Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

This I had also, is was the result after a restart on installing, until I disabled my WiFi/Bluetooth card for installation, maybe not the issue but a broken installation will show this.

BIOS setting, I am not the fan of automated OC. I think after Update the BIOS setting like was "Let Bios A.I decide".
Maybe an option will be "enforce all limits" or something like this to avoid auto OC.

You will always get an extra drive when installing an upgrade. If you see an upgrade notification, the upgrade will first install from OSX and then ask to reboot. ON reboot you will see the new install drive and need to select it for the upgrade to take place.

The additional drive will disappear when the update is completed.

Important note for those of you using native NVRAM and getting the error The system has posted in safe mode after a restart:
  1. Make sure to delete EmuVariableUefi from your drivers folder
  2. Install SSDT-PMC.aml in /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched
  3. Delete the nvram.plist in the EFI portion root
  4. Delete the following folders and files from /private/etc:
    1. rc.boot.d
    2. rc.shutdown.d
    3. rc.clover.lib
I will post new EFIs after I test audio.

Attachments

• SSDT-PMC.aml
    143 bytes · Views: 77
Update on Catalina installation :
1. There is another try (5th try) to install Catalina. This time I bought another USB stick 16GB. My thinking is "maybe this one broken somehow with Catalina, which the same USB I created Mojave installer. But lets try new one anyway" in still stuck in/get this screen:
View attachment 457481

2. I do some quick Googling and find change the date at Terminal maybe fix that screen, but still stuck with that error.

So I give up for now.

Maybe next week I can try again to install Catalina on separate SSD. I think I have sketchy/not big brand names lying around. The brand is Adata. (I forgot the name/model number. I hope it compatible with hackintosh.)
For now I already on process to install all the app and all the cloud back up in to Mojave. It takes long time with internet/connection here (Indonesia).

Thanks a lot for the EFI. I saved it to my drive and will update here again when ii try it.

Wait a second...can you just update like regular Mac to Catalina from this Mojave build?

Are they any BIOS setting to disable that card ,or you have to physically remove it from the board?

OK, I will try this with Mojave build right now.
update for 21 inject audio:
its still glitchy after 5:07 playing youtube video.

If that's normal, this one is not right?

View attachment 457483

That error warning shows up about 3-4 minutes installation begin.

are you running fcpx or motion with this guide @ModMike ? if so, are you running it perfectly fine without any extra step outside this build?

Are you creating the install disk and dropping my EFI on it or are you using the stock one?

Update on Catalina installation :

...Wait a second...can you just update like regular Mac to Catalina from this Mojave build?
...Are they any BIOS setting to disable that card ,or you have to physically remove it from the board?
...update for 21 inject audio: its still glitchy after 5:07 playing youtube video.
...are you running fcpx or motion with this guide @ModMike ?

1. Yes as long as the EFI supports both. Right now I have no idea if it does.
  2. Yes. In BIOS: Advanced ->Onboard Devices Configuration -> WiFi Controller -> Disable
  3. Is this on one particular video or all? If specific please post link
  4. I don't use FCPX but could install if there is a trial version to test.

Last edited:
im using your EFI (cat-dgpu-efi.zip) at the page one.

there is a trial, but im never tried the trial version :

Don't use that EFI, use the one I attached in post #3167. It's all set up for native NVRAM so it should work perfectly for you.

Please reread my post, I accidentally saved before finishing. How are you creating the Catalina install disk?

1. oo I see, so better do clean install then (downloading Logic Pro patch 80gb are 20 ish hours operation in this country, better not lose that again with this Mojave)
2. I will disable WIFI in the next Catalina install experiment along side your EFI couples of post before
3. Nope all video. even Spotify will glitch/suddenly mute but I never use stopwatch for how long it stop with Spotify/mp3/audio only
4. there is a trial, but im never tried the trial version :

1. Yes
  2. Trial FCPX crash fixed in Catalina by changing MYBIOS setting as follows:
    1. Advanced Items > System Agent (SA) Graphics Configuration > Primary Display > Auto (From PEG). Yours should already be set to auto as per guide but check anyway

Is there a way to change the Clover Theme? Every time I change it and save, it reverts back to the dark theme. Thanks.

boots without selecting model but 19,1 gives me a bunch of errors. Probably need to do more configuration

I can't seem to get the platform to save using open core configurator. Any tips? Will work on it tomorrow.

Thanks for the help!
After getting this board up and running using your EFI folder with clover and updating to 15.4 I did the work and now have a working Opencore option. The one thing I fought was trying to get the Dell 1560 Wireless/Bluetooth Card working. Loading the same kexts we use for Clover for bluetooth kept generating an error saying BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext could not be found. It was there in kexts and properly identified to load in the config.plist. I ended up swapping out the card with a plug and play M2 card which I can now recommend. If you want to check it out just use Proper Tree od Xcode to change the serial number, add the MAC address and UUID.
I have to say I do miss the Clover Boot Screen but otherwise its works very well.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NGFF-M-2-C...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Attachments

• GamingiEFIOC5.6 .zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 70
Back