Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

Or buy the extension cord that I showed for BCM943602CS
I have DW1560 and its low end wifi adapter.
I changed it to BCM943602CS due extremely poor bluetooth sound quality

With BCM943602CS+ some extra cord for antenna you can use only 5Ghz+Bluetooth antenna(2.4Ghz leave unconnected)

In any case, I will build the system this weekend and say if there are any problems with Asus Z390-I Gaming+ BCM943602CS
Did you insert the BCM943602CS into the M.2 slot on the back of the motherboard?

No, I always use the M.2 slot from integrated WiFi card.
M.2 slots for SSD should work too, but I use it for NVMe SSD.

thank you very muc ModMike
well finally my pc run macOS Catalina
I did use
Advanced Items > System Agent (SA) Graphics Configuration > IGPU Multi-Monitor > Enabled for DGPU, Disabled for IGPU

my build
Motherboard: Asus TUF Z390-PLUS GAMING (WI-FI)

CPU: Core I9-9900K (3.6GHz, 95W, L3:16M, 8C, rev.R0)

VGA: RADEON RX 580 8GB GOORS (XFX)

Screen Shot 2.png

Last edited:
thank you very muc ModMike
well finally my pc run macOS Catalina
I did use

my build
Motherboard: Asus TUF Z390-PLUS GAMING (WI-FI)

CPU: Core I9-9900K (3.6GHz, 95W, L3:16M, 8C, rev.R0)

VGA: RADEON RX 580 8GB GOORS (XFX)

I have the same motherboard and processor. My processor does not heat more than 56 degrees, and the cooler works at no more than 60% of its speed.

I believe that my processor is running at full capacity. Have you encountered this? I did not change any BIOS settings, except as described on the first page.

Снимок экрана 2019-10-25 в 17.09.54.jpg

Apparently, the performance problem is not only in Windows 10, but also in macOS. I get small ...jpg

Apparently, the performance problem is not only in Windows 10, but also in macOS. I get small results in Geekbench 5.

Here are my values in GeekBench 4.

Снимок экрана 2019-10-25 в 17.35.49.jpg

I think this is not enough. @ModMike on Core i7 has better performance. Does anyone have any idea why my Core i9 processor is not running at full capacity?

Last edited:
I have the same motherboard and processor. My processor does not heat more than 56 degrees, and the cooler works at no more than 60% of its speed.

I believe that my processor is running at full capacity. Have you encountered this? I did not change any BIOS settings, except as described on the first page.

View attachment 432575

View attachment 432576

Apparently, the performance problem is not only in Windows 10, but also in macOS. I get small results in Geekbench 5.

Here are my values in GeekBench 4.

View attachment 432583

I think this is not enough. @ModMike on Core i7 has better performance. Does anyone have any idea why my Core i9 processor is not running at full capacity?

Something is wrong with your config. Your i9-9900K is running too slow. Here is my i9-9900K:

Screen Shot 2019-10-25 at 10.46.46 AM.png

I used the BIOS settings from the first page, and left the rest by default (did not touch).

My i9-9900K is overclocked to 5GHz, but it should still not be that much faster than yours. The BIOS settings on post #1 don't mess with any of the CPU settings. Try some benchmarks in Windows to see if your results are comparable to other i9-9900Ks.

What cooling system are you using for your CPU? What are the VRM temperatures like?

My i9-9900K is overclocked to 5GHz, but it should still not be that much faster than yours. The BIOS settings on post #1 don't mess with any of the CPU settings. Try some benchmarks in Windows to see if your results are comparable to other i9-9900Ks.

What cooling system are you using for your CPU? What are the VRM temperatures like?
VRM temperature does not exceed 50 degrees for sure (tested a few days ago, I don’t remember exactly already). Performance on Windows 10 is also lower than it really should be.

AIDA program showed temperature for only four cores. Perhaps the other four are simply disconnected?

Are you using the latest BIOS? I have installed the penultimate one (from the factory).

My cooler is Noctua NH-U9S. It spins at a speed of about 40%. The radiator, even with a prolonged stress test, remains a little warm, but not hot.

I think my problem is that the processor is not working at full capacity.

Back