Contribute
Register

tailchaser's Build: Core i7-4770K - GA-Z87X-UD5H - 32GB RAM - GTX 770

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, no... I can't shed any insight on BIOS and boot. I saw some references to disabling functions to get it to install, but most of the builds seem to agree that optimized defaults work for a running install.

Thank you for your reply. I did get it to work by changing in the bios:
VT-d enabled to disabled
Wake up Lan enabled to disabled

I did some more searching and found the fix on another string. Somewhere it mentioned it has to do with the processor being a 4770 versus a 4770K
Thanks

HI, PLEASE HELP! sleep work ?????

in my case never wake up after sleeping...

Try disabling Wake on LAN in the UEFI.

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but I found something of interest. The following discussion thread doesn't specifically mention Haswell, but since we're using a very iMac like setup, I think it's worth a look: https://discussions.apple.com/message/23652690#23652690

There appear to be problems with Mavericks itself as evidenced by this: http://www.macrumors.com/2013/11/21...-of-os-x-mavericks-10-9-1-beta-to-developers/

Doing a Google search with "Mavericks freezes" will also tell you a whole lot more. I don't believe it's just the due to the risks of doing it the Hackintosh way.

Tailchaser, thanks a lot for writing this up. I have the 4770K + Z87X-UD5h + Gigabyte GTX 770. This will be my first Hackintosh and my case (Nanoxia Deep Silence 1) arrives tomorrow. With your settings I bet I can get it up and running pretty darn quick!
Like you, acoustics are a big concern for me which is why I bought a case geared towards it. I almost bought some 140mm Corsair fans but figured I should wait and see how the case fans perform and what temps I'm getting. Sounds like those Noctuas might be a better choice depending, though. I also didn't get a CPU cooler because I didn't really know anything about them. The Cooler Master looks nice.
I'm sure things will be a bit buggy at first but honestly it's going to be 10.9.2 before the big glaring bugs are out of the way. I don't mind since I'll have a shiny new OS to get used to (currently on 10.6.8).
Thanks again!

EDIT: still going to see how the case fans are but I'll have a Cooler Master 212 Evo here on Friday! Should keep things nice and cool. Watching some videos really helped it make sense.

I have an almost identical build list, the only difference being a GTX 680 2GB. The build has worked out almost perfectly, except for one tough little problem. If you attempt to play an iTunes movie trailer, the system does a hard lockup, and not even the reset button will restart it, it requires the power button to be pressed for a few seconds. If I disable the IGP and just use the GTX 680, this doesn't happen, but then no Airplay support. I'm a pretty experienced hackintosh builder, been in it since 2006. I don't need anybody to try and diagnose my problem, I've tried dozens of different fixes. What I would like to ask, is if you have the same setup, that is the same motherboard and CPU, can you play an iTunes movie trailer?

Mavericks 10.9 Retail
GA-Z87X-UD5H (tried both F7 and F8c BIOS)
Core i7-4770K
GTX 680 2GB
16GB RAM, 8GBx2 (also tried 8GB, 4GBx2)

Thanks so much for any feedback!

I have an almost identical build list, the only difference being a GTX 680 2GB. The build has worked out almost perfectly, except for one tough little problem. If you attempt to play an iTunes movie trailer, the system does a hard lockup, and not even the reset button will restart it, it requires the power button to be pressed for a few seconds. If I disable the IGP and just use the GTX 680, this doesn't happen, but then no Airplay support. I'm a pretty experienced hackintosh builder, been in it since 2006. I don't need anybody to try and diagnose my problem, I've tried dozens of different fixes. What I would like to ask, is if you have the same setup, that is the same motherboard and CPU, can you play an iTunes movie trailer?

Mavericks 10.9 Retail
GA-Z87X-UD5H (tried both F7 and F8c BIOS)
Core i7-4770K
GTX 680 2GB
16GB RAM, 8GBx2 (also tried 8GB, 4GBx2)

Thanks so much for any feedback!

I have the same problem of system freeze with iTunes movie trailer, and I'm just using internal graphics only (build: GA-Z87X-UD5H - i7-4770K - HD4600). I do have a "fresh install". I read a few other posts about this problem. I need to look into it.:eek:

@pcb355:
I played around with the settings of the internal graphics, and when i disabled it, I got a low resolution screen, and then I'm able to click on HD content in iTunes without crashing, but I cannot watch it (get black screen), but that is another issue, which is well documented, and a lot of people seem to scratch their head on.:crazy:

Otherwise, I agree, the build seems very solid. I'm planning to expand with graphics card eventually.

I installed the 6.01 Multibeast update and downgraded the ethernet driver. I also replaced the removed AppleIntelHD*.kext drivers. Now all seems well with just setting IGPEnabled=No. Would be nice to have the Intel Graphics and Airplay, but that's what my laptop is for, I guess.

Going to beat on it a bit more before I update the first post.

Hello there! Nice build. I want to build a Hackint0sh similar to this as an upgrade from my current one, but first I have a few questions. What Bluetooth adapter are you using? Why did you select the iMac SMBios instead of a Mac Pro SMBios? Thanks for your time!

:headbang:
Both those questions are already answered in this thread... The Bluetooth is an SABrent 2.0 which "works" but not perfectly. iMac because the Haswell is much more like an iMac than Mac Pro. Good luck with your build!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back