Contribute
Register

The 660 Ti Thread: Questions and Answers Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte z390 Aorus Pro
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ok heres an update.

So after close examination, it seems to just be inconsistent. Sometimes it works and sometimes not. But it is dependant on the session. If it works fine during a session it will continue until I put my CPU to sleep. If it doesn't work it wont work until I put my CPU to sleep.

And putting my CPU to sleep doesn't guarantee that it will or won't work during the next session... It just randomly works or randomly won't.

But to fix or cause the problem I have to put my CPU to sleep.

Could that be some sort of power management issue? Sometimes my PSU will send the GPU enough power to run Final Cut effects after wake up... sometimes not?

Any ideas?

Motherboard
Mac OSX Mountain Lion
CPU
i7 Ivybridge
Graphics
GTX 560
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I am getting this amazing checkerboard crash on a consistent basis with my Hackintosh machine. See attached image. Most often it occurs when dealing with images with in Adobe Premier. However it has occurred at other times, like in the attached example during rendering.

Machine Specs:
Processor: 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2048 MB
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP4-TH
I am also using a Dual DVI 2k monitor (if that matters)

I have seen some other people post in this tread with similar issues, but I couldn't find a clear answer, many people seem to eventually give up and change some hardware and it goes away.

Any help is much appreciated.

Attachments

• 20140327_112035.jpg
    20140327_112035.jpg
    733.5 KB · Views: 172
Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UD5H (F14) Rev. 1.1
CPU
I5-2500K
Graphics
GTX 660 Ti 3GB
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just installed 660 TI 3GB in. After disabling IGFX and editing my smbios to Mac Pro 3,1, everything seems to be working quite well OOB using 2 DVI-D ports: Sleep, Wake, QE/CI, Flash, Dual-Screen, etc...

I get a very weird Flickering distortion that happens in Final Cut Pro X 10.0.9

When I add any kind of effect to the video it just starts spazzing. Anyone has any idea what it could be?

I took the liberty of testing it out on my system. I just tried a few effects and transitions for fun and everything seems to work just fine here.

I'm running Final Cut Pro X 10.0.8 on Mavericks 10.9.4.
BS8TzuG.png

Status
Not open for further replies.