Contribute
Register

Testing Thread: GeForce GTX 660

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello i found a good deal second hand on palit gtx660 2GB cause yesterday my 8800GT (10 Years in hackintosh!) got finally toasted for good!
Because i am used in the temps of 8800GT (there was problem also in Fan) that were in idle around 70C! i am not sure if hwmonitor gives correct temp for gtx660?
Is GPU Die the gtx660 temp? cause it seems very low to me. (idle 39 at the moment so maybe this it is accurate?)
Onboard gfx is disabled.

Something else:
Yesterday i had a strange "crash" (no kp) but the display freeze so i had to restart and i am a little bit worried ...
never had problems with the old 8800GT so far and i have this card long time in hackintoses (since 10.4 but as a permanent OSX system since 10.5 leopard)
Install method for gtx660 was a modified nvidia webdriver for 10.9.1 (still love mavericks old school) so i do not know if this was the problem.
After restart i switched to OSX Default gfx driver from nvidia panel and i will see how it goes ...

Should i know anything else for this card?
Those are my kernel flags:
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=10 -v dart=0</string>

upload_2017-1-30_12-52-11.png

Hello i found a good deal second hand on palit gtx660 2GB cause yesterday my 8800GT (10 Years in hackintosh!) got finally toasted for good!
Because i am used in the temps of 8800GT (there was problem also in Fan) that were in idle around 70C! i am not sure if hwmonitor gives correct temp for gtx660?
Is GPU Die the gtx660 temp? cause it seems very low to me. (idle 39 at the moment so maybe this it is accurate?)
Onboard gfx is disabled.

Something else:
Yesterday i had a strange "crash" (no kp) but the display freeze so i had to restart and i am a little bit worried ...
never had problems with the old 8800GT so far and i have this card long time in hackintoses (since 10.4 but as a permanent OSX system since 10.5 leopard)
Install method for gtx660 was a modified nvidia webdriver for 10.9.1 (still love mavericks old school) so i do not know if this was the problem.
After restart i switched to OSX Default gfx driver from nvidia panel and i will see how it goes ...

Should i know anything else for this card?
Those are my kernel flags:
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=10 -v dart=0</string>

View attachment 233492

Not quite sure on why you're using Nvidia Web drivers they are not needed. Mavericks has full support for the GTX660. GPU Die looks fine mine hangs around 39c.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back