Contribute
Register

Takes too long to boot, already replaced two kexts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a similar issue with the same GFX card, creating a DSDT from my motherboard and injecting the correct audio profile worked for me. I wasn't using a Gigabyte board though and they are usually spot on from what I have read. Might be worth a shot.....

Mine runs perfect without the card. I learned something about kexts... Multibeast will install them but not delete them. You try something new like Voodoo, and it doesn't work, you have to manually remove it. Running MB again will not remove it.

I used ccc and cloned a stable ML on a second drive and will start the experiments over. I can always start from the other drive and fix what I did. Also discovered that you need to clear the kext cache and repair permissions. Two different things. So, back to the drawing board.

Maybe I need to go the dst route

Hey guys, not to be a jerk, but this is changing into a sound problem, a totally different issue. If anyone has any ideas on the slow booting issue, please let me know.

TVman, I don't know which line it hangs on, that's just the suspect lines from the system log file, you can see the long time between lines in the middle, so I figured that was the issue. I can post the whole thing but was trying to keep it brief.

You didn't respond to my query reference trying without your GFX card installed? I'd do a fresh install using HD4000 only and see if the problem persists.

K I'll try that tonight (I'm at work now), and post back here with results. If that's what is causing the delay, is there anything I can do? 'Cuz if it's a choice between a slow boot with my radeon card vs. quick boot with the integrated 4000, then I gots ta keep my radeon. I know there's stuff in multibeast, but I don't recall seeing a choice for a radeon 5770, although I could be wrong.

Hey guys, not to be a jerk, but this is changing into a sound problem, a totally different issue. If anyone has any ideas on the slow booting issue, please let me know.

TVman, I don't know which line it hangs on, that's just the suspect lines from the system log file, you can see the long time between lines in the middle, so I figured that was the issue. I can post the whole thing but was trying to keep it brief.

Sorry man, didn't mean to hijack your thread. Kinda new at this.

Got my problem solved. Could be something here you can use. Good luck!

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...ce-210-silent-ml-ga-h77n-wifi.html#post516483

No problem, Michaelcly, just trying to avoid the unintended hijacking that was evolving. I just read your thread, gives me more things to try when I get home (At work now, but they truly pay me to do nothing, haha).

Got home and started thinking I gotta get back to a working windows install so I redid the pc, installing mac on one drive, windows on another. It's working ok except for the slow boot issue. I'll post again over the weekend but gotta get to some stuff only windows can do.

Hi PJB515,

i had a similar issue, but i don't know if you have the same problem as i have. I had three problematic things that prevented me from "booting fast".

* First thing was i had not User DSDT
* second one was i used the "apple driver" for my network card (which also made it impossible to use hibernate)
* third and probably the most critical one, chimera could not calculate or detect my SystemUUID.

Now i think the first 2 are easy to solve, 1 create a userDSDT, 2 use the appropriate driver for the network card.
Number 3 was a little tricky. Now to be sure that you have the same issue, start your hackintosh in verbose mode. The issue i had was that shortly before going to the Desktop it showed the following entry "Waiting for DSMOS". This took about 40 to 50 sec till "DSMOS arrived" was printed in the console and a second or two later i was on the desktop.

Now the problem in that case can be a not loaded fakesmc or not installed one. So i installed it with all the plugins and restarted. Turned out that this did not solve my problem. (actually i was pretty sure i had one installed, but i tried it anyways...)

Alright, it took me almost a night to find out that my HardwareUUID was not calculated correctly.
If you look into your chimera bootlog and you find something like that:
No UUID present in SMBIOS System Information Table
[ERROR] UUID='0123456789ABCDEF' syntax error
Customizing SystemID with :

You are nearly there. Just do the following few steps and reboot. It worked perfectly for me:

1)
Go to
http://www.famkruithof.net/uuid/uuidgen
and copy the uuid generated, then change the latest part to match the MAC address of your ethernet device2)
Add the following to your org.chameleon.Boot.plist

<key>SystemId</key>
<string>The key you modified from uuidgen</string>

Hopefully that helped you to get a "smoothly" running ML. At least it did it for me.

rgds

SthWeird

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back