Contribute
Register

The average Hackintosher age

How old are you?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
tinkerC said:
I can put that into a disk image autorun. He downloads a bit of YOUR_JOB_HERE software, opens it, and his drive is totaled. Would also work if a friend of his had some trial software he might find useful, so he plugged the USB flash drive in, and his HDD is now gone. Don't run an app, it is better if he runs my specialty virus: Install the format c script into the startup directory via a script that runs without any user touching the drive. Next time he starts up, his drive is a dead drive. Can be done even 2 days before the actual bug-activation time!

Tom

Wow, that's actually a pretty cool idea. But wouldn't that be really suspicious? A "virus" that formats the hard drive?

jimx86 said:
tinkerC said:
I can put that into a disk image autorun. He downloads a bit of YOUR_JOB_HERE software, opens it, and his drive is totaled. Would also work if a friend of his had some trial software he might find useful, so he plugged the USB flash drive in, and his HDD is now gone. Don't run an app, it is better if he runs my specialty virus: Install the format c script into the startup directory via a script that runs without any user touching the drive. Next time he starts up, his drive is a dead drive. Can be done even 2 days before the actual bug-activation time!

Tom

Wow, that's actually a pretty cool idea. But wouldn't that be really suspicious? A "virus" that formats the hard drive?

A evil virus indeed!

Tom

tinkerC said:
A evil virus indeed!

Tom

Haha, yeah. So, to get back on topic a little, it seems like the Tonymac Forum is a lot younger than I thought!

jimx86 said:
tinkerC said:
A evil virus indeed!

Tom

Haha, yeah. So, to get back on topic a little, it seems like the Tonymac Forum is a lot younger than I thought!

Cool! There is another teenager!

Tom

I was actually thinking around the 30-60 range, so it surprises me that so many are around the 20-30 range. I guess that's where most of the guys who just got some money and want a new build are.

Burninator said:
jimx86 said:
I guess that's where most of the guys who just got some moneydon't have a ton of money and want a new cheap build are.

Fixed.

Note this applies to me, not necessarily true for everyone ;)

Haha alright :)
I was thinking that they just got a job for a while and don't know what best to do with all that money in their pockets ;)

jimx86 said:
Burninator said:
jimx86 said:
I guess that's where most of the guys who just got some moneydon't have a ton of money and want a new cheap build are.

Fixed.

Note this applies to me, not necessarily true for everyone ;)

Haha alright :)
I was thinking that they just got a job for a while and don't know what best to do with all that money in their pockets ;)

I know, buy a real Mac!

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back