Contribute
Register

Testing Thread: Skylake Platform in OS X

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't boot from the Unibeast-made USB in a Gigabyte B150-HDR mobo, I already disabled safeboot option on BIOS, does anyone know why?

Please check the motherboard part number as I do not see a Gigabyte B150-HDR on the Gigabyte web site.

Good modding,
neil

it's a Gigabyte B150-HD3 Sorry :rolleyes:

I have tried disabling safeboot. I have set the boot options on Legacy, Disabled and UEFI only and it just doesnt't boot.

AsRock H170M Pro4 Boot stuck

Hi, I haven't been able to boot after installation. It gets stuck after some "ARPT:" Bluetooth messages. I attach the boot screen here. IMG_3566.jpg

A while after this messages the screen goes black with a prohibited sign and "Still Waiting for root device"

I have tried different combinations of -f, nv_disable=1 (Was successful after Unibeast to load Multibeast), nvda_drv=1, USBBusFix=Yes, cpus=1 None of those work now. I'm keeping active USBFixOwnership (needed to boot).

What do you suggest? Is there a way to turn off kexts one by one to isolate the problem? I got my system running the first time! it's so exciting and frustating at the same time o_O

AsRock H170M Pro4.
Gigabyte GTX960 Mini
Samsung 950 Pro m.2
Fenvi Dual Band 802.11AC Wireless WIFI PCI Express PCI-E Adapter Card + Bluetooth 4.0

Thanks for any tip!

K.

In case anyone else is having these problems, I thought I would report that iMessage and Sleep are both now working on my board. I am not sure what made the difference, the two things I have done recently are upgrade the BIOS to 1302, and to DISABLE the USB Legacy setting in the BIOS. (I did the latter to see if I could use my DAS Keyboard in the BIOS, and it seems I now can, but I have lost the ability to use it with the Clover screen.) It is also possible that my overclock settings are different, as a result of the BIOS upgrade, though my Geekbench is about the same as usual.

The keyboard still works fine in OS X though. Weird huh?

In any case it is now in every way better than the Mac Pro 3,1 it replaced, since that one also could not sleep, and with the NVIDIA card in it, I could not even see a boot screen.

Hi, I haven't been able to boot after installation. It gets stuck after some "ARPT:" Bluetooth messages. I attach the boot screen here. View attachment 171900

A while after this messages the screen goes black with a prohibited sign and "Still Waiting for root device"

I have tried different combinations of -f, nv_disable=1 (Was successful after Unibeast to load Multibeast), nvda_drv=1, USBBusFix=Yes, cpus=1 None of those work now. I'm keeping active USBFixOwnership (needed to boot).

What do you suggest? Is there a way to turn off kexts one by one to isolate the problem? I got my system running the first time! it's so exciting and frustating at the same time o_O

AsRock H170M Pro4.
Gigabyte GTX960 Mini
Samsung 950 Pro m.2
Fenvi Dual Band 802.11AC Wireless WIFI PCI Express PCI-E Adapter Card + Bluetooth 4.0

Thanks for any tip!

K.

After doing a full clean install the problem persisted. What fixed the problem was replacing the CLOVER folder of the Installed Hard Disk with the one in the Unibeast USB. Now it's booting and running ok! (haven't tested everything).

RAM DIMMs were recognized in OSX at only half its capacity causing problems with Photoshop (like accessing preferences dialog). Adding memory specifications at SMBIOS section of config.plist solved it! (Thanks to ammulder and his awesome Skylake Starter Guide).

Thanks for this amazing community!

K.

Last edited:
Has anyone had success getting both Ethernet ports to work on the GA-Z170X-UD5?

I'm using the IntelMausi kext as recommended earlier in this thread, and LAN2 ( Intel219) is working great. (As viewed from the back panel, it's the one above the USB Type-C port)

But I would like to get the other port working as well. It's the one controlled by the Intel211 (in the main chipset I believe. As viewed from the back panel, it's the one above the USB 3.0 and 3.1 ports.)

This is on El Capitan 10.11.2, i7 6700k. Clover bootloader.

thanks
bgd

[EDIT]

found the answer in this thread:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-desktop-guides/178197-guide-el-capitan-skylake-h170n-wifi.html

"
  1. If you want to enable the i211 Ethernet port above the USB Type C port, select Drivers/Network/Intel/AppleIGB" (in Multibeast)

Last edited:
Hi Guys!
Yesterday as usual I tried to boot into my Hackintosh. But I got black screen (monitor going to sleep during startup). Before, I fixed this using step 4 by nvidia web driver guide and had set the BIOS to "Multi-Monitor = Disabled". So yesterday I spent time to try to fix this, but without result. But I found one detail -

When I change AppleGraphicsControl kext and make "sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel" - I getting "link failed error (5)" and "kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062". I checked bootable arguments, kext-dev-mode was present.

After reinstalling system I doesn't resolve this issue. I have 2 working clover config. First - SMBIOS trust (current), second - SMBIOS from first page of current topic. So please help me accelerate nvidia card.

P.S. Yesterday I got package from China with broadcom wireless chip. So after reinstall I have airport wifi (It is not related to nvidia display issue).

Hi Guys!
Yesterday as usual I tried to boot into my Hackintosh. But I got black screen (monitor going to sleep during startup). Before, I fixed this using step 4 by nvidia web driver guide and had set the BIOS to "Multi-Monitor = Disabled". So yesterday I spent time to try to fix this, but without result. But I found one detail -

When I change AppleGraphicsControl kext and make "sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel" - I getting "link failed error (5)" and "kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062". I checked bootable arguments, kext-dev-mode was present.

After reinstalling system I doesn't resolve this issue. I have 2 working clover config. First - SMBIOS trust (current), second - SMBIOS from first page of current topic. So please help me accelerate nvidia card.

P.S. Yesterday I got package from China with broadcom wireless chip. So after reinstall I have airport wifi (It is not related to nvidia display issue).

Anybody?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-01-17 at 9.32.31 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-17 at 9.32.31 AM.png
    47.9 KB · Views: 204
Have you installed the web drivers, for your GPU? if not you need to boot with nv_disable=1 or with your intergrated gpu and install the web drivers, using clover config check Nvda_drv=1 in the boot section.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...raphics-drivers-os-x-10-11-2-346-03-04-a.html

Yes, I have. Also I used nvda_drv=1. My monitor goes to sleep on boot. On another forum people give me advice to disable SIP. I do this. But I still haven't result. Before I use step4 from solving nvidia topic. But for now it not works. Two days I searching solution. For now I have 100500 different configs for clover... Also I tried to use Pike patch for apple graphics. And nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back