Graphics
Intel HD4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have installed TeamViewer 8 (latest version). I can connect to a remote computer (a Windows computer also running TeamViewer), but upon connecting I don't get the window with the remote computer's display in it. Just nothing, nada. So I don't see anything and can't do anything. Is this a known problem? If yes, is there a solution?

I have installed TeamViewer 8 (latest version). I can connect to a remote computer (a Windows computer also running TeamViewer), but upon connecting I don't get the window with the remote computer's display in it. Just nothing, nada. So I don't see anything and can't do anything. Is this a known problem? If yes, is there a solution?

I've been using Teamviewer from OS X and Win 7 to manage both OS X and Windoz machines with no problems. Sounds like there may be an issue resolving differences in resolution between the host and controlling computers, so you might try changing one or the other before connecting. Also, toggle that you want to view all screens (in case the host computer is using 2 displays).

I've been using Teamviewer from OS X and Win 7 to manage both OS X and Windoz machines with no problems. Sounds like there may be an issue resolving differences in resolution between the host and controlling computers, so you might try changing one or the other before connecting. Also, toggle that you want to view all screens (in case the host computer is using 2 displays).

Thanks for your reaction. I've done several tests, using all available resolutions, but none of them made TeamViewer work.... BUT, I went back to my original resolution, started TeamViewer again, made a connection to a remote computer, no remote display... I went away from the computer, came back a few minutes later... and the remote display was there! So I did a few more tests, with connections over my LAN (to another computer in my network) and over internet (to a friend's computer). Sometimes the remote display appeared after about 3 minutes, sometimes it didn't appear at all. Sounds like a proxy or other connection problem, but I don't have any other issues with internet or my LAN. I have no clue what the problem might be. I think I better wait for a new build of TeamViewer for Mac....

You may be on the right track. I think it may well be a proxy or possibly firewall issue (although Teamviewer is very good at avoiding firewall issues). I'd suggest asking the person with the host computer to double check that they aren't going through some sort of proxy, and try it with their anti-virus / firewall software turned off.

I have a multi-boot system, TeamViewer for Windows works flawless, the remote screen appears immediately after connecting to a remote computer. With TeamViewer for Mac the remote screen appears after a long delay, it can take up to 15 minutes before the screen appears! So the problem is either TeamViewer for Mac or my OS X ML (network?) configuration. I have looked at the logfiles, hoping to find an error message, but nothing. Everything looks perfect. It's difficult to debug without error messages ;). Maybe another piece of software is interfering with TeamViewer? I've stopped as many as possible processes with Activity Monitor. Didn't help either. It's not a very big issue of course, I'm just wondering what the cause is.

Strange indeed. If you switch sides, do you have the same problem? If it's a feasible situation, I can try connecting to the windows machine from my ML to see if I encounter the same problem. Your call if you wish. You can leave me a private message if you prefer.

Strange indeed. If you switch sides, do you have the same problem? If it's a feasible situation, I can try connecting to the windows machine from my ML to see if I encounter the same problem. Your call if you wish. You can leave me a private message if you prefer.

I've sent you a PM :)

I've faced same problem on 10.8.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back