Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

I was playing with compiling new versions and also messed around with Virtual SMC. These 2 EFIs put everything back to "stock". I also removed the USB port limit removal patch just in case it interferes with the installer.

Give them a shot and let me know if we are back in business.

Attachments

• DGPU-EFI.zip
    22.7 MB · Views: 82
  • IGPU-EFI.zip
    22.7 MB · Views: 70
Ok. So I did replace the kext and I was able to boot in successfully. That was the issue. But I did notice that in the config.plist the Port Limit Patches are not there. Also when it comes to sound I still don't have regular Audio. I only have HDMI Audio.

I see you managed to update your signature but it looks like the wrong build. I posted new EFIs and you should be all good. Thank you for testing the EFI and confirming it was VirtualSMC.

Edit: I will put the patches back when you confirm these versions work.

I see you managed to update your signature but it looks like the wrong build. I posted new EFIs and you should be all good. Thank you for testing the EFI and confirming it was VirtualSMC.

Edit: I will put the patches back when you confirm these versions work.
I've tried several times to update my profile builds. I want both on there but it seems I can only get the one under my name to come out. I may have to remove my older build and just stick with my newer build.

I have added the patches from the EFI in Post 1 copying the config.plist from there. It worked. 3.1 Gen 2 is reading at 5GBs.

@ModMike I received the Dell DW1560's today and its the same issue, card not enabled in windows or MacOS. So it looks to be specific to the Asus Z390-E motherboard.

I ended up sending two Motherboard's back and bought a 3rd one. The original processor was fine.

@ModMike I received the Dell DW1560's today and its the same issue, card not enabled in windows or MacOS. So it looks to be specific to the Asus Z390-E motherboard.

I ended up sending two Motherboard's back and bought a 3rd one. The original processor was fine.

I'm really sorry to hear that. Another guy just got his OEM 1560W and it worked. Is it possible you overwrote the USB port HS14? It's reserved for the card.

ModMike bro, not sure if I have something wrong in BOIS setting. my screen UHD lost 60hz after wake up from sleep. I updated my EFI with your latest upload. any thoughts? I have 1220 Bios version and on 10.14.4

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-30 at 11.54.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-30 at 11.54.13 PM.png
    65.6 KB · Views: 98
ModMike bro, not sure if I have something wrong in BOIS setting. my screen UHD lost 60hz after wake up from sleep. I updated my EFI with your latest upload. any thoughts? I have 1220 Bios version and on 10.14.4

When did you do the update? Today? Are you saying you were at 90hz? I have an idea what might be causing it. Make the following change:

Save and reboot then load Hackintool to confirm it worked.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-31 at 12.07.06 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-31 at 12.07.06 AM.png
    64.2 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Sorry I didn't make it clear. I meant my screen refresh rate went down from 60Hz to 30Hz that you see from the screenshot: UI looks like 3840 x 2160 @ 30Hz. whole screen animation and movement of mice are very laggy and unusable. I had clean install of 10.14.4 and copied your current EFI folder on page 1. BTW, I'm using i9-9900K, and I just update VRAM to 2048 on config file but it still gave me 30Hz refresh rate after woke up from sleep.
Screen Shot 2019-03-31 at 12.26.40 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-30 at 11.54.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-31 at 12.34.35 AM.png

Last edited:
The fix I gave you is correct. I removed Platform ID injection when 10.14.4 was released because it correctly identifies the IGPU and makes it easier to manage the EFIs. I also removed the 2048 VRAM option so that's why this happened to you.

A large monitor in high resolution requires a lot of VRAM, which is why you are having issues. You should be ok at 2048. I tested Clover and it's not patching, probably because it's not injecting so you need to use Hackintool:
  1. Start Hackintool
  2. Click on Framebuffer and select macOS 10.14

3. Set as shown below

4. Click on Generate Patch

5. Now apply it as follows:

6. If your EFI is not mounted, Hackintool will ask you to mount it. This always seems to crash on me so I use Clover Configurator to mount it.
  7. At the dialog, navigate to your EFI folder and select config.plist

8. Click on Save
  9. Reboot, start Hackintool, load framebuffer (or nothing will appear in VRAM), then check your NVRAM:

Let me know if that fixes the issue. If you are all good I will make it part of the IGPU-EFI.

Last edited:
Back