Contribute
Register

The 660 Ti Thread: Questions and Answers Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea I guess that's the best option at this point
reinstalling. question
so to do this best ill just boot in with unibeast
run multibeast like i normally do but with the inclusion of the 670/680/690 driver and the customization GE=NO - and i should be a-ok right?

I'll also probably use imac 12,2 and cuz im on uefi or whatever i wont need dsdt, i'll do my audio and my ethernet, my TRIM and usb and others separately one at a time, testing each time to see where the error starts. does that sound like a good idae?

reinstalling. question
so to do this best ill just boot in with unibeast
run multibeast like i normally do but with the inclusion of the 670/680/690 driver and the customization GE=NO - and i should be a-ok right?

I'll also probably use imac 12,2 and cuz im on uefi or whatever i wont need dsdt, i'll do my audio and my ethernet, my TRIM and usb and others separately one at a time, testing each time to see where the error starts. does that sound like a good idae?

Sounds great. Just make sure to wipe the drive clean install before you install ML. If you need to back up I'll suggest Time Machine

You seem to have a very....interesting setup. Anywho, if you can back up the data with Time Machine and reinstall, that may fix your problems. I had to install Lion 10 times before I finally got it up and running properly (yea......I messed up a lot)

Don't you have one of the easiest motherboards to install Mountain Lion? Why did it take you 10 times to get it perfect? Just Curious, I'm installing mine tonight.

Don't you have one of the easiest motherboards to install Mountain Lion? Why did it take you 10 times to get it perfect? Just Curious, I'm installing mine tonight.

I do but the board wasn't the problem. I messed up a lot by installing wrong kexts in multibeast as well as when I was trying to get my 1tb drive to be boot able, Cpukid00's guide was outdated and broke my system as well. 10 times was a bit of an exaggeration, but I did install Lion about 7 times

Thanks. Right now I'm on F3 so I've missed a lot

Now's the time for a great noobish question:

I have just completed the create-unibeast-bootable-usb-ML-dongle and am about to plug it in my new desktop. Should I remove the gtx660ti at this point, or could I just leave it in and continue the installation?

Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H
Kingston HyperX 8GB DDR3 ram
Intel® Core™ i7-3770 4x3.40GHz
GeForce GTX660Ti 2GB

Now's the time for a great noobish question:

I have just completed the create-unibeast-bootable-usb-ML-dongle and am about to plug it in my new desktop. Should I remove the gtx660ti at this point, or could I just leave it in and continue the installation?

Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H
Kingston HyperX 8GB DDR3 ram
Intel® Core™ i7-3770 4x3.40GHz
GeForce GTX660Ti 2GB

Try it. If it doesn't work, just plug out the two 6-Pins and leave it in your case

For the record,

I reformatted, reinstalled WITH card in the whole time ( 660ti 2gb msi ) and no issues.

sleep / wake is fine now, scores ~10k, opengl score ~65 fps (right where it was a few pages ago in my post)

Looks like it was just screwed up somewhere. if first you dont succeed, do it again the same way and magically it will work. if not, consult tonymac forums

thanks for the help

For the record,

I reformatted, reinstalled WITH card in the whole time ( 660ti 2gb msi ) and no issues.

sleep / wake is fine now, scores ~10k, opengl score ~65 fps (right where it was a few pages ago in my post)

Looks like it was just screwed up somewhere. if first you dont succeed, do it again the same way and magically it will work. if not, consult tonymac forums

thanks for the help

Awesome! It's great that your problems are all fixed, so now you can get on with your illustrating and designing (Oh yea, I saw your website)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back