Contribute
Register

Testers with Ivy ProBooks needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
The script works (so does the modified kext) and is quite a safe bet it will work in the future too, since it modifies a "configuration table" that Apple is not likely to change. So my suggestion would be to try implement the script and not the kexts, but is up to you "PBI maintainers".

It's generally a good idea to include this patch, instead of a pre-patched kexts, that's a lot of package payload, which could be removed from the Installer. The only reason I haven't done it so far is because I'm not sure will these patches work on all versions of these kexts.

It's generally a good idea to include this patch, instead of a pre-patched kexts, that's a lot of package payload, which could be removed from the Installer. The only reason I haven't done it so far is because I'm not sure will these patches work on all versions of these kexts.
As I said it is quite a safe bet we are making here... But we can not know what Apple does in the future.
But even in the case that the script does not work nothing big will go wrong for the user (just no hdmi or hdmi sound...), not a huge issue for the early "updaters".

As I said it is quite a safe bet we are making here... But we can not know what Apple does in the future.
But even in the case that the script does not work nothing big will go wrong for the user (just no hdmi or hdmi sound...), not a huge issue for the early "updaters".

As far as I know, these perl patches are looking for a specific pattern and if/when they find it, they replaced it. But it this pattern is not in the file, this line of the script will fail, and then the script and the whole package will fail. And patches like this one could be dangerous, that's why I prefer to use pre-patched kexts instead of scripts (at least for these four: AppleHDA.kext, AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and the two framebuffers AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext and AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext), they take more room in the package, but they are tested and proven working and it doesn't take much time to be prepared. Once prepared, they can be used until the next update.

Bump..
If the mod could rename this thread in something that made more sense, like "Final: Unified AppleIntelFramebufferCapri for Ivy ProBooks". And maybe the original "Unified AppleIntelFramebufferCapri for Ivy ProBooks" to something like "Old: Unified AppleIntelFramebufferCapri for Ivy ProBooks", would be amazing.

Anyways, the script still works for me, just tested on 10.8.5.

PS: please attach a vanilla 10.8.5 AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext so i can patch it and attach it here for further testing.

Model: Probook 4540S
CPU: i7 3632'QM
Display resolution: 1366x768
Mountain Lion 10.8.5 which kext ineed install AIFC beta 2.2 or AppleIntelFramebufferCapri 10.8.4. plz help ????

Do you have a vanilla kext?
I can attach you mine, but I would like to do it for a vanilla one just to be 100% sure and clean.

Attachments

• 10.8.5 - AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext.zip
    194.8 KB · Views: 88
HDMI audio now 100% work for me thank you kpkp
i wand ask also for u my pro book 4540s i7 3632QM lvy has error in console
"X86PlatformPlugin::configResourceHandler - Failed to set ring table!"
"X86PlatformPlugin::setRingTable - AICPM failed to load ring table with status 0x0: Get=0, Load=0, Install=0"
"Sound assertion in AppleHDAEngine at line 599"
what i wand du ... thanks kpkp

I have that too, I didn't see any explanation for that, so can't help you with that.

Exactly!!!
That is the "final" version that includes the high and low resolution in one big patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back