Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

@sorob Welcome to the thread, or as some like to call it, MadMike's house of heresy. How did your install go? Was it a clean install from a USB installer?
Thanks for checking on me! I used your method with Mojave 10.14.14 installer which I downloaded from app store. Now I think my Bluetooth is not working correctly. My BCMxxxxxx is recognized though. Trying to read more post from this thread.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-01 at 10.57.34 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-01 at 10.57.34 AM.png
    248.5 KB · Views: 78
Thanks for checking on me! I used your method with Mojave 10.14.14 installer which I downloaded from app store. Now I think my Bluetooth is not working correctly. My BCMxxxxxx is recognized though. Trying to read more post from this thread.

Did you install clean or just do an update? If not clean, then you need to remove all Hackintosh kexts from /L/E/ folder. Be careful not to remove the Apple macOS ones!

Once clean you can reboot and the Dell DW1560 should get updated.

Good luck!

Did you install clean or just do an update? If not clean, then you need to remove all Hackintosh kexts from /L/E/ folder. Be careful not to remove the Apple macOS ones!

Once clean you can reboot and the Dell DW1560 should get updated.

Good luck!
I installed clean. Actually the whole system was new. It was the first install on the system.

Did you try to pair a device?
I tried to connect my microsoft designer mouse. It can be detected but couldn't connect in the end. It seems connected. It keeps flashing between connected and not connected. My Bose soundlink mini, on the other hand, never showed up on the bluetooth selections. My concern now is whether the DW1560 I bought is malfunctioning.

Last edited:
I tried to connect my microsoft designer mouse. It can be detected but couldn't connect in the end. It seems connected. It keeps flashing between connected and not connected. My Bose soundlink mini, on the other hand, never showed up on the bluetooth selections. My concern now is whether the DW1560 I bought is malfunctioning.

That’s a common issue, your board is fine. Move the 2 BRCMxxx kexts from clover /other to /l/e and reboot. They are not be being injected properly. I will look into fixing it tomorrow.

Have you tried rebooting? Sometimes it’s all it takes for the Kexts to rewrite the DW1560 bios.

That’s a common issue, your board is fine. Move the 2 BRCMxxx kexts from clover /other to /l/e and reboot. They are not be being injected properly. I will look into fixing it tomorrow.

Have you tried rebooting? Sometimes it’s all it takes for the Kexts to rewrite the DW1560 bios.
I tried rebooting. And I moved the two files as you instructed. It didn't help. Also, I tried bluetooth in windows. It is functional. Could it possibly fail because of other source?

Update: I tried to delete the 2 BRCMxxx kexts from clover after moving them to /l/e. It makes the bluetooth completely off.

Last edited:
I tried rebooting. And I moved the two files as you instructed. It didn't help. Also, I tried bluetooth in windows. It is functional. Could it possibly fail because of other source?

Update: I tried to delete the 2 BRCMxxx kexts from clover after moving them to /l/e. It makes the bluetooth completely off.
Make sure not to drag the kext files in /Library/Extensions/. They need to installed correctly:

Make sure not to drag the kext files in /Library/Extensions/. They need to installed correctly:
Thanks for the info. I will try to do this correctly this time.

make sure not to drag the kext files in /Library/Extensions, they need to installed correctly:
Thanks for the info. I will try to do this correctly this time.

Back