Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Asus P8Z77-V Pro takes too long to boot, already replaced two kexts

Whatup pimps!

I've got my Hackintosh running pretty well, but it takes over a minute to boot, and it's installed on an ssd. I've done some searching and did a couple things to try to fix it, including replacing the appleahciport.kext and ioahcifamily.kext using kextbeast. I've formatted and reinstalled a couple times, too, but it still takes too long to boot. I found a forum thread about looking at the system log file (Find the last BOOT_TIME line and scroll forward from there, looking for pauses), so I can see that there's a spot where it sits for a while, then continues. I'll post the whole thing, if anyone wants, but to keep it brief, I copied the pertinent section. I haven't omitted any rows, it's a complete section. I figured I should include a few lines before and after the pause, so I've done that.
I can't figure out what the pause means. You can see what it's stopping for, but I can't put it all together. My hardware specs are at the bottom. Any help appreciated!

Dec 15 05:26:56 1s-mac-pro.home digest-service[91]: digest-request: uid=0
Dec 15 05:26:56 1s-mac-pro.home rpcsvchost[97]: sandbox_init: com.apple.msrpc.netlogon.sb succeeded
Dec 15 05:26:56 1s-mac-pro.home digest-service[91]: digest-request: init request
Dec 15 05:26:56 1s-mac-pro.home digest-service[91]: digest-request: init return domain: BUILTIN server: 1S-MAC-PRO
Dec 15 05:26:57 1s-mac-pro kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDACodecGeneric at line 360
Dec 15 05:26:58 1s-mac-pro.home ntpd[92]: proto: precision = 1.000 usec
Dec 15 05:27:03 1s-mac-pro.home stackshot[55]: Timed out waiting for IOKit to finish matching.
Dec 15 05:27:03 1s-mac-pro.home apsd[83]: CGSLookupServerRootPort: Failed to look up the port for "com.apple.windowserver.active" (1102)
Dec 15 05:27:08 1s-mac-pro.home awacsd[81]: Exiting
Dec 15 05:27:48 1s-mac-pro.home configd[18]: InterfaceNamer: timed out waiting for IOKit to quiesce
Dec 15 05:27:48 1s-mac-pro.home configd[18]: Busy services :
Dec 15 05:27:48 1s-mac-pro.home configd[18]: MacPro3,1 [1, 62908 ms]
Dec 15 05:27:48 1s-mac-pro.home configd[18]: MacPro3,1/AppleACPIPlatformExpert [1, 60784 ms]
Dec 15 05:27:48 1s-mac-pro.home configd[18]: MacPro3,1/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0 [1, 60562 ms]
Dec 15 05:27:48 1s-mac-pro.home configd[18]: MacPro3,1/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI [1, 60559 ms]
Dec 15 05:27:48 1s-mac-pro.home configd[18]: MacPro3,1/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/GFX0@2 [1, 59151 ms]
Dec 15 05:27:55 1s-mac-pro.home WindowServer[88]: Session 256 retained (2 references)

My rig:
Core-I7 3770k processor
asus P8Z77-v pro motherboard
8 gigs corsair ram
XFX Radeon 5770 video card
Patriot Pyro 60GB SATA III SSD

You are not alone. I hope you get some responses I can learn from too.

I have a different mobo and graphics card but still I hope to get something out of it. I have posted in other forum areas but no responses. I hope you get some here.

When you do the install from UniBeast USB then reboot, is it slow from then or after you have used MultiBeast and rebooted? I also assume you have updated the BIOS with the patched version?

When you do the install from UniBeast USB then reboot, is it slow from then or after you have used MultiBeast and rebooted? I also assume you have updated the BIOS with the patched version?

It's slow right from the reboot after Unibeast install. My bios is version 11/9, EC version MBEC-Z77-0130, ME version 8.0.2.1410

Bump, any ideas out there?

I haven't solved my own slow boot yet but here's something I ran accross...worth a shot I guess:
1. If you have more than one slot, make sure your Graphics card is in slot 1.
2. If you have a second Windows drive, sometimes the way they are plugged in can make a difference. Someone on this board said they changed the positions of the Windows Drive and the osx drive and it made a difference.

Mine is a sound problem. I just don't know how to solve it. When I change to a generic sound choice in MultiBeast, it boots fast. But I don't have sound.

I do have the vid card in slot one. I currently have only one hard drive connected, although once everything is working I'll hook up the other drives.
Your sound problem is wacky, I have no idea why it would do that...

same problem here, really need some help.

I haven't solved my own slow boot yet but here's something I ran accross...worth a shot I guess:
1. If you have more than one slot, make sure your Graphics card is in slot 1.
2. If you have a second Windows drive, sometimes the way they are plugged in can make a difference. Someone on this board said they changed the positions of the Windows Drive and the osx drive and it made a difference.

Mine is a sound problem. I just don't know how to solve it. When I change to a generic sound choice in MultiBeast, it boots fast. But I don't have sound.

I had a similar issue with the same GFX card, creating a DSDT from my motherboard and injecting the correct audio profile worked for me. I wasn't using a Gigabyte board though and they are usually spot on from what I have read. Might be worth a shot.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back