Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

Thanks! After I disable iGPU, I can use Final Cut Pro now. For enable iGPU in headless, I don't see any thread about it in 10.14.6. Any idea where I can find one? Thanks.

Try this in Clover Configurator, courtesy of @CaseySJ:

SMBIOS: Use either iMac18,3 or iMacPro1,1.
Devices: IntelGFX = 0x0
Devices: Devices* = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)
Properties:
Key = framebuffer-patch-enable | Value = 01000000 | Type = Data
Key = AAPL,ig-platform-id | Value = 0300923E | Type = Data (you may also try 0300913E)
Key = device-id | Value = 9B3E0000 | Type = Data
Graphics: ig-platform-id = <make sure this is empty>
Graphics: Inject Intel = false
Graphics: Inject ATI = false

The attached screenshot might help as well.

Attachments

• CC - Switch to Headless.png
    CC - Switch to Headless.png
    760 KB · Views: 82

Properties:
Key = AAPL,ig-platform-id | Value = 0300923E | Type = Data (you may also try 0300913E)

Thanks, I saw there is a software to check hardware decoding status.
Like this one, what's the name of this software please? Thanks:lolno:
Screen Shot 2019-04-16 at 10.03.27 PM.png

Properties:

Increasing VRAM to 2048MB on systems that are connected to a single 1080P display or when using a Headless PlatformID will have no beneficial effect.

So property: Key = framebuffer-patch-enable | Value = 01000000 | Type = Data is not needed when using IGPU in headless mode.

Increasing VRAM to 2048MB on systems that are connected to a single 1080P display or when using a Headless PlatformID will have no beneficial effect.

So property: Key = framebuffer-patch-enable | Value = 01000000 | Type = Data is not needed when using IGPU in headless mode.
Thanks, I have fixed Final Cut Pro. But now, I can't open jpg. Any idea what should I do?

Thanks.

I have fixed the issue. The issue for me is the RAM. I purchased Corsair Vengeance 32GB*2, seems the RAM has some problem with system.

Not sure if this is caused by 32GB*2 (cap) or the brand. Will test more.
Asus says this board supports 64GB Ram if that is what you meant by (cap). See below:

Socket 1151 for 9th / 8th Gen Intel® Core™, Pentium® Gold and Celeron® processors
2 x DIMM, Max. 64GB, DDR4 4500(O.C)/4400(O.C)/4333(O.C.)/4266(O.C.)/4133(O.C.)/4000(O.C.)/3866(O.C.)/3733(O.C.)/3600(O.C.)/3466(O.C.)/3400(O.C.)/3333(O.C.)/3300(O.C.)/3200(O.C.)/3000(O.C.)/2800(O.C.)/2666/2400/2133 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory *
Dual Channel Memory Architecture
Supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
* Hyper DIMM support is subject to the physical characteristics of individual CPUs.
* Refer to www.asus.com for the Memory QVL (Qualified Vendors Lists).

Asus says this board supports 64GB Ram if that is what you meant by (cap). See below:

Socket 1151 for 9th / 8th Gen Intel® Core™, Pentium® Gold and Celeron® processors
2 x DIMM, Max. 64GB, DDR4 4500(O.C)/4400(O.C)/4333(O.C.)/4266(O.C.)/4133(O.C.)/4000(O.C.)/3866(O.C.)/3733(O.C.)/3600(O.C.)/3466(O.C.)/3400(O.C.)/3333(O.C.)/3300(O.C.)/3200(O.C.)/3000(O.C.)/2800(O.C.)/2666/2400/2133 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory *
Dual Channel Memory Architecture
Supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
* Hyper DIMM support is subject to the physical characteristics of individual CPUs.
* Refer to www.asus.com for the Memory QVL (Qualified Vendors Lists).
Yea, it says so, but I am not sure if now it is a issue from Corsair or from macOS

regarding my BT issue, this is exactly what is described here : https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/fix-bcm94352z-dw1560-bt-lost-after-sleep.276501/

I have already BCRMPATCHRAM2 and BrcmFirmwareData kext in clover kext folder but I clone his git (https://github.com/Grid-H/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM) and compile these 2 kexts again.

However I have nothing in logs like him to check his patch is ok so I have to wait if my issue will show up again.
but I checked the source code and his patch is present line 1294 :

case kFirmwareWritten:

IOSleep(mPreResetDelay);

if (hciCommand(&HCI_RESET, sizeof(HCI_RESET)) != kIOReturnSuccess){

DebugLog("[Grid's mod] HCI_RESET failed, aborting.");

mDeviceState = kUpdateAborted;

continue;

}

break;

so I quiet confident my compiled kext got his patch. Hope it will solve my issue

regarding my BT issue, this is exactly what is described here : https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/fix-bcm94352z-dw1560-bt-lost-after-sleep.276501/

I have already BCRMPATCHRAM2 and BrcmFirmwareData kext in clover kext folder but I clone his git (https://github.com/Grid-H/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM) and compile these 2 kexts again.

However I have nothing in logs like him to check his patch is ok so I have to wait if my issue will show up again.
but I checked the source code and his patch is present line 1294 :

case kFirmwareWritten:

IOSleep(mPreResetDelay);

if (hciCommand(&HCI_RESET, sizeof(HCI_RESET)) != kIOReturnSuccess){

DebugLog("[Grid's mod] HCI_RESET failed, aborting.");

mDeviceState = kUpdateAborted;

continue;

}

break;

so I quiet confident my compiled kext got his patch. Hope it will solve my issue
sadly I could check the log and I didn't see any "Not responding"

log show --predicate "processID == 0" --start 2019-08-01 --debug | grep BrcmPatchRAM2 | grep "Not responding"

I got the issue yesterday evening...So I think the patch will be useless here :(

I spent two days on this issue, and I find a workaround: the Bluetooth RSSI was weak and make my AirPods stuttering. To give you an idea, at about ~30 cm from the antenna my RSSI could drop dow to -85db !
I checked everything from hardware connection (to antenna) to USB injection. I read tons of readmes starting by RehabMan tuto. I thought is was a power issue as I understand I was missing the "USBX" injection. But I realize with Hackintool and sys info everything was right, my iPad could charge very well.
So I ended to download Apple BT tools to draw RSSI, and what a surprise: I noticed I need to activate WIFI and be connected to a SSID to get a good RSSI for the Bluetooth! As I use a Ethernet cable...
Amazing, what the hell ?

brown: my apple wireless keyboard
green: my AirPods
1565388634042.png

However the workaround is to be connected to WiFi SSID and you should use 5GHz to avoid interference with other devices (in 5GHz you have your own channel)

Last edited:
Still having random restarts, complete system lockup, restart, no log, I'm sad :(

Even have a second 1TB NVMe on second slot with Wndows; same.

I tried with only 1 RAM. I think today I'll switch back my old RX 470 and RMA the RX 590.

Back