Contribute
Register

The booting of the USB disk created with unibeast fails

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made further tests. I used another usb disk and I have reinstalled the mac os x installer there. This time,everytime that I restart the PC I see the UEFI version of the usb disk / mac os x installer. So,I reached a conclusion : the usb disk used before is not good. Or it is not compatible with the BIOS. But I haven't been able to start the installation of High Sierra,anyway,because the apple logo stucks on the screen and it stays there forever. Do you have a solution for this problem ? What should I do to activate the logging during the boot stage ?

I made further tests. I used another usb disk and I have reinstalled the mac os x installer there. This time,everytime that I restart the PC I see the UEFI version of the usb disk / mac os x installer. So,I reached a conclusion : the usb disk used before is not good. Or it is not compatible with the BIOS. But I haven't been able to start the installation of High Sierra,anyway,because the apple logo stucks on the screen and it stays there forever. Do you have a solution for this problem ? What should I do to activate the logging during the boot stage ?

This time,everytime that I restart the PC I see the UEFI version of the usb disk / mac os x installer.
Where?

But I haven't been able to start the installation of High Sierra,anyway,because the apple logo stucks on the screen and it stays there forever
Which screen?

• Apple logo appears early when you don't boot in verbose mode.
  • Apple logo covers up boot problems and is useless for troubleshooters.
  • It is meant for a trouble free system and Not for use during initial installation especially the ones plagued with prior boot failures as you have been having.

Unless you upload verbose boot screens along with your post to support or supplement your conclusions or show what you think is a boot problem seen on your computer screen, I doubt you will get any good help to fix your problem anytime soon.

How can I activate the verbose boot ?

Nothing to do. I'm back to the initial problem. The USB disk made with unibeast is not recognized as UEFI anymore. I'm not able to understand when it is and when not. It seems to be unpredictable. Even if I don't make changes on the BIOS settings,sometime it is recognized as UEFI and usb legacy,but often is recognized only as usb legacy.

I sent to you the screenshots to show you how I have configured the bios settings and how it looks the boot menu. (I'm not able to get the clover boot screen because I don't see the usb disk (this time is called "SANDISK CRUZER") in UEFI mode. I gone to my friend's house and I used his computer to see if it worked and yes,it worked. As soon as I have inserted the stick inside the usb port,the clover boot screen is appeared,even without changing any bios setting. Moreover, sometime I see annoying freezings when I restart the computer and I'm afraid that it caused by the attempts that I make. I'm believing that I have an unstable bios.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2017-12-14 at 10.43.12 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2017-12-14 at 10.43.12 AM.jpeg
    181.9 KB · Views: 69
  • WhatsApp Image 2017-12-14 at 10.43.29 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2017-12-14 at 10.43.29 AM.jpeg
    156.7 KB · Views: 75
  • WhatsApp Image 2017-12-14 at 10.44.47 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2017-12-14 at 10.44.47 AM.jpeg
    170.2 KB · Views: 74
  • WhatsApp Image 2017-12-14 at 10.45.17 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2017-12-14 at 10.45.17 AM.jpeg
    134.6 KB · Views: 77
  • WhatsApp Image 2017-12-14 at 10.47.17 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2017-12-14 at 10.47.17 AM.jpeg
    164.4 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
I sent to you the screenshots to show you how I have configured the bios settings and how it looks the boot menu. (I'm not able to get the clover boot screen because I don't see the usb disk (this time is called "SANDISK CRUZER") in UEFI mode. I gone to my friend's house and I used his computer to see if it worked and yes,it worked. As soon as I have inserted the stick inside the usb port,the clover boot screen is appeared,even without changing any bios setting. Moreover, sometime I see annoying freezings when I restart the computer and I'm afraid that it caused by the attempts that I make. I'm believing that I have an unstable bios.

• I have reviewed the images uploaded. VERY Hard to interpret as shots are NOT taken with the screen in full view to orient correctly.
    • You have omitted to include the full screen to show "listed items column" and only shown the "Selection column" in the image and therefore almost impossible for others to know what item each choice is indicating!
    • Compare your images with the ones I am uploading from my BIOS of GA-B85M-DS3H motherboard ( which is probably closer to your GA-Z87-HD3.)
  • Both Boards should have similar options for booting the High Sierra UEFI USB Flash disk
  • My High Sierra UEFI USB Flash disk is named "UEFI Flash"
  • Your High Sierra USB Disk "SANDISK CRUZER" is NOT shown in "BIOS Features">Boot Option Priorities " list as a "UEFI SANDISK Cruzer", it is seen as a "Legacy Boot Disk" without the UEFI Prefix.
    • Have you created this correctly as UEFI disk in Unibeast 8.1 or as Legacy?
  • Note in your BIOS Features , below Boot Option Priorities , there is a cluster of related items in which you have to configure "Boot Mode Selection" by choosing an option.
    • To boot in UEFI mode the choice is "UEFI ONLY" . (See my BIOS) Your choice is "UEFI and Legacy "
  • Try changing that to "UEFI ONLY" and Press F10 to save and boot and check F12. [See my corresponding image # 3. BIOS Features Other Options for UEFI booting labeled cmn699 BIOS Features ]
  • Compare your F12 Screen shot with My F12 screen shot. Mine shows UEFI Flash
I gone to my friend's house and I used his computer to see if it worked and yes,it worked. As soon as I have inserted the stick inside the usb port,the clover boot screen is appeared,even without changing any bios setting.
Comparing Apples to unknown Oranges!!! I cannot even imagine what type of computer your friend has , you have listed your hardware in your profile but said nothing about the computer you could boot your Installer disk and did not upload any images of its BIOS screens or CBM screen! I will consider the above line as you venting your frustration in this Forum as it does not add to any more information about your current problem.

Moreover, sometime I see annoying freezings when I restart the computer and I'm afraid that it caused by the attempts that I make. I'm believing that I have an unstable bios.
Possible. But no screen images loaded for any more comment about the cause.
What do you plan to do for your above conclusion of "unstable BIOS" based on your own observation?

Attachments

• JConnor-Boot Mode Selection.png
    JConnor-Boot Mode Selection.png
    259.2 KB · Views: 105
  • 1.BIOS Features UEFI USB First Boot Device.png
    1.BIOS Features UEFI USB First Boot Device.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 105
  • 2. UEFI Flash is the 2. BIOS Features High Sierra USB Flash Drive in Boot#1.png
    2. UEFI Flash is the 2. BIOS Features High Sierra USB Flash Drive in Boot#1.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 103
  • 3.Peripherals 1.png
    3.Peripherals 1.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 103
  • 4.Peripherals _Graphics Other Options for UEFI booting √Choice _USB FD Enabledto boot .png
    4.Peripherals _Graphics Other Options for UEFI booting √Choice _USB FD Enabledto boot .png
    1.2 MB · Views: 87
  • 5.Peripherals-3-Super IO_Serial Port.png
    5.Peripherals-3-Super IO_Serial Port.png
    735.1 KB · Views: 108
  • 6. F-12 Boot Device Selection Screen _UEFI USB Flash selected.png
    6. F-12 Boot Device Selection Screen _UEFI USB Flash selected.png
    850.8 KB · Views: 97
  • 7.CBM SDcreen Boot Device icons _1. High Siera USB Installer √.png
    7.CBM SDcreen Boot Device icons _1. High Siera USB Installer √.png
    778.4 KB · Views: 90
  • 8.CBM Scren_High Sierra System Disk 2.√.png
    8.CBM Scren_High Sierra System Disk 2.√.png
    776.1 KB · Views: 87
How can I show the screen in full view when I'm inside the bios settings ?

How can I show the screen in full view when I'm inside the bios settings ?
There is an option in the settings (f12 ?) to save images to a USB flash drive.

Here it is. I have applied the changes suggested and it didn't work. If I choose "boot mode selection / UEFI Only" the usk disk created with unibeast does not appear at all. And yes,when I ran unibeast,I have chosen "UEFI",not usb legacy. You can see by yourself on the attached images.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2017-12-15 at 1.30.43 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2017-12-15 at 1.30.43 AM.jpeg
    204.7 KB · Views: 77
  • WhatsApp Image 2017-12-15 at 1.42.18 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2017-12-15 at 1.42.18 AM.jpeg
    93.6 KB · Views: 76
  • WhatsApp Image 2017-12-15 at 1.43.21 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2017-12-15 at 1.43.21 AM.jpeg
    142.9 KB · Views: 76
  • WhatsApp Image 2017-12-15 at 1.44.49 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2017-12-15 at 1.44.49 AM.jpeg