Contribute
Register

The 660 Ti Thread: Questions and Answers Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have 660TI on Mavericks with fully working sleep? Problem I have is that often after sleep I get scrambled desktop image and PC freezes. That’s the last thing left from having fully functioning hackintosh…

I don't have sleep working, but I never did before Mavericks and still don't. Probably my mobo, GA-Z77X-UD5H.

I actually had another question. I recently upgraded to an Asus GTX660Ti-DC2O, 2GB version. I actually seem to have more random pauses/spinning beachball in Aperture than I did before with my ASUS HD6670, which was a much slower card, 1GB RAM, no power directly from PSU needed.

Since the Mavericks update, I haven't been able to use Novabench (freezes at Integer test) or LuxMark (doesn't work at all). Anyone else have similar issues? I wasn't sure if this was a GPU thing, or maybe those programs just need to be updated for 10.9.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121767
[h=1]Asus GTX660 TI-DC2OC-3GD5[/h]Is this card compatible with OSX?

3.jpg2.jpg1.jpg

Does anyone have 660TI on Mavericks with fully working sleep? Problem I have is that often after sleep I get scrambled desktop image and PC freezes. That’s the last thing left from having fully functioning hackintosh…

I have the same issue... if I use the "darkwake=0" flag then the system won't deep sleep, but it will act almost normal... unless I choose the sleep option from the desktop drop down menu. With ML I was able to remove the dark wake flag, and sleep worked 100%... does anyone have this working with this graphics card?

I have the same problem... Sleep was working completely in ML, without the darkwake=0 flag... anyone else have this problem or a solution?

Ok, I searched and tried different things, (ie.. edited AGPM, different SMBIOS) but I'm at a loss for getting GPU Power management working under Mavericks (10.9.1). Everything works fine, just don't like seeing the GPU running full power all the time. I've decided to go back to Mountain Lion, as everything works perfectly, unless someone can guide me in the right direction to get my 660Ti to throttle correctly. I'm asking for help, thanks!

Update:

I've added an attachment that shows AGPM is loaded, but not working correctly. Look at the GPU Temp and Freq.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-01-01 at 1.25.28 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-01-01 at 1.25.28 PM.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 225
Ok, I searched and tried different things, (ie.. edited AGPM, different SMBIOS) but I'm at a loss for getting GPU Power management working under Mavericks (10.9.1). Everything works fine, just don't like seeing the GPU running full power all the time. I've decided to go back to Mountain Lion, as everything works perfectly, unless someone can guide me in the right direction to get my 660Ti to throttle correctly. I'm asking for help, thanks!

Update:

I've added an attachment that shows AGPM is loaded, but not working correctly. Look at the GPU Temp and Freq.

I just had my 660 ti die after one month of use, I wonder if this was my issue... I am awaiting a warranty replacement, I will now then if I have the same issue as you... My CPU (Q6600)is showing good temps (30 on idle, 40 on load) and 6x 9x cycling... Please post if found solution

AGPM is not loaded on my Hack. I've had so many other issues that it was never on my radar.

Originally it had 32 gigs of RAM and it locked up under fcpx constantly. EVGA replaced the video card and it continued to be unstable. Last week I removed the DIMMS and started with 2 and it worked perfectly. There's something screwy with 32 gigs of RAM and this board. I used Corsair Vengeance DIMMS - 4x4. Switched out the RAM to the other pair and it contines to work perfectly. I use Win 7 on the same machine by swapping out the SSD on the front panel and now the machines runs smoothly.

This morning I added the other 2 DIMMS and the machine started then shut down roller coaster fashion. I'm going to RMA the DIMMS and see if that's been the issue. I'll load the HW monitor and see what transpires though I've only used iStat menus.
===========
BTW I failed to mention that I use the identical 660TI on may MacPro 2008 tower. Black screen boot, even with latest Mavericks, and it has never been a problem. The Hack has no issues with the change to 16 gigs of RAM. Probably the way the board handes Dim profiles; FCPX, of course, locks when anything other than stock FCPS 10.1.1 effects are added. The real suspect is the addins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back