Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z97-A
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 760
Hi to all,

are there any people who use the Us2400 in a hackintosh environment? It's almost functionning for me.

However the faders don't jump/null to where they should go when I open an existing project. How do I remedy this?

Thanks

As i know, it doesn't has support for Leopard, Snow Leopard..
I had to use Windows..

My dream is that some day will work on Lion...

Sirius199 said:
Hi to all,

are there any people who use the Us2400 in a hackintosh environment? It's almost functionning for me.

However the faders don't jump/null to where they should go when I open an existing project. How do I remedy this?

Thanks

Hello... besides the faders not jumping upon opening a session, does everything else work well?

Did you also try it in Protools? Thank you

Well, i'm glad to say you guys that the Tascam US-2400 is total functionally on a Hackintosh with Snow Leopard and Pro Tools 9.
The only thing that doesn't rules is the scrab jog. METERS, Faders, Panners, Aux send, Flip.. Everything i tested is ok... I'm really surprised.. I could leave Windows..!!

wow, this is really great. Thank you for the fast answer!

I hadn't decided whether to buy it, as I'm on hackintosh too, and since there were forum posts around the web stating that Tascam didn't release drivers for leopard and snow leopard for real macs, the chances of it working with my setup were slim..

Besides, I've had problems with my Behringer BCF2000 on my second ProTools hackintosh, based on a GA-Q67M-D2H-B3 - didn't work at all.

On my Asus P8B WS everything works flawlessly - even the BCF2000 - with ProTools 9 HD2 with PCI to PCI expansion chassis.

So, I guess, I'll buy the Tascam US-2400, even if there will be no Lion support. ProTools 10 is as far as I can go with this setup anyway, as it seems like PT11 will be 64 bit only.

Me too I have an Hackintosh with ASUS P7P55d and a Tascam US 2400. Snow Leopard last version.

The controller is working, but has an erratic behaviour: some fader positions not aligned on song startup, same thing in ProTools 9 and PT 10.

Tried everything, from switching powered hubs to change USB ports, but no results.

ANY HELP REALLY APPRECIATED THANKS IN ADVANCE. :thumbup: :thumbup:

teetoleevio

Do you have the Tascam in Pro Tools Mode?
This is: press POWER and will see the power led in latent mode
then hold Master SEL + AUX1 + POWER.
After this the AUX1 led button will flash.

Also you have to configure In PT as a 4 Mackie Control Units.

Thank you very much Aram, :thumbup:

I have it in ProTools "1" startup mode and configured inside ProTools as 3 "HUI" interface units.

I am able to do that on another identical Tascam on a I-7 - Win7 32 bit PC and a 2007 MacBook Pro with same Snow Leopard version.

Any help appreciated thank you very much.

Teetoleevio

I assume that you have flashed the us2400 to the latest firmware (i think is the 1.31).
The other possible factor that i can imagine is the USB chipset... You could try with an pci usb expander.
I cannot figure what may be causing this.

Update, after some weeks... :x

Tried the USB 3.0 Asus PCIe expansion - NEC chipset - and loaded drivers with Multibeast.
No way. A USB data key works great, but different USB device plugged into the expander (i.e. Korg PadKontrol) is not recognized. I can see the device Tascam US 2400 plugged in System Profiler, but no way to see the tascam MIDI ports on Audio Midi configuration and /or any audio application.

What's more is: if plug anythnig into the new blue USB 3.0 ports, the current active Firewire audio interface is not recognized anymore and I have to switch the fiewire cable on a PCIe port expander with a TI chipset.

"PC" speaking it seems an IRQ problem. A conflict between interrupts or something like that.

I am back with a normal USB port like in the past. Tried everything with no success.
With Reason 6 the USB controller in Mackie Control mide works decently.
With ProTools 10 Native in HUI mode the behaviour is totally erratic unless I switch the latency to i.e. 512 samples from 1024 inside the Engine window.
In this case when I click Apply all faders suddenly go to the right position.

Don't know how to proceed any further. :problem:
Too much newbie on Hackintosh, too ignorant.

I have 2 Hack identical machines assembled by a great guy. And a Tascam US 2400 controller to connect for each system... :eek:

For information, on my old 2007 Macbook Pro, same Snow Leopard version, the same Tascam is working great if cnected on the left Usb port. Erratic behaviour if connected to the right USB port.

Any help truly appreciated, thanks in advance. :headbang:

8) Teetoleevio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back