Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

I basically just took your config.plist and dropped it in to my EFI folder. :lol:

I made a few tiny changes to your config.plist, but nothing major.

I see, alright.
Thank you again!

Cheers,
Ziv

How did you get the VDA Decoder to be fully supported? Thanks
At that time, I used the 2.X utility version, and it showed support. I updated this utility to the latest version, and now it appears that there is no support. I don’t think that something affects this, everything works correctly for me, except for rare sleep problems.

Снимок экрана 2020-02-26 в 02.19.01.png

Many thanks for the great guide!

Since this is my first build I tried to mostly select items in the buyer’s guide and/or your build to get everything up and working without a lot of problems. Wanted to share with you the components of my planned build before I hit you with a couple of questions on your installation guide.

Asus Rog Strix Z390-I Gaming, Core i7-9700K, Noctua NH-L9x65 Low-Profile CPU cooler, Crucial Ballistix 2666 MHz DDR DRAM 32GB, Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB video card, Dell Wireless DW1560 802.11 ac/b/g/n Broadcom BCM94352Z M.2 Ngff WiFi Card 6XRYC, Two 970 EVO NVMe M.2 (a 1TB & a 500 GB) V-NAND SSD’s, Corsair SF750 Platinum PSU, Ghost S1 case with medium tophat & 3 Noctua fans for exhaust. Doing a fresh install of Catalina.

At the end of your guide you provide a number of attachments to use in the installation. Since I’ll be using a graphics card I plan on using the CAT-DGPU-EFI.zip file, but I’m not sure if I need to use the SSDT-UIAC.aml, Bluetooth and Dell wifi attachments at the end of the guide. Not sure if they’re already handled in the CAT-DGPU-EFI file already since I using the wifi/bluetooth card in your build or if I will need to use them as patches once the EFI file is installed. Basically, not sure if I need to use them and where they would go if I need to add post-installation. Thanks again for the great guide and any insights you can provide.

Many thanks for the great guide!

Since this is my first build I tried to mostly select items in the buyer’s guide and/or your build to get everything up and working without a lot of problems. Wanted to share with you the components of my planned build before I hit you with a couple of questions on your installation guide.

Asus Rog Strix Z390-I Gaming, Core i7-9700K, Noctua NH-L9x65 Low-Profile CPU cooler, Crucial Ballistix 2666 MHz DDR DRAM 32GB, Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB video card, Dell Wireless DW1560 802.11 ac/b/g/n Broadcom BCM94352Z M.2 Ngff WiFi Card 6XRYC, Two 970 EVO NVMe M.2 (a 1TB & a 500 GB) V-NAND SSD’s, Corsair SF750 Platinum PSU, Ghost S1 case with medium tophat & 3 Noctua fans for exhaust. Doing a fresh install of Catalina.

At the end of your guide you provide a number of attachments to use in the installation. Since I’ll be using a graphics card I plan on using the CAT-DGPU-EFI.zip file, but I’m not sure if I need to use the SSDT-UIAC.aml, Bluetooth and Dell wifi attachments at the end of the guide. Not sure if they’re already handled in the CAT-DGPU-EFI file already since I using the wifi/bluetooth card in your build or if I will need to use them as patches once the EFI file is installed. Basically, not sure if I need to use them and where they would go if I need to add post-installation. Thanks again for the great guide and any insights you can provide.
Mike patched his config.plist to eliminate the 15 port limit so you should be good without adding the UAIC-SSDT. There are caveats, updates can break the port limit patch so keep that in mind if you go that route. See a post here where he explains his bias to do without. #3,014

Each to his own, I prefer having a static USB-SSDT I create myself to enable the specific ports I want.

Last edited:
Mike patched his config.plist to eliminate the 15 port limit so you should be good without adding the UAIC-SSDT. There are caveats, updates can break the port limit patch so keep that in mind if you go that route. See a post here where he explains his bias to do without. #3,014

Each to his own, I prefer having a static USB-SSDT I create myself to enable the specific ports I want.
Thanks for the reply. Very much appreciated!

Followed the guide and works like a charm. Only thing was my motherboard, Z390-F Gaming, did not have a newer BIOS than 1401 I skipped DVMT, since it isn't in the BIOS of this motherboard and chose XMP 1.

I wonder if anyone can guide me a little,

I have a PC I built specifically for my flight sim hobby (Asus Z390-A, i5 9600K, GTX 1080TI & 32GB DDR4) I would really like to use this as my main Hackintosh Machine (I already have another) but I know I cannot use the GT1080 TI in anything other than High Sierra. I read that I can disable the Nvidia card from Clover and just use the integrated GPU which will be more than enough for my needs.

I am a little unsure of how exactly to do this. I would rather not have to disable the Nvidia in the BIOS if at all possible so that I can simply boot into Windows or Catalina. I currently use one 42 inch 1080P LED TV as my display

I hope I can install Catalina on this PC with some help (I have built a few Hackintosh desktops in the past so I am somewhat familiar)

Thanks in advance,

I wonder if anyone can guide me a little,

I have a PC I built specifically for my flight sim hobby (Asus Z390-A, i5 9600K, GTX 1080TI & 32GB DDR4) I would really like to use this as my main Hackintosh Machine (I already have another) but I know I cannot use the GT1080 TI in anything other than High Sierra. I read that I can disable the Nvidia card from Clover and just use the integrated GPU which will be more than enough for my needs.

I am a little unsure of how exactly to do this. I would rather not have to disable the Nvidia in the BIOS if at all possible so that I can simply boot into Windows or Catalina. I currently use one 42 inch 1080P LED TV as my display

I hope I can install Catalina on this PC with some help (I have built a few Hackintosh desktops in the past so I am somewhat familiar)

Thanks in advance,

Please post your EFI folder.

Back