Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

Yes I have...I have DW1705 and DW 1501

Last edited:
Yes I have...is Dw 1705 ok?

Yes but I believe the DW 1705 is longer than the stock one so you will not be able to use the metal shield and it won't be secured very well, a DW1560 would be better.

I also don't recommend running without the shield because it may add noise to your lines. You can always swap it out later.

Did you already install it?

I'm really sorry to hear that. Some guy just got his OEM 1560W and it worked. Is it possible you overwrote the USB port HS14? It's reserved for the card.

Well it looks like HS14 was in my custom clover boot as uia_exclude=HS04,HS05,HS11,HS14,SS01,SS02,SS03,SS04,SS05,SS06,USR1,USR2.

I took everything apart again and installed the DW1560, removed HS14 from the exclude script and added HS14 to my ssdt-uiac and still no hardware found in either MacOS or Windows 10 Pro.

Its because of what you mentioned earlier that pastrychef thought or there is some whitelist for that port which if I have time I'll look though the bios rom to see.

I never install hackintosh yet...I buy PC and now ask if my components are compatible

Well it looks like HS14 was in my custom clover boot as uia_exclude=HS04,HS05,HS11,HS14,SS01,SS02,SS03,SS04,SS05,SS06,USR1,USR2.

I took everything apart again and installed the DW1560, removed HS14 from the exclude script and added HS14 to my ssdt-uiac and still no hardware found in either MacOS or Windows 10 Pro.

Its because of what you mentioned earlier that pastrychef thought or there is some whitelist for that port which if I have time I'll look though the bios rom to see.

As I mentioned before, Whitelists are only found in pre-built systems like a laptop to force people to buy replacement components from the manufacturer. You will probably never see that in a component motherboard, it wouldn't make sense unless it was incompatible.

I cannot help you use my EFI if you do not do exactly as I say so please follow carefully:
  1. Boot into Windows and confirm that card works
  2. Do a clean install with my EFI as instructed
If you have an existing install, replace your EFI with mine and make sure you have no Hackintosh kexts in /L/E or /S/L/E

If you are set up that way, then I can continue to troubleshoot, not before.

I never install hackintosh yet...I buy PC and now ask if my components are compatible

The board certainly is but not sure if the CNVi WiFi card will work. As you can see the poster above is having issues. If it works for him it's almost certain it will work on all ASUS Z390-X boards. Seeing as you didn't get anything yet, order the DW1560 but only from Dell, there are a lot of fake ones that will not work.

Have fun!

@ModMike is it necessary for ppl that do not have the itx board to still replace the card? Can’t they just buy the Fenvi card, install in PCIe x1 and just deactivate the onboard card?

@ModMike is it necessary for ppl that do not have the itx board to still replace the card? Can’t they just buy the Fenvi card, install in PCIe x1 and just deactivate the onboard card?

If you have slots to spare then go for it. As you already know, we don't have that option in the Z390-I

As I mentioned before, Whitelists are only found in pre-built systems like a laptop to force people to buy replacement components from the manufacturer. You will probably never see that in a component motherboard, it wouldn't make sense unless it was incompatible.

I cannot help you use my EFI if you do not do exactly as I say so please follow carefully:
  1. Boot into Windows and confirm that card works
  2. Do a clean install with my EFI as instructed
If you have an existing install, replace your EFI with mine and make sure you have no Hackintosh kexts in /L/E or /S/L/E

If you are set up that way, then I can continue to troubleshoot, not before.

I really don’t plan on placing the card back in again but just FYI I am always booting into windows 10 first to check thoroughly for the hardware and did as you said installed the driver you supplied and then macOS working with your EFI and the card does not show up at all in windows 10 and in macOS it says no WiFi/BT hardware found.

I really don’t plan on placing the card back in again but just FYI I am always booting into windows 10 first to check thoroughly for the hardware and did as you said installed the driver you supplied and then macOS working with your EFI and the card does not show up at all in windows 10 and in macOS it says no WiFi/BT hardware found.

Well, that settles it then. I would still love to see a known working card tried in the machine but if it doesn't work in Windows, it pretty much says it all. Thank you for trying so hard and for giving us so much feedback. It's the only way I can learn.

Back