Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Good morning all,
I've been thinking about this for a while, but with 10.10's release and complete lack of any solution for iMessage/Facetime with Chameleon, I'm looking at moving over to Clover. My 10.10 installation is working fine (except iMessage/Facetime) using Tony's latest Unibeast and Multibeast, so I'm leaving that in place for now, and I've tried creating a USB bootloader for Clover. I get to the bootloader, but that's about it. I'm a total noob when it comes to Clover, so I'm not sure where to go next.

I've followed the walkthrough to the best of my abilities for Clover test drive (sticky in this thread).

My MB is a Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3.
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 HD 1280 MB
Ethernet: Marvell Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E8053 Singleport Copper SA (Mac OSX Native, no additional kexts needed)
BIOS - Gigabyte UEFI Bios

So, I set up the basics via the test drive thread, and I am able to get to the Clover bootloader. When I select my drive, it does load for a while, but I eventually get a circle with a cross through it and it stops. I'm not sure where to go from here. Suggestions? I downloaded Clover Configurator, but it's rather confusing.

Slight update. Tony posted a slight update for Clover this morning. I had to change a few minor things, but I'm still stuck.

I appear to be stuck at

geforcesensors still waiting for accelerators to start
still waiting for root device

I'm booting off of a USB 2.0 thumb drive.

Slight update. Tony posted a slight update for Clover this morning. I had to change a few minor things, but I'm still stuck.

I appear to be stuck at

I'm booting off of a USB 2.0 thumb drive.

Follow the Clover guide in the Forum Guides for post installation to install Clover to the SSD. Use the config.plist at the end of the post. Edit the graphics section to change ATI=True to ATI=False, Intel=True to Intel=False and nVidia=False to nVidia=True

Put your DSDT if you have one in EFI/ACPI/Patched
Create a EFI/Kexts/10.10 folder and put your network kext and FakeSMC.kext there - it is all in the guide. Post results.

Is there a download section on this site for the Kexts used in multibeast? The only reason I ask is that I was prepping to do a test install with clover and noticed that the version linked in Tony's article were fairly old and I don't believe the FakeSMC is valid with Yosemite.

Is there a download section on this site for the Kexts used in multibeast? The only reason I ask is that I was prepping to do a test install with clover and noticed that the version linked in Tony's article were fairly old and I don't believe the FakeSMC is valid with Yosemite.
FakeSMC is required for ALL versions of OS X to run on PC hardware as there is no EFI chip on PC mainboards.
There are links in the clover guide to every kext you need.

Follow the Clover guide in the Forum Guides for post installation to install Clover to the SSD. Use the config.plist at the end of the post. Edit the graphics section to change ATI=True to ATI=False, Intel=True to Intel=False and nVidia=False to nVidia=True

Put your DSDT if you have one in EFI/ACPI/Patched
Create a EFI/Kexts/10.10 folder and put your network kext and FakeSMC.kext there - it is all in the guide. Post results.

Going Bald,
Thanks for replying. I did follow the guides:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/alternate-bootloaders/127134-test-drive-how-create-clover-usb.html

and

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html

As I alluded to in my original post, I have a running system using Chimera/Chameleon, so I don't want to install Clover to my running system until I'm sure everything is correct with the USB boot.

I am not using a DSDT
I created the 10.10 Folder per Tony's post, and added FakeSMC.kext and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
I removed VBoxHfs-64.efi and added HFSPlus.efi, per Step 2, 24 of Tony's guide.
My Network card works with OSX natively (no kext needed)
I used Clover Configurator and edited the graphics section for Nvidia (using one of the example config.plists). It matches your recommendations
I used lexone's post to configure the SMBIOS section of Clover Configurator to match my working MacPro 3,1 config, however, the ROM and MLB values from iMessage were missing. Gave me an error.

The result, is the circle with a line through it after about a minute of the Apple screen and the load bar coming up to about 30%.

The result, is the circle with a line through it after about a minute of the Apple screen and the load bar coming up to about 30%.

This usually means that the bootloader can't find a system disk (kernel?). Try booting in verbose mode (add "-v" to boot flags in config.plist) to see if you find anything else out.

This usually means that the bootloader can't find a system disk (kernel?). Try booting in verbose mode (add "-v" to boot flags in config.plist) to see if you find anything else out.

I did that yesterday, it stops and the text of the verbose gets all pixilated after:

FakeSMC is required for ALL versions of OS X to run on PC hardware as there is no EFI chip on PC mainboards.
There are links in the clover guide to every kext you need.

I understand that. What I am referring to is the kexts linked in the clover guide on this site are out of date. They are not the same version that are shipped with the newest version of Multibeast. For example the FakeSMC is not new enough to have all new Yosemite modifications in it.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=11

I understand I can find these elsewhere but it would be nice to have them in one spot.

I understand that. What I am referring to is the kexts linked in the clover guide on this site are out of date. They are not the same version that are shipped with the newest version of Multibeast. For example the FakeSMC is not new enough to have all new Yosemite modifications in it.

If you want the kexts from the installers embedded in Multibeast, then just do something like this.

1) Install/open Pacifist ( https://www.charlessoft.com ).
2) Find Multibeast in the finder, right/option click and choose "Show Package Contents".
3) Navigate to Resources folder inside the app, and you will see a list of installer packages.
4) Select the installer for the kext you are interested in and open it with Pacifist (here you can right click on the installer and choose "open with", or drag and drop the installer package onto the pacifist app in the dock or the finder).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back