Contribute
Register

tailchaser's Build: Core i7-4770K - GA-Z87X-UD5H - 32GB RAM - GTX 770

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you seen this post for a reliably working BT 4.0 solution ?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/buying-advice/115959-bt-10-9-z87x-ud5h.html
I had not. Thanks! Would be nice to find something more reliable than the IOGEAR's... Have used them in the past, and they don't last very long... The one I ordered for this build was DOA, but I've got one in another machine that will work in this one... May have to try a GMYLE and see. Honestly the Sabrent is working really well. It only stops recognizing multitouch after a reboot... Which is fortunately a rare occurrence now.

I have a very similar setup to yours and was wondering about this: does the iMac 14,2 profile work better for audio? I'm using the default MacPro 3,1 profile and if I use the audio long enough (perhaps within half an hour) for anything (games, various online videos, etc.) it eventually gets glitchy and may even stop working.

I have almost the exact same build. I changed from 3,1 to 14,2 and the back green sound port started working in addition to the front audio port.

:mrgreen:
I have a very similar setup to yours and was wondering about this: does the iMac 14,2 profile work better for audio? I'm using the default MacPro 3,1 profile and if I use the audio long enough (perhaps within half an hour) for anything (games, various online videos, etc.) it eventually gets glitchy and may even stop working.
I haven't experienced any audio trouble, but I didn't when testing under the MacPro 3,1 definition either. Which Audio driver are you using?

HI, PLEASE HELP! sleep work ?????

in my case never wake up after sleeping...

Hi,
I'm hoping you can help with a problem I'm having. I have a very similar system differing by using a different NVIDIA card and using a 4770 instead of 4770k.

I used your settings from your Multibeast install with Haswell and everything seems to be working fine with the exception of getting it to boot correctly.

-In bios i loaded optimized defaults, made the PCIe first display device, disabled Intel graphics and used the P0 Samsung EVO SSD boot priority instead of UEFI. I have it set to both legacy and UEFI capability instead of just legacy. It booted once perfectly and then reverted back to needing -x to boot. I'm stuck with the spinning wheel when I try without the safe mode.

I'm not certain what needs to be done. I'm guessing something in bios but wonder if you ran across this and can provide some insight.
Thanks,

Hi,
I'm hoping you can help with a problem I'm having. I have a very similar system differing by using a different NVIDIA card and using a 4770 instead of 4770k.

I used your settings from your Multibeast install with Haswell and everything seems to be working fine with the exception of getting it to boot correctly.

-In bios i loaded optimized defaults, made the PCIe first display device, disabled Intel graphics and used the P0 Samsung EVO SSD boot priority instead of UEFI. I have it set to both legacy and UEFI capability instead of just legacy. It booted once perfectly and then reverted back to needing -x to boot. I'm stuck with the spinning wheel when I try without the safe mode.

I'm not certain what needs to be done. I'm guessing something in bios but wonder if you ran across this and can provide some insight.
Thanks,
Unfortunately, no... I can't shed any insight on BIOS and boot. I saw some references to disabling functions to get it to install, but most of the builds seem to agree that optimized defaults work for a running install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back