Contribute
Register

Testing Thread: GeForce GTX 660

Status
Not open for further replies.
For 660 ti it's the same?(changing vendor id obviously)

Do you mean device ID? Yes, you can try and experiment with the same values. Just replace the device ID with the one that matches your 660 ti. Go to System profiler/Graphics to see the device ID for your GPU. A word of caution though: these values may work only for the EVGA GTX 660 SC (non-ti) model, and while they seem to work OK, I cannot verify that they are all absolutely correct values.

Tuning and understanding the optimal values for the variables is still a work in progress, but there are some very clever people on these forums that are working on it. I think we'll soon have some good knowledge on this matter.

I've got the GTX 660 in and updated to 10.8.3 and I'm having a bizaar problem.

The card displays picture with DVI and HDMI but not Displayport (running Apple Cinema Display via Mini Displayport to Displayport converter that everyone else is using).

Tried two different GPU's, Mobos and Displayport converters and I'm still not getting picture via DP. Thoughts? I'm THIS close!

I've got the GTX 660 in and updated to 10.8.3 and I'm having a bizaar problem.

The card displays picture with DVI and HDMI but not Displayport (running Apple Cinema Display via Mini Displayport to Displayport converter that everyone else is using).

Tried two different GPU's, Mobos and Displayport converters and I'm still not getting picture via DP. Thoughts? I'm THIS close!

Have you tried the usuals? Deleting old drivers, only running off displayport, using displayport on your motherboard if you have it, reinstalling OS X?

I can certify that displayport works with my GTX 660 in 10.8.3.

what will AGPM do for this card? Im not even sure i know what AGPM is?

I did oc my evga sc 660s bios to 1228mgz and 6160 ram with the kepler bios tweaker. Im not sure if its really helping much though. what are your guy's scores?

Would there be any benefit to getting AGPM enabled for this card? I mean, while I am seeing the "[AGPM Controller] unknownPlatform" message in the system log on boot (iMac 13,2 smbios), the GPU does switch between power states depending on usage, e.g. very low power (35-ish watts) when idling on desktop, and high power (180+ watts) during gaming. Now that is already working at least at some level, would there be any point in trying to make native power management to work on this card?

I was already trying to figure out the correct values for my GTX 660 SC. I booted into Windows and used GPU-Z to save the GPU BIOS ROM into file. Then I opened the file with Kepler BIOS Tweaker and looked at Boost Table and Boost and Clock States. All excited, I was comparing the values to the ones listed for iMac 2012 GPUs in the info.plist file inside the AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext, and during my brief "Beautiful Mind" moment I thought I saw some logic to them but then realized I really have no idea what I'm doing. :banghead: :lol:

[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/LEFT]

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-04-07 at 11.52.19 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-04-07 at 11.52.19 PM.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 202
  • Screen Shot 2013-04-07 at 11.51.57 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-04-07 at 11.51.57 PM.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 227
  • Screen Shot 2013-04-07 at 11.41.38 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-04-07 at 11.41.38 PM.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 164
  • Screen Shot 2013-04-08 at 12.01.40 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-04-08 at 12.01.40 AM.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 182
I have a MSI GTX 660 Twin Frozr OC on 10.8.3.
Every 3 seconds, if I'm using it, the mouse jumps.
What can I do ?

EDIT: resolved!
I swapped the dvi cable from dvi-i to dvi-d.
I have a 27" crossover with 1440p resolution.

BTW Sleep and wake seems perfect!

EDIT2: I dont think it was the cable. It's Quicktime 7. Even if it'open without any video running.

Hi, I have a UEFI motherboard and was looking into flashing my MSI Twin Frozr GTX 660 to a UEFI bios so I could have a secure windows boot. If you go to the MSI Forums and follow their request procedure a nice admin will match a UEFI bios for your card.

I used NVFlash to install it, and afterwards noticed my card was able to display native resolution (1920x1080) for my OS X boot screen along with my Clover boot menu (with no black border around the screen). This is using the DVI output of the card.

Don't know if this a common problem but for those who have noticed this, have an MSI card and don't mind flashing their GPU bios, it might be worth a try. Sorry if this has already been posted elsewhere.

Just installed my brand new MSI GTX 660 Twin Frozr OC 2 Gb on my 10.8.3.
GraphicsEnabler=no
Installed CUDA drivers 5.0.45. Now I have two problems :

1. CUDA prefs pane starts as each session login telling me "Update Required" while there's none available. WTF ? It does not seem blocked into Little Snitch so I can't see why it bugs me.

2. CUDA-Z crashes / kernel panics when testing for a few seconds. Looks like unstable :banghead:

Btw, LuxMark 2.0 just executes fine. I know it uses OpenCL and not CUDA but it probably show it's not an hardware problem.

Help appreciated as I throw 180 bucks into this....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back