Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

I believe this ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ is a memory error. remove any kexts relating to men fix. and try again.

Thanks for the advice. After many many hours of tinkering, I found that it did not like my RAM (32GB x2) at all. I then replaced the RAM with (16GB x2), and I am getting further but now it stop at IOConsolUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs0, now 0, sm 0x0.

I am also seeing up just a little bit Lilu: user @ failed to change memory protection (0, 2)

IMG_3896.jpg

Last edited:
I cannot get my system to stay asleep! It will always go to sleep but then will wake automatically within a few seconds??!

I have been running my Hackintosh fine for a while now just using a USB WiFi and Bluetooth dongle. I saw your post and immediately purchased and installed a DW1560 card and have used the clover setup (which was better than mine), kexts and DSDT/SSDT files from this build.

I'm pretty sure its something to do with the Broadcom Bluetooth on the USB bus. As before I finished my setup, I had the wifi working, and no Bluetooth available. It went into sleep and stayed asleep every time.

Any help would really be appreciated.
Did you load the BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext that @ModMike put into the original post?

OK, I have updated my config EFI folder, and I now get further but still fails. I have uploaded the EFI folder if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Specs:
Mobo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-I Gaming
CPU: Intel i9-9900K
Memory: 32GB (16GB x2)
Videocard: Sapphire Nitro+ 5700 XT
Network: Dell 1560
SSD: 2TB (not M.2)

It runs through what looks like audio setup then crashes at ntp service.

Code:
AppleHDAEngineInput::performFormatChange (<ptr>, <ptr>, 0)
  levelControl->setValueChangeHandler ( &changeColumeHandler <ptr>, this <ptr>) for coreAudioChannelID 2
  controlID: 2, coreAudioChannelID = 2 FRONT RIGHT oldValue 0x20, newValue 0x20
  levelControl->setValueChangeHandler ( &changeColumeHandler <ptr>, this <ptr>) for coreAudioChannelID 1
  controlID: 0, coreAudioChannelID = 1 FRONT RIGHT oldValue 0x20, newValue 0x20
  levelControl->setValueChangeHandler ( &changeColumeHandler <ptr>, this <ptr>) for coreAudioChannelID 2
  controlID: 7, coreAudioChannelID = 2 FRONT RIGHT oldValue 0x17, newValue 0x17
  levelControl->setValueChangeHandler ( &changeColumeHandler <ptr>, this <ptr>) for coreAudioChannelID 1
  controlID: 5, coreAudioChannelID = 1 FRONT RIGHT oldValue 0x17, newValue 0x17
  controlID: 12, coreAudioChannelID = 2 FRONT RIGHT oldValue 0x41, newValue 0x41
  controlID: 10, coreAudioChannelID = 1 FRONT RIGHT oldValue 0x41, newValue 0x41
  controlID: 17, coreAudioChannelID = 2 FRONT RIGHT oldValue 0x41, newValue 0x41
  controlID: 15, coreAudioChannelID = 1 FRONT RIGHT oldValue 0x41, newValue 0x41
  controlID: 22, coreAudioChannelID = 2 FRONT RIGHT oldValue 0x41, newValue 0x41
  controlID: 20, coreAudioChannelID = 1 FRONT RIGHT oldValue 0x41, newValue 0x41
  controlID 2, coreAudioChannelID = 2 FRONT RIGHT oldValue 0x20, newValue 0x20
  controlID 0, coreAudioChannelID = 1 FRONT LEFT oldValue 0x20, newValue 0x20
  controlID 7, coreAudioChannelID = 2 FRONT RIGHT oldValue 0x17, newValue 0x17
  controlID 5, coreAudioChannelID = 1 FRONT LEFT oldValue 0x17, newValue 0x17
  controlID 12, coreAudioChannelID = 2 FRONT RIGHT oldValue 0x41, newValue 0x41
  controlID 10, coreAudioChannelID = 1 FRONT LEFT oldValue 0x41, newValue 0x41
  controlID 17, coreAudioChannelID = 2 FRONT RIGHT oldValue 0x41, newValue 0x41
  controlID 15, coreAudioChannelID = 1 FRONT LEFT oldValue 0x41, newValue 0x41
  controlID 22, coreAudioChannelID = 2 FRONT RIGHT oldValue 0x41, newValue 0x41
  controlID 20, coreAudioChannelID = 1 FRONT LEFT oldValue 0x41, newValue 0x41
  controlID 2, coreAudioChannelID = 2 FRONT RIGHT oldValue 0x20, newValue 0x20
  controlID 0, coreAudioChannelID = 1 FRONT LEFT oldValue 0x20, newValue 0x20
  controlID 7, coreAudioChannelID = 2 FRONT RIGHT oldValue 0x17, newValue 0x17
  controlID 5, coreAudioChannelID = 1 FRONT LEFT oldValue 0x17, newValue 0x17
  controlID 12, coreAudioChannelID = 2 FRONT RIGHT oldValue 0x41, newValue 0x41
  controlID 10, coreAudioChannelID = 1 FRONT LEFT oldValue 0x41, newValue 0x41
  controlID 17, coreAudioChannelID = 2 FRONT RIGHT oldValue 0x41, newValue 0x41
  controlID 15, coreAudioChannelID = 1 FRONT LEFT oldValue 0x41, newValue 0x41
  controlID 22, coreAudioChannelID = 2 FRONT RIGHT oldValue 0x41, newValue 0x41
  controlID 20, coreAudioChannelID = 1 FRONT LEFT oldValue 0x41, newValue 0x41
Tue Dec 31 14:16:22 2019 iMac.local com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.bsd.dirhelper.588) <Warning>: Endpoint has been activated through legacy launch(3) APIs. Please switch to XPC or bootstrap_check_in(): com.apple.bsd.dirhelper
Tue Dec 31 14:16:23 2019 iMac.local com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (org.ntp.sntp:205) <Warning>: Service exited with abnormal code: 1

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    22.5 MB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Did you load the BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext that @ModMike put into the original post?

Yep. I used the exact kexts he used.

Everything is working. Just wont sleep.

Like I mentioned I had had my build up and running for a while and tried to just upgrade my clover setup get the new dw1560 card working. I couldn't get the bluetooth to work after loads of messing around so the just deleted my current clover setup and used all of modmikes files. Wifi/bluetooth working but sleep is now an issue.

Last edited:
So I found out that was not the RAM. I swapped out my 5700 XT for my Vega 56 and I was able to install just fine. Has anyone gotten this to work with a 5700 XT?

Yep. I used the exact kexts he used.

Everything is working. Just wont sleep.

Like I mentioned I had had my build up and running for a while and tried to just upgrade my clover setup get the new dw1560 card working. I couldn't get the bluetooth to work after loads of messing around so the just deleted my current clover setup and used all of modmikes files. Wifi/bluetooth working but sleep is now an issue.

If you have a dedicated video card go into the bios and disable iGPU. That fixed the sleep issue for me.

Just came here to say thanks to @ModMike and show appreciation for the extensive background information in the guide, especially the section about the methodology. I am now considering to apply this approach to my Z370 build. Wondering if this is what one would consider a vanilla install?

Once again thanks to @ModMike for a great guide. I think I may have gotten a dud DW1560, (not recognized at all) so I'm going to return it and try the cheap USB dongle solution. I had one for a Raspberry Pi laying around and although it isn't screaming fast, it does work. On the lookout for a 2.4/5.8G one that also does bluetooth. Recommendations?

A couple of other things that I think I've fixed. First, I wasn't able to open JPEGs in QuickLook or Preview. The solution was to add "shikigva=32 shiki-id=Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94" to my boot arguments. (From the deprecated NoVPAJpeg documentation).
Second, I've had some issues with no audio I/O devices being present. I haven't gotten this one totally sorted yet, but I seem to have the best results when I unplug any type of USB device other than the keyboard when restarting. Hoping this may help someone else.

@ModMike, thanks for all the hard work on the guide. I have to admit that I am having a difficult time trying to make this work.

I have the following gear:
  • Asus Z390-I Gaming
  • Intel i9-9900K
  • 64GB Corsair Vengeance (Only 1 stick plugging in for 32GB RAM)
  • 2TB SSD (SATA not M2)
  • Sapphire 5700XT
  • 1560 wireless card.

I have updated the BIOS and made all the changes listed in the original guide. I have tried Mojave and Catalina both just stall at the Apple logo. I have started to read through all of the threads but with there being 290+ pages it was a bit overwhelming.
It's the 5700 XT that is causing you grief, I bet.
What worked for me was updating WEG and Lilu kexts and adding this to the boot arguments in the config.plist.

agdpmod=pikera

Last edited:
Back