Contribute
Register

The DEATHSTAR is almost fully operational, EXCEPT....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte x299 Gaming 7
CPU
i9-7940X
Graphics
Vega Frontier Air
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello hackintoshers! Or is it hackintoshists?? I'll have to think about that... Anyhoo.

Specs: i5-760, Gigabyte P55M UD4 f11 bios, Sapphire Vapor 5770, 4GB Corsair RAM, not exactly THE DEATHSTAR but bare with me...

I followed tonys awesome guide to the T (iBoot 2.5 + Multibeast 3.2 = THANK YOU TONY!!!), or at least I think I did because my system seems to work perfectly (all ports, specs, HDs, and fans/temps recognized) except...

A) I can't boot without the iBoot CD in the drive. Without the CD, It gets to the gray ? screen and then kernel panics almost immediately.

B) When I put the computer to sleep it reboots :(

C) My rear audio port doesn't work but the one on the front of my case works perfectly :oops:

I was so happy when I finished the last of the steps I started crying with joy and feel like I overlooked something (no joke, actual tear drops). I have been working on computers doing video production since 2001-2002, but this is my first PC build/Hackintosh (built last weekend!!). I know with these things it's all about the details, and from the research I have done people seem to have had similar problems but not the same build. Any help would be appreciated and thanks so much for taking the time to read the exploits of a total noob :D

love,
animal

To solve B go to Energy Saver preferences, and tick the third option that says "Start up automatically after a power failure". And make sure your BIOS is set to S3(STR).

For A - which bootloader are you installing from MultiBeast?

(no idea about C)

greetings and many thanks :wave:

A) I am using Chameleon RC5 2.0 r748 - ATI Experimental

B) I tried looking for the option you mentioned (start up after power failure) but couldn't find it in my bios. I attached a screen shot of where it's supposed to be. I had already had the S3(STR) option turned on after reading somewhere that it was necessary.

C) Darn. Weird stuff.... :think:

Attachments

• IMG_0261.JPG
    IMG_0261.JPG
    788.5 KB · Views: 202
animalflynn said:
Hello hackintoshers! Or is it hackintoshists?? I'll have to think about that... Anyhoo.

Specs: i5-760, Gigabyte P55M UD4 f11 bios, Sapphire Vapor 5770, 4GB Corsair RAM, not exactly THE DEATHSTAR but bare with me...

I followed tonys awesome guide to the T (iBoot 2.5 + Multibeast 3.2 = THANK YOU TONY!!!), or at least I think I did because my system seems to work perfectly (all ports, specs, HDs, and fans/temps recognized) except...

A) I can't boot without the iBoot CD in the drive. Without the CD, It gets to the gray ? screen and then kernel panics almost immediately.

B) When I put the computer to sleep it reboots :(

C) My rear audio port doesn't work but the one on the front of my case works perfectly :oops:

I was so happy when I finished the last of the steps I started crying with joy and feel like I overlooked something (no joke, actual tear drops). I have been working on computers doing video production since 2001-2002, but this is my first PC build/Hackintosh (built last weekend!!). I know with these things it's all about the details, and from the research I have done people seem to have had similar problems but not the same build. Any help would be appreciated and thanks so much for taking the time to read the exploits of a total noob :D

love,
animal
For A) launch MultiBeast and select system utilities and under bootloaders select the Chameleon 2.0 RC5 ATI Experimental bootloader and hit continue to install.

For a better answer to B) & C), did you download and install a DSDT from the forum database?

Thanks guys,

- I got the sleep working!!! Forgot to turn on the options in the energy saver preferences. Thanks for the heads up anyways!

Sidenote: The computer seemed to kernel panic if the "put hard disk to sleep whenever possible" option was checked. Has anyone else had this experience?

- I used a DSDT from this forum. The one for a Gigabyte P55M UD4 version f11.

- I have attached a screen shot of what happens when I booted via "-v".

I have been thinking about why this could be happening.... I have a second HDD that is plugged into SATA port 0, with my system drive plugged into port 1. Maybe if I plugged my boot drive into port 0 instead of forcing it via boot priority to port 0? Could that be the issue? Gonna give it a shot :think:

Attachments

• IMG_0262.JPG
    IMG_0262.JPG
    962.5 KB · Views: 159
animalflynn said:
Thanks guys,

- I got the sleep working!!! Forgot to turn on the options in the energy saver preferences. Thanks for the heads up anyways!

Sidenote: The computer seemed to kernel panic if the "put hard disk to sleep whenever possible" option was checked. Has anyone else had this experience?

- I used a DSDT from this forum. The one for a Gigabyte P55M UD4 version f11.

- I have attached a screen shot of what happens when I booted via "-v".

I have been thinking about why this could be happening.... I have a second HDD that is plugged into SATA port 0, with my system drive plugged into port 1. Maybe if I plugged my boot drive into port 0 instead of forcing it via boot priority to port 0? Could that be the issue? Gonna give it a shot :think:
Why are you using voodooHDA and HDAenabler instead of macman's audio kext? I thought your board had ALC889A?

For all intensive purposes I am completely new to this form of computing (hackintosh), so assume I know absolutely nothing. Are you saying that I only need one or the other? I know my board is 889a (the reason I bought it), but I have never heard of macmans kext.

I think I know how to go about getting rid of the extra audio extensions ( "/" >System>Library>Extensions) but a little guidance would help. Confidence levels are a bit low...

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back