Contribute
Register

Testing Clover, not quite sure where to start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the advice - I have tried Toleda's patch then the MB7.3 drivers - still no go. As for the above values, I am a noob when it comes to editing my config.plist... I do not know what values to put in for MLB or ROM.

Any suggestions on what I should include? Thanks!

I was finally able to get my audio working. My only issue now is iMessage.

Yosemite and Clover are a "Cakewalk" on this board... Install your kext to S/L/E (no reason for NullCPUPowerManagement). Remove/unistall "iStat Menus, Intego Internet Security X8, Drobo Dashboard, Dropbox, and 1Password" and reinstall one at a time after you get the box up and stable...

I wish I found it to be as easy as you say. Every time I would get it working, something would happen and it would cause the system to not boot into OS X.

After spending 4 days trying to get it to work (i.e. have a stable machine), I have given up on Clover and have changed back to Unibeast/Multibeast and will just live without iMessage. I appreciate all the work being done on Clover, but until it is more mature, I would only recommend it to those who want to be on the bleeding edge or MUST have iMessage. I definitely see its potential, but it will only be viable (at least for me) when you do not have to meddle with the individual files to get it to work.

I wish I found it to be as easy as you say. Every time I would get it working, something would happen and it would cause the system to not boot into OS X.

After spending 4 days trying to get it to work (i.e. have a stable machine), I have given up on Clover and have changed back to Unibeast/Multibeast and will just live without iMessage. I appreciate all the work being done on Clover, but until it is more mature, I would only recommend it to those who want to be on the bleeding edge or MUST have iMessage. I definitely see its potential, but it will only be viable (at least for me) when you do not have to meddle with the individual files to get it to work.

Clover is very mature at this point. But you do need to configure it correctly for your hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back