Contribute
Register

Testing Thread: GeForce GTX 660

Status
Not open for further replies.
I havent slow wake times. well they are longer then on my Macbook due to ssd but not 6 mins

Hi,
I opened a separate thread for this, but wanted to ask here too - how long does your card take to wake from sleep?? Mine takes forever (6 minutes!) and I want to see if it is card issue or a system setting.....

Use system definition Imac 12.2 or 12.1 dvi or hdmi port(vga is not working right) if ur using hd4000.
For gtx 660 boot with GraphicsEnabler=No(no white screen) and system definition Imac 12.2

Thanks for the suggestions. It was simply a DSDT issue that I have sorted out now. Sleeps and wakes fine now......:)

Hello , new to this , I installed successfully ML 10.8 with sound , video , printer , internet with a GTX 460 .

I upgrade it to 10.8.2

I bought a GTX 660 and I tried to enter to the previous installed 10.8.2 ML but no matter what option I use I always get the multilingual Please Restart your Computer , Press and Hold the Button etc. etc.

I get the same error trying to make a fresh install from usb , I have a ML 10.8 USB

My question is how do you install the Nvidia Drivers ?? You r able to login into ML after a fresh install using a GTX 660 ?? Or do you need to use an old card and then install the new nvidia drivers , then replace the video card with a gtx 660 and viola ???

My specs :

MSI P67A-G43(b3)
i5-2500K
8GB DDR3 Corsair
1TB Seagate sata III HD
500 GB Seagate Sata II HD
Sony Optiarc BD5300S - BD-RW
EVGA GTX 660 SC

Hello , new to this , I installed successfully ML 10.8 with sound , video , printer , internet with a GTX 460 .

I upgrade it to 10.8.2

I bought a GTX 660 and I tried to enter to the previous installed 10.8.2 ML but no matter what option I use I always get the multilingual Please Restart your Computer , Press and Hold the Button etc. etc.

I get the same error trying to make a fresh install from usb , I have a ML 10.8 USB

My question is how do you install the Nvidia Drivers ?? You r able to login into ML after a fresh install using a GTX 660 ?? Or do you need to use an old card and then install the new nvidia drivers , then replace the video card with a gtx 660 and viola ???

My specs :

MSI P67A-G43(b3)
i5-2500K
8GB DDR3 Corsair
1TB Seagate sata III HD
500 GB Seagate Sata II HD
Sony Optiarc BD5300S - BD-RW
EVGA GTX 660 SC

It is easiest to do the whole initial install either with internal graphics - if you have them - or with another card. Make sure you do not select any Nvidia options from Multibeast as they may interfere with the new card. Then install the Nvidia graphics from the nvidia site and then restart. At that point the 660 should be recognised fine.

I hope this helps........

Hopefully Apple may include the drivers for 660 in their next release and we will then not need to separately install from Nvidia.

It is easiest to do the whole initial install either with internal graphics - if you have them - or with another card. Make sure you do not select any Nvidia options from Multibeast as they may interfere with the new card. Then install the Nvidia graphics from the nvidia site and then restart. At that point the 660 should be recognised fine.

I hope this helps........

Hopefully Apple may include the drivers for 660 in their next release and we will then not need to separately install from Nvidia.

Thanks for the help , i did exactly what you told and it works !! Thank You , hope Apple launches OS X 10.8.3 and as you said no need separate install from nvidia , that way I can sell my 2 GTX 460 and buy another GTX 660 , Regards and Happy Hackintosh hehe

Thanks minihack

Confirm your method.

I still had the problem I mentioned a few pages before about the distorted image on HD4000 using HDMI.
Get the HD4000 worked via HDMI but only with 1080P resolution. When i changed the resolution then distorted image. I've also got it to work with DVI adapter to hdmi with any resolution without problems except for the audio.

So finally I forgot the HD4000 and proceeded to install the GTX 660.

First I installed MultiBeast (UserDSDT, ALC882, ... Do not check any nvidia option in MultiBeast). Before restarting nvidia drivers installed 304.00.05f02

Resetting had problems with graphics enabler = yes (I forgot selected it before) and I run again multibeast to select Graphics Enabler = No. Then turn off the system, install the graphics and I went to the asus bios where change:

Graphic: iGPU (before) to Auto (to use both: HD4000 or GTX 660)
The iGPU memory was changed from 64 MB (before) to automatic. Reboot again, and graphic works.
Only a problem. My logitech mouse now works with more lag or freeze. The logitech dinovo mini works well.

Now I need to try several benchmark programs.
About noise, very very good and 30 ° C of temperature.

Sleep and Wake works without doing anything.

Now I only need the HDMI audio to work around me.
I will try doing a DSDT with Tooleda post. I'm totally noob on this but i hope to fix this final issue.

I'm very glad to have bought this card. Thanks so much for the info..

Regards. ;)

Another sucessfull install of GTX660 from gigabyte (with nvidia drivers on 10.8.2)

But my boot become very slow. (It was very fast with intel HD 4000)
There is a long waiting time at this moment : (see boot.png)

Have you the same problem ?

What do you use with gtx660 to control fan speed ?

Attachments

• boot.jpg
    boot.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 174
Yes, boot times are slower than with just internal graphics.

I don't think there are any working utilities under OS X for Nvidia fan speed for the Kepler cards (either reading it or controlling it). If anyone knows a method then please share....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back