Contribute
Register

T540p won't boot...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably is an EDID issue. Look into the FixEDID app.
What's interesting is that if I boot with an invalid ig-platform-id such as 0x12345678, the colour banding disappears, but I'm left with 7mb Vram.
Is there a custom EDID for Intel HD 4600?

Thanks and sorry for the trouble.
Most of these things are a bit complex to understand.

What's interesting is that if I boot with an invalid ig-platform-id such as 0x12345678, the colour banding disappears, but I'm left with 7mb Vram.

Not surprising.

Is there a custom EDID for Intel HD 4600?

Please look into FixEDID, as already suggested.

Not surprising.

Please look into FixEDID, as already suggested.
I have attempted all the outputs in fixEDID, none of which have solved the colour banding. Some of them caused serious garble and distortion of colours, so I didn't want to attempt anything I don't know.
I swear, the T540p isn't a good hackintosh machine.

I have attached my problem reporting files. Maybe you can see something I don't and point me in the right direction?
Thank you for your assistance this far.

Attachments

• debug_3250.zip
    3 MB · Views: 58
  • Screenshot 2018-10-22 at 19.53.47.png
    Screenshot 2018-10-22 at 19.53.47.png
    922.5 KB · Views: 69
I have attempted all the outputs in fixEDID, none of which have solved the colour banding. Some of them caused serious garble and distortion of colours, so I didn't want to attempt anything I don't know.
I swear, the T540p isn't a good hackintosh machine.

I have attached my problem reporting files. Maybe you can see something I don't and point me in the right direction?
Thank you for your assistance this far.

I'm not really seeing a problem in the image you attached.
And you forgot ioreg.

I'm not really seeing a problem in the image you attached.
And you forgot ioreg.
Ioreg isn't included in the debug?
Okay, let me add it.

Also about the image, the colour banding in the blurred background isn't visible to you?
I don't know how else to explain. The gradient is visible. The lines separating colours are visible.
There has to be a fix since its very smooth if I boot with an invalid platform ig.

Attachments

• MacBook Pro.ioreg
    12.7 MB · Views: 67
Also about the image, the colour banding in the blurred background isn't visible to you?
I don't know how else to explain. The gradient is visible. The lines separating colours are visible.
There has to be a fix since its very smooth if I boot with an invalid platform ig.

Why don't you look at your image on another computer to verify what you're seeing on screen is actually in the image or an artifact specific to the screen on the laptop?

Moved to Mojave support

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back