Contribute
Register

Take computer overseas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
jimx86 said:
So now that we go that figured out, may i ask - if it's not too personal - why you're going off to Korea, auntyjamima? Is it permanent?

I am going there to teach English for a year (possibly more). I just graduated college, and I have been wanting to travel for a long time but never had enough money. This way I can travel AND save money. I love the culture of Asia and I also love teaching as well so this is the perfect situation for me. Korea's cost of living is low, so I can save money up for traveling around Asia after my contract is over.

I am a musician, and writing music is my main focus. I use my hackintosh as an audio workstation. As a college student, the mac pro was obviously out of my price range even though I have been working the entire time. While in Korea, I want to continue to write and record music, and hopefully get involved with some of the musicians there.

So yes, I will be taking the cliche year-off after college, but I think there are good reasons why many people do this, and for me it just seemed to fit. I need a break right now before I try to enter the harsh reality of the job market for graduating music majors .

I am going there to teach English for a year (possibly more). I just graduated college, and I have been wanting to travel for a long time but never had enough money. This way I can travel AND save money. I love the culture of Asia and I also love teaching as well so this is the perfect situation for me. Korea's cost of living is low, so I can save money up for traveling around Asia after my contract is over.

Cool, that's great! I loved Korea when I was there (though not long, I wish I could stay longer). I also love their language! It sounds so natural when hearing Korean.

I am a musician, and writing music is my main focus. I use my hackintosh as an audio workstation. As a college student, the mac pro was obviously out of my price range even though I have been working the entire time. While in Korea, I want to continue to write and record music, and hopefully get involved with some of the musicians there.

Musician? Sweet! What is your main instrument? Do you happen to compose for concert bands? :D

So yes, I will be taking the cliche year-off after college, but I think there are good reasons why many people do this, and for me it just seemed to fit. I need a break right now before I try to enter the harsh reality of the job market for graduating music majors .

Of course, music is tough lately, so much competition.

Haen gun eul bil oh [in] Han guk!

Carry on is a good option. I have done it. Cheaper and safer.

Another option is to sell it to a friend and build a new one in Korea.

Rabbit.

jimx86 said:
Haen gun eul bil oh [in] Han guk!

Not sure what that means. Have a good time in Korea? I am still learning.

rabbit74 said:
Carry on is a good option. I have done it. Cheaper and safer.

Another option is to sell it to a friend and build a new one in Korea.

Rabbit.

Carry on it is! I just need to find the right bag and I am set.

Not sure what that means. Have a good time in Korea? I am still learning.

Haha no worries, it means "Good luck in Korea", I'm not korean myself, but I learn from my friends - the language is so fun to listen to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back