Contribute
Register

The DEATHSTAR is almost fully operational, EXCEPT....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just tried switching around the order of my drives inside the case. Didn't fix anything.

Ahhhhhh.... I know of the macman audio kext! Just used to hearing it by name (ALC8XXHDA). I understand pretty well (self explanatory) and follow his directions, but don't get my other ports to come up in system preferences.

It's not exactly the hardest thing in the world to do but it seems to be giving me a tough time :banghead:

Sigh... almost there...

oh oh! I just found something called "VoodooHDA.prefPane" in SYstem>Library>PrefPanes!
Could this be the culprit? I want to try and delete but don't want to screw anything up.

Update: I ended up starting over from scratch (now that I know boxes to check off and in what order) and now everything works perfectly fine. And I mean EVERYTHING.

What I learned...

a) If things don't seem to be working the way they should you most likely screwed up somewhere and need to start the process over from scratch.

b) It's best to run multibeast each and every time you install one of the options. DO NOT TRY AND INSTALL THEM AT THE SAME TIME. This is an easy way to screw things up and get confused.

c) Best to check that your system will reboot first (w/o CD) to make sure you are on the right track after loading either a user dsdt (or easy beast). I actually rebooted the system each time I choose an option jsut to be sure that what I choose didn't screw with anything.

d) paying $700 for a computer that does what a $2000 one can do kicks a$$ in so many different ways I don't know where to begin.

headbang: :thumbup: :clap:

good luck!

animalflynn said:
Oh! One more thing.... now that I have everything working the App Store doesn't seem to work anymore BUT WHO CARES???!?! Ha ha!

Bizarre. :?

joshua90009 said:
for c : remove voodoo from extra /extention and remove your extra in root of your drive

run combo 10.6.6 dont reboot .run multi beast /follow the screen shot http://tonymacx86.com/download/file.php ... &mode=view

(note:check apple hda rollback all so) :thumbup:

thanks a ton 90009! This will defintely be helpful incase I need to re-install again. I wrote all my settings down and I think I lost them already :shifty:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back