabetical: Injector -> Data -> RAM

I have a BCM94360CS2 (native Apple) card. I will try to use your OpenCore with my Mac, Serial and Board. I will unsubscribe about the results, thanks. I am working now, so for now I can’t check.
Better use this version if you are getting critical errors because of the bluetooth kexts.

Attachments

• OC5.7 for XT5700 EFI no Bluetooth, Wifi.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 64
Why would you not share results?
I think it's just a typo/ language issue.

Yes you are right. These are translation difficulties. I will try to check the OpenCore build tonight.

Apparently, there is a new way to establish Navi graphics cards (maybe others from AMD too). It does not seem to require WhateverGreen.kext and agdpmod = pikera. If I understand correctly, then the AMD 5700 XT graphics card or any other from AMD can work natively without interfering with Catalina. Information about this:

Right? This is what I tried but all I could ever get was Wifi, couldn't get past the critical error until I deleted that kext.

Required for all non-apple manufactured wireless cards due to how Firmware is handled. This is actually a bundle of multiple kexts:

• BrcmBluetoothInjector
  • BrcmFirmwareData
  • BrcmPatchRAM fix:
    • BrcmPatchRAM3 for 10.14+ (must be paired with BrcmBluetoothInjector)
    • BrcmPatchRAM2 for 10.11-10.14
    • BrcmPatchRAM for 10.10 or older
Note:

• Apple Airport and Fenvi cards do not need these kexts
  • OpenCore order is alphabetical: Injector -> Data -> RAM

Did you compile the BRCM patches with Lilu or did you just grab the release packages. Thank you for the boot order.

Yes you are right. These are translation difficulties. I will try to check the OpenCore build tonight.

Apparently, there is a new way to establish Navi graphics cards (maybe others from AMD too). It does not seem to require WhateverGreen.kext and agdpmod = pikera. If I understand correctly, then the AMD 5700 XT graphics card or any other from AMD can work natively without interfering with Catalina. Information about this:

Yes. From what I understand, it's basically is just patching manually rather than letting WEG do it for you.

Did you compile the BRCM patches with Lilu or did you just grab the release packages. Thank you for the boot order.
Just grabbed them, compiling them might help. It seems like its a setting in the config.plist thats causing the issue but thats a guess.

Having your USB ports setup correctly also helps.

Back