Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

Motherboard
Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mobile Phone
iOS
Motherboard
Asus Rog Strix Z390 Gaming E
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
5700 XT
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
Android
It's compatible with the Asus ROG z390 ?
I'll try, thank you :)
it's supposed to replace the ACPI patch in config.plist? (rename EC0 to EC) or it's a complement ?
The answer is in the link I posted

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z390 I-Gaming
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
MacBook
Classic Mac
512K, iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
NEW EFIs: Attention for those of you with bluetooth issues!

Catalina EFI Changes:

1) Updated Clover, drivers, and Kexts
2) Replaced all BRCM bluetooth drivers with latest versions (BRCMPatchRAM3.kext)
3) Removed extraneous DSDTs in the origin folder that were making Bluetooth flakey

Mojave:

1) Removed extraneous DSDTs in the origin folder that were making Bluetooth flakey

Enjoy!

Motherboard
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
MacBook
Classic Mac
512K, iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I agree with @antiserum420. No Z390 boards have native NVRAM. You enabled it using the SSDT-PMC.aml. As far as USB goes, you can start from scratch, which is good for fluency in dealing with this stuff in the future, or you can download MaciASL and edit your existing UIAC-SSDT.aml to add or enable your USBc port. Hackintool will show you your active ports, with it running plug something into the USB-c port to identify which it is, and then edit the SSDT to include it. If it doesn't show using Hackintool you may need to delete your UIAC-SSDT temporarily and add the port limit patches to your config.plist to activate all ports. You should read the guide so you understand why you need to add a USB 2 and USB3 port to the same port to allow it to work correctly. Sounds harder than it is.

I used this guide instead of Rehabman's, there are YouTube videos out there as well. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/a-beginners-guide-to-creating-a-custom-usb-ssdt.272505/
No need to bother, USB limit has been debunked, please see guide for full explanation. Just use USBInjectAll.kext with the correct port limit patch remover and you will have full access to everything. Been using it that way since I wrote the guide and no issues.

My EFI's include the proper settings for full USB enablement.

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z390-I Gaming
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
No need to bother, USB limit has been debunked, please see guide for full explanation. Just use USBInjectAll.kext with the correct port limit patch remover and you will have full access to everything. Been using it that way since I wrote the guide and no issues.

My EFI's include the proper settings for full USB enablement.
IMO It's still better to create your own SSDT-UIAC because you are not dependent on the port limit patch. The port limit patch can break in future updates.

Motherboard
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
MacBook
Classic Mac
512K, iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
IMO It's still better to create your own SSDT-UIAC because you are not dependent on the port limit patch. The port limit patch can break in future updates.
There are a lot of what I call 'Bogeyman' arguments that don't stand up to the light of day. There have been patches for each version within a day of release. Mine usually work through multiple versions. But lets imagine the worst case happens and a PLRP does not exist for a new version. So what? Simply install the SSDT. In the meantime, why not use a PLRP and enjoy all your USB ports?

Please read my spoiler in the guide named: "About the Port Limit Thing" under methodology. Also take the time to read the post about the "The Great Kext Schism" in case you are still insisting on putting kexts in the /extensions folder.

I understand that emotions run high on both subjects so I am not looking to debate any more, everything that needed to be said, has been said in my posts.

By the way, there has always been an SSDT-UIAC for the board in the Guide for this of you who insist on crippling your system.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus Z390i
CPU
i7 9700K
Graphics
WX 5100
Just made some minor changes to Guide Catalina. Mainly changing some text and links.

Let me know if anything is inaccurate.

Just succeeded running 10.15.3 on my first Hackintosh build following a part of your guide (mainly BIOS setting).

My build: Asus Z390i, i7 9700K, Radeon Pro WX 5100, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 3200Mhz, Samsung M.2 970 Evo 1Tb.

Took me 2 hours to make it run. Everything works just fine and gives a big slap to my MacBook Pro.
Didn't think it would be that easy.

What doesn't work:
-Wifi/Bluetooth, but I'm still waiting for the DW1560...

Problems I had :
-Boot hang at : "apfs_module_start : 1683 :" corrected with patch "SSDT-EC.aml" into /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched
and just after passing this hang.... got stuck again at "HID legacy shim 2" just swapped the boot key to a different USB port and went straight to the install.

That's it.

kexts I used for that build :
- AppleALC.kext
- intelMausiEthernet.kext
- Lilu.kext
- WhateverGreen.kext
- USBinjectALL.kext
- VirtualSMC.kext
- SMCProcessor.kext
- SMCSuperIO.kext

What kext to use for the DW1560 and 10.15.3 ...?

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
iMac
Classic Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Sharing Asus z390-i 9900K Vega 64 DW1560 Opencore(v0.55) based EFI
what works: everything(booting faster than clover)
what need to do: add ur own PlatformInfo in config(iMac Pro)

PS: due to personal reason, usb device cannot wake up macOS, only the power button could do it.

Attachments