Contribute
Register

Testers with Ivy ProBooks needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got one here. The HDMI display (no audio) works with Win and Linux but not MacOS. Just went through precautions (repair volume & permissions, rebuild caches, EC reset) on a fresh system set up with UB-ML 1.7.0, OS 10.8.3, PBI6.1b9) for investigating this HDMI issue.

Besides kext installation, what do I have to do with the two scripts?

For the DSDT patch (1600x900), would it suffice to replace ig-platform-id 01660004 with 01660008 or do I need to replace the whole patch in the PBI-provided DSDT?

dg
Beside the kext all u need to do is open your DSDT, search for ig-platform-id and change it from 0x04, 0x00, 0x66, 0x01 to 0x08, 0x00, 0x66, 0x01, save.

Scripts are just for easier kext patching/development, i would hide them if i could in one of those spoilers wrappers that are getting more popular in the forums lately.

Scripts are just for easier kext patching/development, i would hide them if i could in one of those spoilers wrappers that are getting more popular in the forums lately.[/I]

if it is really worth it: => .txt => .zip for download.
Thanks for the quick reply!
dg

Model: Probook 4740S
CPU: i5-3210M
Display resolution: 1600x900
Comment what works and what not: HDMI video works, including:
mirroring,
several randomly selected scales incl. 1080p (1080i vibrates),
rotation,
PAL and NTFS refresh rates,
Underscan.

Thanks for the great work!

dg

Do u have a chance to test the HDMI audio too?

How come HDMI audio needs testing, I thought it was already working?
We are trying to make a kext that works for all ivy probooks as such it has some minor changes that need testing to confirm the theoretic part.

First post updated with a beta2 kext.

Change log:
BETA2: Changing the platform-Id from 01660004 to 01660008 for high-res Probooks is no longer required.

Video works as in beta1.

Re Audio. Good news: I really accidentally stumbled over an earphone port at the back (designers... :crazy:) of my HDMI display and it works in Windows. Bad news: it does not in ML.

dg

Video works as in beta1.

Re Audio. Good news: I really accidentally stumbled over an earphone port at the back (designers... :crazy:) of my HDMI display and it works in Windows. Bad news: it does not in ML.

dg
Did you change the audio outout in sound settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back