Contribute
Register

The CustoCase Project [NEW PICS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The slot load drive seems kind of low, do you think it will interfere with the mobo or the PCIe card?

A vertical slot load like the apple cube (toaster style) would take up less space and allow for better air flow.

ptmays said:
The slot load drive seems kind of low, do you think it will interfere with the mobo or the PCIe card?

A vertical slot load like the apple cube (toaster style) would take up less space and allow for better air flow.

The only reason I did not do this was there are no real mounting instructions for and upside and the case was designed so that one could put a beast of a mini ITX in here and OC, if the drive were there it would end up possibly interfering with the amount of space left for a powerful cooler. Otherwise i definitely agree, plus its a harder task to construct a mount for a vertical drive. I am going to be doing all kinds of cases in the future hopefully I can get one to really work out cause i found a company that builds custom made designs for you.

What do you estimate the fabrication cost on this case are going to be?

ptmays said:
well depends on the changes I make, i will soon find out and report back when i can get an accurate number.

Looking very nice now. I think the original changes you are making are great and very logical.

Be nice to see the finished design.

ptmays said:

The quote I got was higher that I expected but I assume a smaller machine shop would do it for around 200-250 $ This is nowhere close to a manufacturable design, ATM it is mostly one piece if I was to consider making one manufacturable I would design it a bit differenly, but would still work the same.

minihack said:
Looking very nice now. I think the original changes you are making are great and very logical.

Be nice to see the finished design.

Thanks should be done and ready to start a new design by next week. I really enjoy this kind of stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back